The Italian Duke's Wife (By Royal Command) (Harlequin Presents #2529)

The Italian Duke's Wife (By Royal Command) (Harlequin Presents #2529)

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  221 ratings  ·  11 reviews
"I WILL PAY YOU ONE MILLION POUNDS TO BECOME MY WIFE FOR ONE YEAR. THE MARRIAGE WILL NOT BE CONSUMMATED..."

Italian aristocrat Lorenzo, Duce di Montesavro, needs to marry, and English tourist Jodie Oliver seems the ideal candidate for this convenient arrangement --- her vulnerability is especially appealing to Lorenzo. But when he unleashes a desire Jodie never knew she pos...more
Mass Market Paperback, 187 pages
Published April 1st 2006 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2006)

Heaven, Texas by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsThe Proposition by Judith IvoryLord of the Abyss by Nalini SinghTalking Dirty with the CEO by Jackie AshendenNever a Gentleman by Eileen Dreyer
Flat Chested Plain Janes
30th out of 41 books — 4 voters
The Spanish Groom by Lynne GrahamBond of Hatred by Lynne GrahamGold Ring of Betrayal by Michelle ReidTrophy Husband by Lynne GrahamTempestuous Reunion by Lynne Graham
My Fave Harlequins
198th out of 305 books — 90 voters

More lists with this book...

Lynsey A
I liked this book and mostly because the heroine got a little of her own back at the people who treated her horribly by walking in with a prince on her arm. Vindictive and spiteful of me but true. It was a bit nice. :-)

No worries there is still a love story to truly enjoy.
Aarati
This was an enjoyable enough read (for someone who is a sucker for Harlequin Presents, at least), but the following lines at the end of the book almost single-handedly lowered my rating from 3.5 to 3 stars:

"‘I didn’t use a condom,’ he told her quietly.

Jodie swallowed. ‘You mean you forgot?’

‘No, I mean I chose not to. Because I wanted our pleasure to be skin to skin, with no barriers between us, and because I can’t think of anything more wonderful than knowing we could have created our child.’"

I...more
Mermarie
May 08, 2012 Mermarie marked it as to-read

He he he. She should have said, I'll bet you two million pounds that it will be. :D Double or nothin', hunkster!
Michelle Christensen
Well the story was pretty meh if you ask me.
On the other hand the sex scenes were more detailed than you normally see in HPs and very steamy.
But that's pretty much the only good thing about this book.
RebeccaL
Nov 24, 2011 RebeccaL rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: hp
Very enjoyable. There is no big misunderstanding and open communication to each other makes their development of love very believable.
Jenny
Heroine spends her time pining nonstop for her ex-fiance and being mean to the hero. Pathetic, insecure, whiny and self centered.
JoAnn
This is what I am looking for when I read a Harlequin. A nicely told romance, a bit of fantasy and a quick read.
Kristi
I am moving, and in the packing process found a box of books my mom sent to me a long time ago. This is one.
Nell
The meet between the hero and heroine was OTT but the story was nicely written and I really enjoyed it.
konneko .
Lo mismo de siempre. Agradable para una tarde sin mucho más que hacer.
Tonya Warner
A great story. Jodie and Lorenzo are a good couple.
Normal
Normal added it
Apr 20, 2014
Khothy
Khothy marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Kendre
Kendre added it
Mar 27, 2014
Millicent Shereni
Millicent Shereni marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
Ayesha Lezama
Ayesha Lezama marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2014
Fauzia Inamdar
Fauzia Inamdar marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
  • His Wedding-Night Heir
  • The Sicilian's Marriage Arrangement
  • The Italian's Wife (A Mediterranean Marriage) (Harlequin Presents, #2235)
  • In The Sheikh's Marriage Bed (Harlequin Presents, #2453)
  • The Ramirez Bride
  • The Greek Tycoon's Love-Child
  • The Purchased Wife
  • The Brazilian's Blackmail Bargain
19687
Penelope Jones Halsall
aka Caroline Courtney, Annie Groves, Lydia Hitchcock, Melinda Wright

Penelope "Penny" Jones was born on November 24, 1946 at about seven pounds in a nursing home in Preston, Lancashire, England. She was the first child of Anthony Winn Jones, an engineer, who died at 85, and his wife Margaret Louise Groves Jones. She has a brother, Anthony, and a sister, Prudence "Pru".

She had...more
More about Penny Jordan...
The Sheikh's Virgin Bride (Sheikh's Arabian Nights, #1) The Demetrios Virgin Marriage: To Claim his Twins (Romance) Mission: Makeover The Blackmail Baby (Wedlocked!) (Harlequin Presents, 2247)