Start by marking “The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3)

The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey #3)

4.25  ·  Rating Details  ·  79,887 Ratings  ·  4,350 Reviews
The New York Times Bestseller
My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the co
Published January 25th 2011 by Harlequin Teen

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareForever by Maggie StiefvaterSilence by Becca FitzpatrickPassion by Lauren Kate
YA Novels of 2011
6th out of 1,166 books — 6,996 voters
Entwined by Heather DixonWither by Lauren DeStefanoUnearthly by Cynthia HandAcross the Universe by Beth RevisDarkest Mercy by Melissa Marr
Beautiful Book Covers of 2011
9th out of 720 books — 4,417 voters

More lists with this book...

Jessica
So, this is it. Wow!

I can’t even begin to explain how much I loved this book. I know, this has been said many times before but I have to repeat it. This was epic!

The Iron Queen picks up right after Meghan and Ash were exiled and tells the story about Meghan’s last fight against the False Iron King and her attempt to save the Nevernever. This was an epic story about bravery, loyalty, friendship, true love as well as despair, loss and sacrifices.

All my beloved characters were back in this book. Gr
Krystle
Jan 09, 2012 Krystle rated it it was ok
Ah, I’ve finally come to the end of this series (sort of). It’s quite clear to me that I really am not a fan of Julie Kagawa’s writing style but I’m always hopeful. Sadly, I have resigned myself to believing that this is not going to change, not now and not ever.

There was nothing really offensive to me in this book as they were in the previous ones. The story moved at a decent enough clip, I suppose, though I find myself having to force myself to finish it because her prose is just so dry and bo
Simona Bartolotta
2.5

This is way better than the previous installment, but since some chapters, though not too many, just three or four, were so boring as to practically compel me to skim through more than actually read them, I can't honestly bring myself to rate this 3 stars.

“I wished that, for once, faery tales –real faery tales, not Disney fairy tales– would have a happy ending.”

I wished that too, but Meghan didn't die, so, adios happy ending. There'll be other occasions.

Okay, I'm usually not this harsh toward
Kristalia
Final rating: 4/5 stars

So... how the hell do i start this review???? Lemme see:
A long, long, time ago, in a fae land not so far away, nevernever was under an attack... Nope, sounds like
"Weird Al" Yankovic's song
.... So um ...... lemme see.... i know! With an interview!!

The guest of this interview today is the book "The Iron Queen", for short IQ.

IQ: So let's start from the beginning, shall we?

ME: Sure :D

IQ: So, for starters, how do you feel about me?

ME: You were amusing, fun and lovely book
Kristi
Feb 13, 2011 Kristi rated it it was amazing
If you have not read this series... please do! I am so very in love with it!

This installment was probably my favorite of the three.

I think one of my favorite parts of reading a series is watching the characters develop. And The Iron Fey series was an excellent example of that. Ash proved himself to be more than an ice cold heart, Puck's incessant mischief even gives way to seriousness and Meghan, once a insecure school girl, find courage beyond her means. It was powerful, I even cried... gooseb
Steph Sinclair

I.Am.Speechless.

This is easily one of the best series I have had the pleasure to read. I read all of the books back to back and let me tell you! Nothing ever prepared me for this epic adventure let alone the ending!

I struggled to actually sit and write a review for the first two books, because I was so caught upon the adventure. I knew there was no way I could write a review until I read all three of the books. So instead of just reviewing The Iron Queen, this will be an Iron Fey review. Got i
Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom)

My review can also be found on Reading Lark: http://readinglark.blogspot.com/2012/...

P.E.R.F.E.C.T.I.O.N. in EPIC proportions!

