Start by marking “Exclusive” as Want to Read:
Exclusive

Exclusive (The Godmothers #2)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  722 ratings  ·  55 reviews
These Are Not Your Fairy Godmothers

When Toots Loudenberry relocated to Los Angeles from South Carolina to be near her daughter, Abby, she expected to bump into the occasional celebrity. She just never expected them to be dead. Meanwhile, Toots, Sophie, and Mavis are concerned that the prestigious Dr. Sameer's budding romance with Ida may have something to do with his ailin
Published September 1st 2010 by Kensington (first published April 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Exclusive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exclusive

Chris
Carol
This is the second of the Fern Michael's Godmothers series I've read. It's about a group of four women that have been friends for over 50 years and they have recently bought a home together and it appears to be haunted. All of these women are filthy rich, and one has a talent for doing seances. So she does several of them to find who lives there and to release them so they can go to where they need go. Bing Crosby, Marilyn Monroe were some. It's kind of fun seeing how these rich old gals get alo ...more
Tommy
Um silly but good for days when you are sick or silly

I like the characters but don't know why. But I dislike the idea is supernatural even for a tabloid story. It is phony here and yet in other books it can be well done.
Toni Wulfekuhl
Ida gets romantically involved with the Dr, who cured her OCD (Is that even curable?) who tries to scam her for millions. Thinking a guy who could cure OCD in a year wouldn't need to scam old ladies out of their money.

Sophie conducts seances in Tootsie's new LA Home and conjures up the ghosts of Bing Crosby, Aaron Spelling and Marilyn Monroe giving the paper the "Exclusive" that will help raise their circulation.

I love Fern Michaels but this is not one of my favorite series. Concept was good wit
Jennifer Chronister
Whenever I need a good "pick me up", I can always count on Fern Michaels. Exclusive is the second book in Fern Michaels Godmothers series.

Toots, Mavis, Ida and Sophie have been best friends for fifty years. They all decide to move to Malibu to help out Toot's daughter Abby. There's not much I can say about this book without giving too much away. So let's just say..... Full of wit, sarcasm, love, friendship and laugh out loud moments. Not to mention sleazeballs imposing as doctors and the ghosts
Kristen
If you love a good mystery with a hint of humor, you'll enjoy Exclusive, the second book in the Godmothers series. In this one, Teresa Amelia Loudonberry believes her house in haunted by ghosts, and tells her friends, Ida, Sophie and Mavis. A bit skeptic, they did a seance and saw two spirits. Meanwhile, Ida's involved with her therapist in a heated romance, when he's up to no good with a scam, and Abby's job is on the line, when she promised a scoop, which fell through, and have romance issues ...more
Darlene Ferland
Continuing saga. . . Fern Michaels is always at her best and the Godmothers keep the reader wanting more. The more I want is one of those awesome Godmothers.
Tara
Perhaps if I had read book 1 it would've made more sense.
Amy
Love these sassy, call it as they see it women! Looking forward to reading more in this series!
Debby
I actually liked this book better than the first but still doesn't flow like the sisterhood.
Nancy Brady
Perhaps had I read the first in the series, it would be a better read. It is the Golden Girls high on cigarettes, alcohol, sex, and ghosts. Per usual, lavish amounts of money (and name brands) being thrown around as well as the lifestyles of the rich-and-not-famous now living in what were the homes of the rich-and-famous (and being haunted to boot). Add in a bit of romance, sleazy tabloids owned by mysterious owners, and that is about it. Not one of Fern Michaels' best efforts.
Patricia Solla
Definitely was disappointed with this book. This is the second book in a new series for the author. There was too much going on and it was so confusing. Should have stuck with one character's action with everyone else continuing in the background. Also at one point there was something supposed to be happening that never took off and the resolution was a complete waste. The best part of the book was the ghosts and even that left me wanting something more.
Roma Del
Better than The Scoop. Interesting scenarios develop.
Melissa Armato
I borrowed the audio book version to listen to , to and from work. This book was cute, kept my interest. I won't say it was fabulous, but it was a good read. It was a mix between a romance, chick lit,suspense, and a little ghost story added in. This is my first from the author, so I will see what else she has to offer. It is an easy read but I can't say that I could relate to the characters or really the plot.
I started reading this book and thought it was strange, but kept hoping it would get better. It didn't. The story lines were farfetched and were resolved poorly. From rouge doctors who cure OCD to ghosts of Marilyn Monroe to fake publicists for Brangelina to falling for your ex-stepbrother, none of the plot lines reached much of a climax. A disappointing read.
Heather
This book was very hard for me to get through. It didn't get interesting until the last couple chapters. It took me almost 2 weeks to read it because it just seemed to drag throughout most of the book. It seems as though there's going to be a third book in the series so hopefully that one is a lot more interesting.
Kathy
This was an amusing book. It wasn't a deep thought inducing read. It was light and fun. I enjoyed it, but it's not destined to be one that I will return to again and again. I didn't read the first book in the series, but I may look in to some of the others if I just want a fun read.
Linda
Not one of my favorites. If I could have made it 2.5 stars, I would have.
First 3 quarters dragged on, but the last 1/4 of the book kept me going.
I was not a fan of the seance theme. Think I just might not have been in the mood for The Godmothers' misadventures.
Michelle
usuallly love all her stuff but this one was trite and simply put out to tag onto the name and make some money. not even mildlyh entertaining. will keep her on my list but if they stay like this one will not be picking her up for long sad she was one of my faves.
Jessica Kelishes
This was a good one. Somewhat like the first one.. there were a few mistakes with getting the characters confused but overall I enjoyed the fun characters and the story line. Not really as into it as I was the first one.. but it was good..
Vivian
Why do I keep torturing myself by reading authors I know will disappoint me? Perhaps because I can't accept the disappointment and am hopeful that the next book will be better. This wasn't it, at least not for me.
Lucy Bilik
I have read the 1st book in series a long time ago and really enjoyed it. I actually got my m-i-l to read it and got her hooked on reading fiction. This one is a funny, light hearted story line, with a bit of suspense.
Donna
Enjoyed reading this library download on my nook. Exclusive is the second book in the The Godmother Series.

