Start by marking “Deeply, Desperately (Lucy Valentine, #2)” as Want to Read:
Deeply, Desperately (Lucy Valentine, #2)

Deeply, Desperately (Lucy Valentine #2)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  2,811 ratings  ·  324 reviews
The irrepressible star of Truly, Madly, is back in business. This time, Lucy Valentine will go to the ends of the earth to find true love for her clients…and maybe even herself.

Lucy wants to breathe new life into her family's Boston-based matchmaking company. But how? Even though she comes from a long line of ancestors blessed by Cupid with psychic abilities, a freak accid
Published August 3rd 2010 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published July 26th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Deeply, Desperately, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deeply, Desperately

Arlene
Objects set in motion tend to stay in motion.

Deeply, Desperately is a perfect installment to the Lucy Valentine series. Heather Webber does a great job of delivering a light romance filled with mystery, comedy and suspense that does nothing short of taking the reader on a fun adventure.

I’m a huge fan of the narrator Lucy Valentine, as she’s in constant motion trying to build her business using her ability to find lost objects through telepathic means. She finds herself solving possible murder an
~Tina~
Lucy's been busy at her fathers company, Valentine Inc as a Lost Love Locater as well as helping the police with random missing person cases. Blessed (or cursed) with Cupids gift, the Valentines have a special knack at matchmaking since they have a the ability to see auroras and thus finding the prefect match for hopeful couples, only Lucy got her powers zapped out when she was a teen, and now is reduced to only being able to find lost objects. However, leave it to Lucy to put her talents to goo ...more
Elaine
I love this entire series. I've read the first four books, and I think this second book was my favorite so far. It's definitely light mystery romance reading, with a strong vein of paranormal fantasy included.

Each entry in this series has a different mystery that revolves around the main character Lucy's psychic ability to use lost objects to locate missing people in some way. No matter how improbable the events, the story seems plausible as you're reading it, and the characters and their fortun
kari
The first book of this series was good, introduced the basic premise and all ther characters, but this one ramps everything up and in a word, it's perfect.
There isn't anything about this book that I'd change. There are several plotlines gracefully interwoven throughout the book. It can be very tricky keeping everything moving forward and not leaving anything behind. Webber knows her stuff and has a very deft hand in combining all the stories.
Lucy Valentine is a wonderful charcter. She has a kind
Jen
Originally Published on my Review Blog

In "Deeply, Desperately", the second novel in the Lucy Valentine Series by Heather Webber, Lucy Valentine, heir to a match-making enterprise and descendant of Cupid, gets involved in a murder case. While dealing with that she also wants to try to get her relationship with her lover and private detective Sean Donahue to the next level. It sounds way easier than it is, because all descendants of Cupid are cursed to never be able to fall in love and have a suc
Darcy
This book was more of the first. I like that Lucy is using her gift in a good way. The 2 cases couldn't have been more different, but I thought both ended in a good way. I especially loved the choice that Lucy made with the younger family, it needed to happen.

I also really like that Lucy is starting to view her trust fund in a different way and using it in creative ways that still holds true to why she ignored it in the first place.

Lucy's personal life becomes quite messy in this one, but ends w
I absolutely adore this series! I fell in love with Lucy Valentine and her eclectic family and friends in the first book of the series, Truly, Madly, and everyone is back for a fun romp in Deeply, Desperately. These books have just the right mixture of mystery, suspense, psychic ability, and love. This has quickly become my new favorite series and I am now eagerly anticipating MANY more books in the series. (Note: If the author happens to be reading this, please tell me there WILL be MANY more b ...more
Joanna
have i mentioned that Sean Donahue is the guy that i've been wanting for MY life? lol

i find the story light and easy to read. i'm not saying i'm complaining. i actually love it. so much!

this book cracks me up. and makes me all gooey inside. (because of Lucy's and Sean's growing relationship.)
I really like Lucy Valentine's character. she has a lot of goodness inside her and it makes her character really likable.
Sean Donahue on the other hand is such a sweetheart! i love him!
these two are really
Laurie Garrison
The second installment of Deeply, Desperately is just as enjoyable as the first, then again I am a sucker for a fun and romantic stories. This time around Lucy is up to her eye balls again, in cases, keeping her love life going, helping friends, then to top it off a surprise is added to the Valentine family. There is no way I could pull of what Lucy does in a few weeks LOL. You get a little more romance between Lucy and Sean in this installment. I found this a brilliant story and fun to read.