BRILLIANT! I read the netgalley of The Iron Queen before the book was released (thank you Netgalley and HarlequinTeen!)... it was so good I immediately had to reread the series up to and including The Iron Queen again. I am still blown away! Julie Kagawa is a master story teller. She has the ability to paint the scene with her words and describe the characters so richly,
Haleema
Nov 25, 2012 Haleema rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Oh, every person in this world who is literate
Beware of spoilers!

description

This book completely flipped my views on the characters, the plot, the concepts, etc. I cannot believe how much I Pucking love this book. (view spoiler) It's insane. The characters I used to think of as annoying, clingy, boring, and dull, NOW I LOVE THEM ALL! My excitement for these amazing, dynamic, brilliantly written characters is unfathomable. I don't know how I'm going to write this review. I feel like such a moron because organizatio
Cody
Oct 23, 2015 Cody rated it it was amazing
OH MY FEELS..... THAT ENDING! I am dead, seriously cannot cope 3 *Review to come*
Kristi-The Book Faery
Dec 21, 2010 Kristi-The Book Faery rated it it was amazing
Shelves: written-reviews
The Iron Queen is one of the best fantasy books I've had the pleasure to read. Julie Kagawa took me on a journey that I can only describe as fantastical. The characters are incredibly realistic; vivid and rich with depth and passion. The world she creates is described so minutely that you can visualize yourself with Meghan right down to the acrid smell of iron. The emotions the story evokes run the gamut. This is one powerful story that deserves the highest praise.

Ash and Meghan have been exile
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (of badger and SNAKE)

Now,

I don't know if I'm in love or if I'm pissed. Oh well, I guess I can be both, right? RIGHT?

I don't know if I should rate it 4, 4.5, 5 stars. No. Idea.

Truth to be told, that was amazing. Meghan, Puck, Razor, Grim, Ash, and all the creepy little bugs and other creatures... You're full of flaws, infuriating, you made me laugh, swoon, yell, cry, hope, dream, smile. I hated you. I love you all.

This book is far from flawless, and contrary to many, that's not my favorite (nah, that's the first, I
Kim
Nov 21, 2010 Kim rated it it was amazing
The false king is still trying to take over the Nevernever and he needs one more thing to accomplish his goal: the power of the Iron King. The land is slowly getting poisoned, more and more fey are dying and something needs to be done soon.

Meghan Chase, Ash and Puck are still banished from their homes, but that will soon chance once Oberon and Mab realize they need their help to take down the false king. They come to an agreement: The trio will no longer be banished, if they can defeat the fals
~Tina~
The Iron Queen continues off the last time we saw Meghan and Ash. Exiled from Nevernever and into the mortal world. Everyday normal possibilities are discussed and maybe, just maybe Meg and Ash can live in peace. Yeah, if it was only that easy.
The False King is still after Meghan and will do everything in his power to have her, for she possesses the key that will give him total power over the Iron realm.
Join Meghan, daughter of the Summer king. Ash, her beloved and Winter prince. Puck, comical g
♥ Becky  22

Mini review: This book was epic; read it.

(!Minor Spoilers!)

Well, well, well, Ashallyn'darkmyr Tallyn, we finally know your True Name.

Kidding, it's kinda cool actually. But I prefer Ash.

Let's talk about the whole Ash-being-Meghan's-knight thing. I want Meghan to be able to kick ass on her own, so I wasn't entirely sure how to feel about that at first.
I needn't have worried, though, because Meghan soon proved just how much she has grown since the first book. Who needs a knight when you're awesom
Colleen Houck
Jun 12, 2015 Colleen Houck added it
Shelves: fairies
I knew it was coming but still was not prepared for the ending of this book. I love how it's all coming together. Puck just leaps off the page. The gremlins are so cute! This one is my favorite of the series so far. I adore Ash.
Saniya
Jul 31, 2011 Saniya rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oh...my...GOD! :O
Face expression after reading this book:

This freaking book had so many twists and changes, I am still shocked right now. Its really hard for me to dissolve all the book, especially the ending, inside me, right now.
Things happened so quickly in this book, I was left with a shocked face in the end. Thus proving this book was total win.
Lemme just say this. The Iron Queen was full of epicness. (if thats even a word) And I just want the damn fourth book right now! xD

