Start by marking “The Crocodile Hunter: The Incredible Life and Adventures of Steve and Terri Irwin” as Want to Read:

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  169 ratings  ·  9 reviews
After thrilling millions of viewers with their incredibly popular show, Steve and Terri Irwin now regale readers with tales of the deadliest animals they have encountered in their extensive travels throughout the world. Full-color photos throughout.
Published November 1st 2001 by Dutton Adult (first published October 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Crocodile Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Crocodile Hunter

Carlos Medina
this book was really cool because it said alot about his early years i never knew that he caught his first croc when he was 9 years old it was a fresh water croc he fallowed his dads foots steps he wanted to be just like his dad his parents rescued alot of abandon,hurt,and orphan animals they had there own reptile zoo Steve would never quit when he did anything he is a person to look up on because he did what he loved and never quit
i recommend this book to any one this book is like a drug bec
Sheila
Rest in peace Steve Irwin..you will be missed.
Tiffany
A book about my hero.
Jenn
Aug 16, 2010 Jenn rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Jenn by: My Grandmother
Shelves: biographies
I enjoyed this book, though parts of it seemed slightly exaggerated (ie: as a boy Steve recalls "often catching and releasing a hundred lizards in an hour".)
I did like the passion that both Steve and Terri have for animals and the well being of the earth's ecosystems. I miss Steve all over again because he took such an active roll to help animals. Helping animals really was an immense part of his life - and what he did for animals would ultimately help human beings, too.
An easy read and a great
Tina
Absolutely amazing book and so sorry that he is no longer with us.
Carolyn
Great to read Steves memories, passionate and intelligent.
The Batderp
This book was fricken amazing
Kaci
Wonderful story.
Sancha
Sancha marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Clynn
Clynn marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Christopher Maxwell
Christopher Maxwell marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Juliana
Juliana marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
James
James marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Michaela Dunaway
Michaela Dunaway marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Lucy Crook
Lucy Crook marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Ryah
Ryah added it
Dec 02, 2014
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Steve & Me
  • 100 Heartbeats: A Journey to Meet Our Planet's Endangered Animals and the Heroes Working to Save Them
  • earthgirl
  • Tales of an African Vet
  • Vet in Harness
  • The Secret Language of Animals: A Guide to Remarkable Behavior
  • Zoo Vet: Adventures Of A Wild Animal Doctor
  • Kicked, Bitten, and Scratched: Life and Lessons at the World's Premier School for Exotic Animal Trainers
  • Nobody Likes You: Inside the Turbulent Life, Times, and Music of Green Day
  • After All
  • Dark Banquet: Blood and the Curious Lives of Blood-Feeding Creatures
  • Rainforest
  • Wolf: The Lives of Jack London
Australian tv-personality nicknamed "Crocodile hunter" for his crocodile handling.

Irwin died in 2006 when a stingray's tail perforated his heart while filming in Australia's Great Barrier Reef.

The environmentalist organization "Sea Shepperd" named a ship after him.
More about Steve Irwin...
A Crocs Life (The Crocodile Hunter) The Crocodile Hunter: The World's Most Dangerous Snakes Wild activity book Left to Tell: Discovering God Amidst the Rwandan Holocaust The Ashes of Eden (Star Trek: Odyssey, #1)

“If we save our wild places, we will ultimately save ourselves.” 4 likes
“It never ceases to amaze me how cruel some people are. Do you think people would be so merciless and torturous if fish and sharks cried like babies when they felt pain?” 3 likes