Start by marking “The Crocodile Hunter: The Incredible Life and Adventures of Steve and Terri Irwin” as Want to Read:

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  199 ratings  ·  11 reviews
After thrilling millions of viewers with their incredibly popular show, Steve and Terri Irwin now regale readers with tales of the deadliest animals they have encountered in their extensive travels throughout the world. Full-color photos throughout.
Published November 1st 2001 by Dutton Adult (first published October 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Crocodile Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Crocodile Hunter

This was a fantastic read. It was wonderful, to hear Steve's voice again in my mind while reading this. The stories that was in the book were not new to me. I had read or seen, the animal documentaries that was talked about in this book. It was just nice, to spend a few days reading about Steve again. The pictures through out the book were great as well. You can see, why Steve loved the wildlife he saved during his life.
Carlos Medina
this book was really cool because it said alot about his early years i never knew that he caught his first croc when he was 9 years old it was a fresh water croc he fallowed his dads foots steps he wanted to be just like his dad his parents rescued alot of abandon,hurt,and orphan animals they had there own reptile zoo Steve would never quit when he did anything he is a person to look up on because he did what he loved and never quit
i recommend this book to any one this book is like a drug bec
Jaden White
The Crocodile Hunter by Steve and Terri Irwin is a great book. It's a great autobiography written by Steve and Terri. I like this book because I love reptiles and I've always liked him and what he does since I was 4. Steve Irwin got his name Crocodile Hunter because he loves crocodiles/animals. This book is about Steve and Terri's wild adventures.

Steve Irwin was born on February 22, 1962. He grew up with reptiles. Where ever he went he was always trying to catch something a lizard or a snake. He
Rest in peace Steve will be missed.
A book about my hero.
Aug 16, 2010 Jenn rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Jenn by: My Grandmother
Shelves: biographies
I enjoyed this book, though parts of it seemed slightly exaggerated (ie: as a boy Steve recalls "often catching and releasing a hundred lizards in an hour".)
I did like the passion that both Steve and Terri have for animals and the well being of the earth's ecosystems. I miss Steve all over again because he took such an active roll to help animals. Helping animals really was an immense part of his life - and what he did for animals would ultimately help human beings, too.
An easy read and a great
Absolutely amazing book and so sorry that he is no longer with us.
Great to read Steves memories, passionate and intelligent.
The Batderp
This book was fricken amazing
Wonderful story.
Tanya is currently reading it
Nov 29, 2015
Ashley marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
Amanda marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2015
Bethany Michaels
Bethany Michaels marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2015
Sharlette Kneer
Sharlette Kneer marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2015
Kelly marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2015
Jenny Carr
Jenny Carr marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2015
Neal fleming
Neal fleming marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2015
Susan Johnston
Susan Johnston marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2015
Beth marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2015
Christa Cashon
Christa Cashon marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2015
Rylan Perrott
Rylan Perrott marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2015
Pradip Chogale
Pradip Chogale marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2015
  • Steve & Me
  • 100 Heartbeats: A Journey to Meet Our Planet's Endangered Animals and the Heroes Working to Save Them
  • Zoo Vet: Adventures Of A Wild Animal Doctor
  • earthgirl
  • Lads Before the Wind: Diary of a Dolphin Trainer
  • Killing for Profit
  • Secret Language of Animals: A Guide to Remarkable Behavior
  • Beauty Tips from Moose Jaw: Travels in Search of Canada
  • Kicked, Bitten, and Scratched: Life and Lessons at the World's Premier School for Exotic Animal Trainers
  • Tales of an African Vet
  • Nobody Likes You: Inside the Turbulent Life, Times, and Music of Green Day
  • The Oxford Illustrated History of the Vikings
  • Into Great Silence: A Memoir of Discovery and Loss among Vanishing Orcas
  • Rainforest
Australian tv-personality nicknamed "Crocodile hunter" for his crocodile handling.

Irwin died in 2006 when a stingray's tail perforated his heart while filming in Australia's Great Barrier Reef.

The environmentalist organization "Sea Shepperd" named a ship after him.
More about Steve Irwin...

“If we save our wild places, we will ultimately save ourselves.” 7 likes
“We don’t own the planet Earth, we belong to it. And we must share it with our wildlife.” 6 likes