Things I loved
Isamlq
Nov 16, 2010 Isamlq rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-galley
I enjoyed both Iron King and Iron Princess, but IRON QUEEN is definitely the clincher. As can be told from my waxing on an on about Ash (see below if you don’t mind spoilers,) I am a big fan of his: Initially, I was all for Puck, but events in Iron Princess and Iron Queen have turned me into a card carrying member of team Ash. Though he is a big reason for my loving the series, he is not the only reason. Another reason is the fact that I cried. Now, I cry at the drop of a hat, but the events in ...more
Giovanna
Jun 06, 2016 Giovanna rated it it was amazing
Spent my evening pre-exam rereading swoony Ash and sassy Puck parts.
I'll never get why everybody and their mother hate this series. I still liiiiiiike it.

But, you know, I am cat.
Alicia O'Carrick

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?

description

WHAT THE FLYING FUCK OF A FUCK?!?!

I loved this and hated it so much. Oh my god. What the hell was that?

description

Just...just leave. Just leave me with my misery.
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
4.5 OH SHIT Stars

Oh nooooo....what the hell is that ending??

Finally, as soon as Ash and Meghan find an ounce of happiness...only sadness results.

UGH.

Loving this and can't wait to see how this plays out in the next one!
Katerina Kondrenko
3 out of 10

ревью на русском/review in russian

The Iron Fey (Железные фейри):
— The Iron Knight (Железный рыцарь) #4/4
— An Iron Fey Valentine (День железного Валентина) #4.4/4
— Iron's Prophecy (Пророчество же
oliviasbooks
The third installment of my very favorite fairy and steampunk series featuring my favorite cat ever and the cutest Gremlin alive ... I loved The Iron King and just liked The Iron Daughter. The typical consequence following the law of paranormal trilogies would be that I tolerated The Iron Queen - for old times' sake. But no - I got to be surprised (although I sometimes feel so unsurprisable): In most parts I liked The Iron Queen almost as much as The Iron King and in some parts (i.e. the number ...more
Nic
Nov 24, 2010 Nic rated it it was amazing
Favourite Quote: "His forehead bumped softly against mine, his brilliant silver gaze searing into me. “I plan to keep you, from everyone, for as long as I’m alive. That includes Puck, the false king, and anyone else who would take you away.” One corner of his mouth quirked, as I struggled to catch my breath under his powerful scrutiny. “I guess I should’ve warned you that I have a slight possessive streak.”

The Iron Fey series is one of my all time favourites. So I was extremely excited to get A
Darren Hagan aka snazzlebooks
*Actually 4.5 stars*

*No spoilers*

Not writing a big review for this one. So one problem I've had with this series is that it's failed to leave me gobsmacked. Don't get me wrong, it is really good, and I like everything that happens more or less, but after I put the books down after a reading session it isn't leaving me sat holding my head together to keep my mind from blowing. Does that make sense?

This one was gonna be another 4 star book until the ending. The end battle scene was just so great
Danny
Jan 22, 2011 Danny rated it it was amazing
This.was.epic!!! Simply epic. Julia Kagawa wrote an incredible third book in the Iron Fey series. I laughed and I cried - a lot! And I devoured every second of this book.

Read Review at Bewitched Bookworms..

Iron Queen starts with Ash and Meghan being cast out of Nevernever and talking about what to do next. What live to life - a Fey and a Half Breed, what future could they have in the human world?

When they reach Meghan's home, she's scared since it's been a year she was home. We don't have to
Erika
It’s strange how a journey can change you, what you can learn from it.
~Meghan, The Iron Queen~

Meghan, wow... you grew up. I still wanted to smack you sometimes, but I loved you. You showed me how important it is to fight for what's yours. No matter what's the cost. I adored your courage and hope. You're not a 16 years old teenage girl anymore. You're 17 now, and you're a warrior.

This was my story, our story. I would find a way for us both to live, to be happy.

