Start by marking “You're All My Favorites” as Want to Read:
You're All My Favorites

You're All My Favorites

4.2  ·  Rating Details ·  1,151 Ratings  ·  105 Reviews
Mommy and Daddy Bear convince three worried cubs that there's plenty of love to go around in this comforting new tale from the incomparable team of Sam McBratney and Anita Jeram.

So that night the three baby bears asked their Daddy Bear,
"Which one of us do you like the most?
Who is your favorite?
We can't all be the best."

Every night, while tucking in their three cubs, Mommy
Published September 23rd 2004 by Candlewick Press (first published January 1st 2004)

Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratneyYou're All My Favorites by Sam McBratneyI'll Always Be Your Friend by Sam McBratneyJimmy Zest by Sam McBratneyJimmy Zest Is Best by Sam McBratney
Best of Sam McBratney
2nd out of 100 books — 2 voters
Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratneyOwl Moon by Jane YolenInterrupting Chicken by David Ezra SteinWe're Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael RosenMitchell's License by Hallie Durand
Picture Books About Fathers
9th out of 111 books — 16 voters

More lists with this book...

Thehappymeerkat
Sep 13, 2016 Thehappymeerkat rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
I received this book (a board book 2016 edition) for free from the publisher Walker Books in return for a review.

Every night three baby bears are told they are wonderful. But one night all three begin to wonder, which one of them is Mummy Bear and Daddy Bear’s favourite?

This is a lovely board book around A5ish in size. Being a board book the pages are made of thick cardboard and are beautifully rounded so without sharp edges. Each of the pages has a slightly glossy finish and beautiful illustrat
Emily Woodard
Aug 07, 2015 Emily Woodard rated it it was amazing
I give You're All My Favorites 100 stars.

I like the three bears in the book. It's like Goldilocks and the Three Bears, only different.

There is nothing that I didn't like about You're All My Favorites. I liked everything.
liz
Sep 30, 2010 liz rated it it was amazing
I love this book. My mother gave each of her children a copy of this book for Christmas several years ago, and I don't think any of us can read it without crying a little.
It's a nice reminder that parents love all of their children, each in a different way. I may be mom's favorite for one reason while my brother's and sister's are mom's favorites for other reasons, but we are all loved and we are all special.
I am so glad I got this book. I look forward to one day haveing children of my own tha
Amanthi
When I had my firstborn reading him 'Guess how much I love you?' by Sam McBratney and Anita Jeram was a cherished ritual. Imagine my delight in finding another gem of a collaboration by the two in 'You're all my favourites'. It seems like destiny to find this book just 2 months after having my second child. I know this is the perfect book to teach children that they are loved equally by parents. Just reading it to myself made me teary. I know I'm going to hug my two kids to bits when reading ...more
Mfoot
Sep 06, 2015 Mfoot added it
Shelves: children-lit
Lu en français
Vous êtes tous mes préférés
Mrs Wilson
Nov 12, 2016 Mrs Wilson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
Charming, Sweet and Heartwarming:-

Thank you to the publisher Walker Books for my ARC (Advance Review Copy) which was sent to me at no cost and with no obligation to review.

This is a beautifully designed board book from the same creators of the "Guess How Much I Love You" book which is a firm favourite in my home and has now been joined by this lovely book.

The book is about a family of bears; Mother Bear, Father Bear, First Baby Bear, Second Baby Bear and Third Baby Bear and how each night before
Gabriellaconceicao
Awards: None

Appropriate Grade Level: K-2

Summary: This is a story about two children. They work hard to try to figure out who the favorite child is. They soon learn that their parents do not have a favorite.

Review: This is a great book to teach a life lesson. Many children think that parents have a favorite child and it is important to teach them that their parents love them equally. It boosts their self-confidence and shows them how much their parents love them.

In-class uses: 1)to teach a lesson
AMY PRIDGEN
Oct 14, 2016 AMY PRIDGEN rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Grades K-2
Picture Book; Already in my school collection! Love it! Sweet story of mom and dad bear with three little bears. Their baby bears want to know if they are the BEST bears in the whole world and who is their parents' favorite. Soft, lovely illustrations. Grade K-2; Highly recommended.
Dana
Oct 06, 2016 Dana rated it it was amazing
This was my 3rd and youngest child's favorite book when she was small. A bear family has three children and they worry if their parents might like one more than the others because one has a patch and one is a girl and the others are boys. Their parents explain that all three little bears are their favorites and they all feel loved and special.
Encruzilhadas Literárias
May 06, 2013 Encruzilhadas Literárias rated it really liked it
Shelves: catarina
Desde pequena que leio, creio que a culpa disto deve ser embutida à minha mãe que sempre fez questão que eu tivesse bons livros para ler. Quer fosse A inveja da Xuxu ou um livro da Anita a minha mãe soube fazer a minha biblioteca de maneira a cativar-me e a "obrigar-me" a voltar para ler mais e mais.
A minha paixão por livros cresceu e quem nos segue sabe que gosto de comentar livros infantis que acho que poderão ser importantes para o desenvolvimento das crianças que os lêem (ou a quem os livro
Whispering Stories
This beautiful board book brought to you by Walker Books, is written by world renowned author, Sam McBratney, author of ‘Guess How Much I Love You’.