I
Sometimes, you need goofy, sappy, love stories, and if that's what your looking for this series, is right up your ally.

Deeply, Desperately was a quick, fun, ride though a tremendous story full of, surprises, love, richness, and joy - paralleled by some intense moments, after all one of Lucy's gifts allows her to "find lost things" and sometimes those things that are lost, become desperate to be found in a scary, looming and dark way.

Deeply, Desperately was a wonderful addition to the Lucy Vale
Mycoton32
17/20
En bref, un second tome génial, le monde de Lucy est un mélange savamment dosé que l'on prend plaisir à découvrir avec elle. Les personnages sont très attachants, les rebondissements nombreux et surtout on sent et ressent les choses avec eux. Une aventure qui se dévore !

Ana
I enjoyed the romance, and the theme that sometimes love is enough to get you through so many things. The mystery in it also made it a real page turner for me, simply could not put the book down
Jackie Lane
I really enjoyed the second book in this series. The series kind of reminds me of Evanovich's series, but a tad different.

This book was a light read with a twinge of danger and mystery. I love that Lucy struck out on her own and is so determined to make it on her own.

The relationship between Preston and Lucy seems to be getting better and Lucy's relationship with Sean is moving along. I love how Lucy helps bring people together. Leo's story was so heartwarming and Sarah's story was very sad.

I am
Bandmama (aka Lucy) - Claiming Mitch as mine
This series has been great, especially this second book. The mystery, the paranormal, and the smoking hot love affair thrown into the middle of one wild and crazy family makes me love these books. So much. I think I inhaled this book in one day and immediately purchased the third. I also have to add that I was pleasantly surprised to find that most of the twists and turns I expected to happen never happened but there was a lot of, "I didn't see that coming", and one, "Oh Thank you Jesus - finall ...more
Carina Carnagey
I could not put the book down this weekend! I read the whole book in one weekend which I don't do very often. The book was a great, fun adventure that I just could not stop reading! Everything was resolved in the end, but I can't wait to read the next one in the series. I already have it on my wish list :)

The novel pulls you in right way with Lucy's new adventure with Lost Love. Lucy cannot see peoples auras like the rest of her family. So she uses her physic ability, to find lost objects, to ge
Sine
Fazit:

Ein wirklich wunderschönes Buch für zwischendurch zum Abtauschen, mit einer wundervollen Hauptperson, die mich total verzaubert hat.

Bewertung:

Was ich erwarte:
Ich erwarte eine gewisse Spannung und eine süße kleine Liebesgeschichte

Was sich erfüllt hat:
Alles erfüllt ;)

Die Valentines besitzen alle eine Gabe, nämlich die Auren andere Leute zu sehen und somit wissen Sie, wer zusammenpasst. Nur Lucy hat diese Gabe verloren und findet verlorene Gegenstände. Da kann ich gut nachvollziehen, warum s
Kim
Worum geht’s?

Lucy Valentine gehört zu einer Familie, die Auren sehen kann und darauf eine Partnervermittlungsagentur gegründet hat, weil sie sehen können, wer zueinander passt. Durch einen dummen Zufall hat Lucy jedoch nur die Fähigkeit verlorene Dinge wiederzufinden, so dass sie einen neuen Zweig in der Agentur gegründet hat, bei dem sie sich darauf spezialisiert hat, verlorene Lieben wiederzufinden. Dann wird sie jedoch in einen Mordfall verwickelt, der gar nicht so leicht aufzuklären ist. Da
Elusive
The best thing about ‘Deeply, Desperately’ is the cover. The content is downright disappointing, boring and repetitive. This time, the case Lucy takes on seems to involve abuse and possibly even murder. Meanwhile, she finds the ‘curse’ getting in the way of her relationship with Sean.

The case in which the husband of the missing woman is suspected to be the perpetrator was terribly boring. Lucy didn’t seem to do much actual investigating and the details provided just weren’t interesting enough to
Callixta

Voilà le retour de Lucy Valentine, une charmante médium qui va vous entrainer dans ses aventures plutôt rigolotes et douces. C’est une romance fraiche et légère, pimentée d’un peu de surnaturel et de policier, un subtil mélange, tendre comme tout, qui tranche dans la production du moment ; pas de prises de tête à n’en plus finir ni de héros tourmentés mais de jolies histoires qui se mêlent les unes aux autres.