Ash, I'd thought I couldn’t love
Sinead
Less Reality More Books

The Iron Queen is definitely my favourite of the Iron Fey series. This book kept me on the edge of my seat for the entire book. We’d left The Iron Daughter with Ash and Meghan exiled from the Faery world, assuming they would have an ordinarily human life in the real world. But of course, these two couldn’t stay out of the NeverNever for long and they’re soon sent right back into the middle of the war between the Summer and Winter Courts and the Iron Fey. Due to Meghan’s
Carolina Carriço
Jan 04, 2015 Carolina Carriço rated it really liked it
4.5 stars How I enjoyed this book! I’d say it’s my favourite so far, but I have my hopes up for the fourth book, because so far my big problem with these books is one single person. Meghan. God. How she annoys the crap out of me. In this book she was slightly better I have to give her that. At least she wasn’t crying every five pages as usual. That’s an improvement. But she still is one of the most annoying characters I read about so far.

Even though all that, this book was super awesome. My f
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ (of BADGER and Snake)
I learned that love can transcend race and time, and that it can be beautiful and perfect and worth fighting for but also fragile and heartbreaking, and sometimes sacrifice is necessary. That sometimes it's you against the world, and there are no easy answers. That you have to know when to hold on...and when to let go.

God. Damn. It. Damn you, Julie Kagawa! What. Was. THAT?! That is not one, but two, TWO series where she has literally (I DO MEAN LITERALLY) killed me with the endings at the piqu
Maria Snyder
Apr 06, 2011 Maria Snyder rated it it was amazing
I love this series and hope to have this book done by the time I meet Julie this weekend! I'm back from a wonderful weekend - met Julie Kagawa and Mara Purnhagen, fellow Harlequin Teen authors and we had two wonderful book signings!

I also finished Iron Queen on the plane ride home (it was a quick read). It was fantastic - the ending was tissue worthy, but there will be the Iron Knight from Ash's POV in November!! I can't wait.
The YA Dystopian ...: Iron Queen (Iron Fey #3) 1 2 Apr 30, 2016 06:16PM
Fey lovers 1 9 Jan 02, 2016 08:54AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa - Restarting October 11th 2015 57 107 Oct 14, 2015 01:58PM
Iron realm 11 17 May 22, 2015 10:39PM
Books, Books, And...: Iron Queen 1 7 Apr 01, 2015 10:08PM
Books, Books, And...: Iron Queen 1 5 Apr 01, 2015 10:08PM
2015 Reading Chal...: The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa 1 16 Feb 11, 2015 08:08AM
  • Shadowspell (Faeriewalker, #2)
  • Darklight (Wondrous Strange, #2)
  • If I Die (Soul Screamers, #5)
  • Forever Frost (Frost, #2)
  • Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2)
  • In the Forests of the Night (Goblin Wars, #2)
  • Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely, #5)
  • Tiger's Quest (The Tiger Saga, #2)
  • Desires of the Dead (The Body Finder, #2)
  • Entice (Need, #3)
  • Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy, #2)
  • So Silver Bright (Théâtre Illuminata, #3)
  • Pure (Covenant, #2)
  • Shift (Shade, #2)
  • Red Glove (Curse Workers, #2)
  • Illusions (Wings, #3)

The Iron Fey (7 books)
  • The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1)
  • The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2)
  • The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4)
  • The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #1)
  • The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #2)
  • The Iron Warrior (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #3)

“My name is Ashallyn'darkmyr Tallyn, third son of the Unseelie Court...Let it be known--from this day forth, I vow to protect Meghan Chase, daughter of the Summer King, with my sword, my honor, and my life. Her desires are mine. Her wishes are mine. Should even the world stand against her, my blade will be at her side. And should it fail to protect her, let my own existence be forfeit. This I swear, on my honor, my True Name, and my life. From this day on..." His voice went even softer, but I still heard it as though he whispered it into my ear. "I am yours.” 1627 likes
“You are my heart, my life, my entire existence."
-Ash”