The book tells the story of three young bear cubs who all begin to wonder if their siblings are liked better than themselves by their parents.

The first baby bear wonders if his mummy preferred patches, as he didn’t have any and his siblings did.

The second baby bear began to wonder if her daddy preferred boys, as she was not one.

The third baby bear wo
Rebecca
Nov 09, 2016 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews, arc-s
You're All My Favourites is a sturdy hard-back book perfect for withstanding tiny, grubby fingers. A big plus! It's predominantly made of the most beautifully illustrated bears, instantly a winner for me - who doesn't love a cute bear? And just a tiny bit of a text on each double page.

This story is about three baby bears who want to know why mummy and daddy bear think they're so amazing, and they begin to worry that their siblings might really be the favourite because they're bigger or have pre
Brianna Jones
Mar 12, 2009 Brianna Jones rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bridget, catalogue
Genre: Fictional Picture book

Reading Level: Early: ages 5-8

Topics and Themes: This book explores a bear family that consists of a Mama bear, Papa bear, and three baby bears. It focuses on a parents love for all of thier children. The babies worry that the other bears may be the favorite but the parents assure them that each one of them is loved equally.

Curricular Use: Read Aloud

Social: This book shows a nuclear family. It does not discuss any other type of family and so could exclude some child
Jessica
Oct 03, 2009 Jessica rated it really liked it
Illustrated by: Anita Jeram
McBratney, S. (2004). You’re all my favorites. Cambridge, MA: Candlewick Press.
Summary:
In this story, the three baby bears begin to question whom their parents love the most. Every night before bed, their parents would tell them that they are the most wonderful baby bears in the whole wide world. So one night they asked their parents how they knew they were the most wonderful baby bears. Then later each bear began to question if the other two bears where more loved th
Sera
Mar 30, 2016 Sera added it
Three bears question which parent bear loves which baby bear more. The parent bears explain why they love each bear equally. Each baby bear explains why the others are loved more. The parents explain that on the day that each was born, they were the most perfect first, second, or third bear that they ever saw. They love each the same because they are theirs. At the end, they are happy with the parent bears’ explanations.
Parents have unconditional love for their children, regardless of their str
Grace
Apr 15, 2013 Grace rated it really liked it
I would give this book 4 stars. This a fun story about three baby bears and their parents. The parents always say "You are the most wonderful baby bears in the whole wide world" as they tuck them in at night. But soon they wonder if they really are because of their differences. But the daddy bear has the perfect answer in the end. He tells each one that they are the most perfect first bear, second and third bear no matter their differences. I would use this in the classroom to demonstrate that ...more
Paul Candeias
Sep 18, 2012 Paul Candeias rated it it was amazing
This was a book that really can be used as a tool to teach children that everyone is different but our families love us the same no matter what. The soft color tones almost make more of a focus on the story. This book just really struck me because it is a book that very plainly teaches children that every member of the family is loved just as much as the other.

Activity: Put together a collage in class of different family members, friends, and pets. This way the chil can put on there the people t
Erika Castiglione
Oct 03, 2012 Erika Castiglione rated it it was amazing
I recently discovered that Sam McBratney and Anita Jeram, author and illustrator of Guess How Much I Love You (one of my favorites), have another sweet picture book, You're All My Favorites. It's written for a preschool age audience, but my older kids love it, too. Really, who doesn't want to hear the message that all of their parents' children are, indeed, "favorites". It's an especially good book for a child with a new sibling.
Julie H.
Sep 20, 2008 Julie H. rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-timeless
Maybe a little sappy, but a cool book to give as a gift when a new child is entering a family and everyone might benefit from knowing why they're the favorite. Comes with three small (finger-puppet size) figures to represent other children--or even other kids and dad! Was a big hit with the gift recipient at a recent shower, and I hope that Robert will enjoy sharing the story with his new sister, Vivian.
Shasta
Jan 01, 2016 Shasta rated it it was amazing
Looking for a book to use for Mother's Day with our Faith Friends here at church. Love this book!!! All of us, children and adults wonder and struggle with his we compare to others, especially our siblings. This book helps children understand that they are each perfect in mom and dad's eyes. In the same way it could be used to help children understand the same thing about God's love...each of us is loved the same way.
Alexis Weber
Feb 25, 2015 Alexis Weber rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the comforting words that this book offered to the reader. It is such a heartwarming story that reminds kids just how much their parents love them. This book would be best read aloud to younger kids, probably in a kindergarten or first grade classroom. This would be a fun and loving book to read to the students when learning about family members. It will teach the students that their parents are always there for them and love them even if they have other siblings.
The Brothers
This book is almost too sweet for its own good. It's about a mother and father bear reassuring each of their cubs in turn that they are indeed loved and favorited and that no bear is The Favorite. I guess it could be useful if there's some sibling rivalry going on for mom and dad's attention.