1. The Scoop (2009)
2. Exclusive (2010)
3. Late Edition (2011)
4. Deadline (2012)
Laura Beasley
Ok book. Not one of her best. The series is cute-- reminds me of the TV series The Golden Girls. The 4 women are like the Golden Girls.
Plot was a little lacking. Was a quick read.
Krista
LOVE Fern Michaels, LOVED Scoop, the first book, this book did NOT thrill me. Had to force myself to finish it :( end was good tho. Never have I not liked a FM book before :(
Sheila
Cute story. She left too many missing holes in the book that could have made it more thrilling. The plot was good but the story wasn't carried through.
Rachel
It was just ok. Too many Characters and hard to get into. Towards the end is when I was intrigued. Overall - just ok. Normally I LOVE Fern Michaels.
Carolyn
This was ok - not one of my favorites even though I love the characters. It seems as though she is filling in background for a future book.
  • A Gift of Joy (Delanza #2.5)
  • Crime Fraiche (Capucine Culinary Mystery, #2)
  • By Starlight
  • Family Passions
  • Lover's Leap (Eternity Springs, #4)
  • Informed Risk
  • Another Dawn
  • The Black Madonna
  • Small Town Christmas: Return To Promise\Mail-Order Bride
  • The Serpents Trail (Maxie and Stretch, #1)
  • Moonlight Kiss (Cricket Creek, #5)
  • The Summer of France
  • One True Theory of Love
  • The Cat, The Professor and the Poison (A Cats in Trouble Mystery, #2)
  • Saving Paradise
  • Don't Make Me Choose Between You and My Shoes (Domestic Equalizers Book 4)
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I w ...more
More about Fern Michaels...

The Godmothers (6 books)
  • The Scoop (The Godmothers, #1)
  • Late Edition (The Godmothers, #3)
  • Deadline (The Godmothers, #4)
  • Breaking News (The Godmothers #5)
  • Classified (The Godmothers #6)
Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1) Payback (Sisterhood, #2) Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3) The Jury (Sisterhood, #4) Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)