Ce roman poursuit l’histoire de Lucy Valentine
Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews)
Reviewed by Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

Deeply, Desperately begins with Lucy having to help the police with a missing woman case. Not only that, but it seems her current love's ex is trying to come back in the picture, and things are unclear on where Sean and Lucy now stand. With Lucy's heart on the line she's unsure what move she should make next, especially when she has cases to help solve, and love matches to find.

This one was very interesting, and fun. But not as good as the first one. I
Melissa the Shelf Stalker
Lucy has started her new business of finding lost loves in this second book of the series along with her love interest Sean. Complicating matters is Sean's ex, Cara, who is back and spending a little too much time with Sean. There is a good balance of mystery, family drama, and romance in this series. I liked the addition of Preston and I think I may like Cutter, though you don't really get to know him too well or what his existence will mean for the Valentine clan. There is steady progression i ...more
Valérie
Heather Webber est une auteure à suivre, ce second tome est aussi réussi que le précédent, avec les mêmes ingrédients, une héroïne adorable et pétillante, une relation sentimentale toute douce et tendre, des personnages secondaires qui prennent part à cette douce folie et qui apportent une plus-value certaine. Une lecture rafraichissante, avec un mélange de romance, suspense, chick-lit et de fantastique parfaitement mixé qui donne pour résultat un cocktail de bonne humeur et un récit plaisir san ...more
~Megan~
This series is just so cute and fun! There were about 3 or 4 mysteries going all at the same time, so it was never boring. The romance between Sean and Lucy is so sweet. I think really the best thing I can say about the series is that I just read it with a smile on my face.
Jeanie Jackson
Loved Deeply, Desperately too! Heather Webber is a winner with every book she writes. Her greatest strength is her ability to create people that I can attach to and to keep those characters interesting and developing. The stories are intriguing and I can't wait to see how each one plays out.

In this book, Sean's ex shows up need asking for his help,and being the good guy he is, Sean can say know. Lucy isn't thrilled and doesn't trust the woman but she can't ask Sean to be other than who he is.
On
Elizabeth
Loved, loved, loved this book. It was great from start to finish. This is a wonderful series with just enough mystery to keep you on your toes and a little splash of romance thrown in for some smiles and tears.
Joanne
I love Heather Webber's Lucy Valentine series! This is the second book and I thought it was even better than the first. It has everything, humour, mystery and romance. Looking forward to the next one.
Candace Davidson
What a great book!!! This is the second in the series. If you like romance, you'll love this. This has just enough mystery and romance. It made me wanting to find out how it would end.
Tina Axell
I LOVE this series! It's the perfect blend of magic, mystery and romance. I have the next book on hold at the library and can't wait to read it. Thank you, Heather Webber!
Melodie
Liked TRULY, MADLY so much I went ahead and picked this one up right after. Liked it every bit as much as the first one and am looking forward to ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY!
Linh
Finished this book in one day...easy but good read!
  • The Good the Bad and the Witchy (A Wishcraft Mystery, #3)
  • Devil May Ride (A Ghost Dusters Mystery, #2)
  • Death by Diamonds (A Vintage Magic Mystery #3)
  • A Glimpse of Evil (Psychic Eye Mystery, #8)
  • A Fitting End (A Magical Dressmaking Mystery #2)
  • Brownies and Broomsticks (A Magical Bakery Mystery, #1)
  • How to Survive a Killer Séance (Party Planning, #3)
  • Pretty in Ink (Tattoo Shop Mystery, #2)
  • Motherhood is Murder (A Maternal Instincts Mystery, #2)
  • Murder On The House (A Haunted Home Renovation Mystery, #3)
Heather Webber (aka Heather Blake) is the author of more than twenty mystery novels and has been twice nominated for an Agatha Award. She's a total homebody who loves to be close to her family, read, watch reality TV (especially cooking competition shows), drink too much coffee, crochet, and bake (mostly cookies). Heather grew up in a suburb of Boston, but currently she lives in the Cincinnati are ...more
More about Heather Webber...

Lucy Valentine (5 books)
  • Truly, Madly (Lucy Valentine #1)
  • Absolutely, Positively (Lucy Valentine, #3)
  • Perfectly Matched (Lucy Valentine, #4)
  • Undeniably Yours  (Lucy Valentine, #5)
Truly, Madly (Lucy Valentine #1) Absolutely, Positively (Lucy Valentine, #3) Perfectly Matched (Lucy Valentine, #4) A Hoe Lot of Trouble (A Nina Quinn Mystery, #1) Undeniably Yours  (Lucy Valentine, #5)