Sweet illustration.
Marie
Jan 24, 2013 Marie rated it it was amazing
I love this children's book. I have the board book and I keep it displayed on my children's bookshelf. I happen to have three children, boy, girl, boy and this book speaks to how the parents love the children all the same even though the oldest (a boy) doesn't look like the parents, the middle a girl (is a girl) and the youngest (a boy) is the smallest.
Rosa
This is a translation of an American picture book. Three little bears are all worried about who is the favorite. Their parents lovingly tell them that they are all the favorite and the bears stop worrying. It’s a cute story that would be good for little ones at a story time with either a family theme or a bear theme.
Jill
Feb 06, 2009 Jill rated it it was amazing
My kids randomly picked this up at the library. It's a very cute story about a father and mother bear who have three baby bears, and each one wonders if the other two are the parent's favorites. The father and mother bear take time to tell each one that they are special.

I love this author, he also wrote "Guess How Much I Love You", one of our favorites.
Pam
May 07, 2014 Pam rated it it was amazing
This is the perfect book for a mother of 3, like myself, to read to her children to explain how it is that she can love them all and think they are all perfect for her! I bought this book when my youngest was still in utero, and I left room for one more name on the "This Book Belongs To..." page. Now it's 6 years later, I guess it's time to fill it in. ;)
Elizabeth K.
Sep 11, 2016 Elizabeth K. rated it liked it
Recommended to Elizabeth by: NYPL
Shelves: 2011-lucy
We enjoyed this just fine, a story of three little bears who want to know who is really their parents' favorite bear. My husband and I shared a snerk while reading aloud about the Mama and Papa Bear's deflective tactic of attributing the authority to the other parent when the little bears asked questions. I guess circular reasoning isn't raising flags for the little bears yet.
Tanya
Very sweet story that touches on young kids' insecurities of whether mom and dad love a siblings more. I loved the illustrations and the family love. My kids heartily embraced this one too--wish I had it when they were younger. I would consider it for a sibling gift when a new baby is joining the family.
Vee
Jun 27, 2012 Vee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some times parents lie. More children equals more differences, more problems, more dissappointments, more joys and more blessings.

I found some cool basic vocabulary words that I will hopefully be very familiar in the future. And I actually recognized the perfect subjunctive tense for ser.
Josiah
Oct 10, 2009 Josiah rated it it was ok
This is another good book from author Sam McBratney, who is mostly known for bringing the tenderly conceived "Guess How Much I Love You?" to the literary world.
You're All My Favorites is successful in a similar way to that former book, yet clearly takes its own path. The ultimate message to the story is one of absolute and incorruptible love, and shines through very nicely.
  • You Can Do It, Sam
  • There's Going to Be a Baby
  • The Boy Who Grew Flowers
  • Beegu
  • Lola Reads to Leo
  • Elmo Says Achoo! (Sesame Street)
  • Kiss Kiss! (Mini Edition)
  • Hodja fra Pjort
  • Tico and the Golden Wings
  • My Name Is Not Alexander
  • Snip Snap! What's That?
  • Katie Morag Delivers the Mail
  • The Real Thief
  • Bear about Town
  • The Day the Babies Crawled Away
  • Adventures of the Little Wooden Horse
  • The Adventures of Maya the Bee
  • King Jack and the Dragon
The Northern Ireland native started writing children's books when he was a teacher in his thirties, with the aim of helping out students who had trouble reading. But he continued writing for a more-personal reason: "the act of imagining simply makes me feel good," he says. The fifty-seventh book of Sam McBratney's career, and his first book with Candlewick Press, was the much-loved GUESS HOW MUCH ...more
More about Sam McBratney...