Start by marking “Gone Stumping” as Want to Read:
Gone Stumping

Gone Stumping

2.86 of 5 stars 2.86  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Self-absorbed Aidan Montgomery knows what he wants: a life of luxury and material wealth. To get it he's stumping on the campaign trail for Senator Philip Brenton and carrying on a rather perfunctory affair with him to boot. The senator is his ticket to better living, and Aidan is content not to look too closely at Brenton's back room business dealings.

When discrepancies o
ebook
Published August 25th 2010 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Gone Stumping, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gone Stumping

Kassa
Gone Stumping is a different kind of read. On the positive side it’s a decent story about two men that are frustrated with parts of their lives and through meeting each other, break out of the mold they’ve cast for themselves. Watching two men realize they can break away from stereotypes is a nice story. The political vehicle to this is rather predictable and takes some obvious leaps but what really hindered my enjoyment was the writing itself.

The story follows Aiden Montgomery, a political cam
Michael
This is a book with an enormous amount of potential but it just kept falling short. There were so many things that could have been more interesting if they had just been given more time.

Where to start?

The main character, Adian. Adian is the campaign manager for a senator seeking re-election in PA. He is also sleeping with the Senator on the down low. We learn that Aidan has an appreciation for the finer things in life. While alone he walks around the Senator's home and notice the luxury and qua
Janna
This short novella is about two guys that are unlikely to hook up but when they do, their (perspective on) life alters. With a premise like that and given the short amount of time they have for the mutual life-changing influence, a great deal of suspending of disbelieve is involved. Luckily the backblurb prepared me a bit so I could anticipate the change, at least that of self-absorbed and shallow Aidan.

As much as I like the idea of this concept it fell a bit flat for me in this book. The autho
Jenre
Before I begin, I just want to mention that although the blurb of the book, which I’ve taken from the publisher’s site, spells the hero’s name as Aidan, my copy of the story has his name spelled as Aiden all the way through, so I’m sticking to what is probably the author’s original spelling, rather than what’s in the blurb.

Aiden is one of life’s movers and shakers. He’s just got a job as campaign manager to a senator, through his good looks and a willingness to be bedded by the senator, and acce
Braden Williams
The reason I assigned a five star review to 'Gone Stumping' is because... I wrote it! LOL. It is not an homage to the writing skills and expertise that I may or may not posses. It is, however a reflection of the fact that this is the ideal type of story that I enjoy reading. I identify with Aiden Montgomery, and I aspire to be more like Rafe McCafferty. To anyone who enjoys a story of life-changing perspective that another person can bring into ones life... Consider reading Gone Stumping.
Jess Candela
Needs better editing. I had to read the first couple of pages a few times to make sure I understood who was doing/wanted/thought what. Kept reading, but the language continued to seem florid and confusing, and I just couldn't get into it enough to care about anyone or want to read more. So I didn't.
Alina
I'm a die hard fan of blue collar/white collar stories, so I enjoyed this one, although it was quite cliched and the language was maybe a little stilted. But overall it was a good read and I liked the message.
Kei
A very good read for a first piece. Keep up the good work!
Lexi
Lexi marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
R~wka
R~wka marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2013
FlibBityFLooB
FlibBityFLooB marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2013
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2013
Lina
Lina marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2013
Nik
Nik added it
Apr 24, 2012
Neko
Neko marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2011
Jennifer Wardrip
Jennifer Wardrip marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2011