Start by marking “We'll Always Have Summer (Summer, #3)” as Want to Read:
We'll Always Have Summer (Summer, #3)

We'll Always Have Summer (Summer #3)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  51,952 ratings  ·  3,559 reviews
It's been two years since Conrad told Belly to go with Jeremiah. She and Jeremiah have been inseparable ever since, even attending the same college-- only, their relationship hasn't exactly been the happily ever after Belly had hoped it would be. And when Jeremiah makes the worst mistake a boy can make, Belly is forced to question what she thought was true love. Does she r ...more
Published April 26th 2011 by Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing (first published April 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about We'll Always Have Summer, please sign up.

Susana Arcila
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireEasy by Tammara WebberFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesThoughtless by S.C. StephensEffortless by S.C. Stephens
College Romance
25th out of 989 books — 6,845 voters
The Fault in Our Stars by John GreenThe Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen ChboskyAnna and the French Kiss by Stephanie PerkinsLooking for Alaska by John GreenThirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
Best Young Adult Realistic Novels
51st out of 1,552 books — 9,350 voters

More lists with this book...

Dixie Marie
All I can think to say is that I loved it. I cried more times than I'd like to admit while reading this book. Susannah always knew who Belly would marry. If only Susannah had known how she would get there! This book started out STRONG. And I mean chest clenching, life altering strong. I've never smiled and cried so much in my life.
Nomes
I have immensely enjoyed the first two books in Jenny Han's Summer Series. They are a bit fluffy and full of ANGST and DRAMA and produce the occasional 'eye-rolling moment from me ~ but they are also charming and nostalgic and summer-y and somehow authentic to the teen voice. I found them utterly compelling and deliciously addictive curl-up-in-the-sun summer goodness. Good times.

I was absolutely hanging out for the third and final instalment. Especially thrilled with the characters having aged
Jessie
Warning: This review will contain spoilers, and loads of swearing, so please proceed at your own risk. Also, this will be a really lengthy review, so please, bear with me.
Disclaimer: I do not intend to offend anyone with this review, including the author.

Actual rating: 1.5 stars (that 0.5 is for the ending.)

WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST READ?

If there was a rating system that rated books based on how much a book fucked you up. This one would deserve a million stars. No book has ever fucked me up so b
Maureen
3.5/5
EeeeEEEEEEEeeeee those are my feelings on this book.
Maggie
Let me start this by saying we'll always have summer probably might be the best book i have ever read . I am damn serious. Everything, every single thing, about it is perfect and i wouldn't want it any other way. The story is perfectly crafted and the characters, who by now we know better than we know ourselves, are back and making us fall in love with them all over again. But shit goes down nonetheless. Throughout the book you're debating whether belly should choose jeremiah or conrad. Halfway ...more
ArmyGirls Read too
Aly (Fantasy4eva)
Rating: 1.5

I feel so let down by this book.

Let's get one thing straight. It was definitely the weakest out of the three.

Belly has finally matured, and it has been truly wonderful seeing Belly transition from a young girl to the lady she is today. I feel like I grew up with her. And that makes her a little extra special for me. Meanwhile, we finally get to see things from Conrad' POV! Finally!!

But there is a BIG problem. We all know Conrad is the bad boy typical douche. We know he's wronged Belly
Lucy
Zia
A bit of hesitation here about how much stars this really deserves. It's not really a question of why this book let me down compared to the other two, its more a question of how did it get this bad without Jenny Han realising..?

The summer collection by Jenny Han is usually the type of series I like to dig myself into in summer because I'm a pretty lonely person in the summer holidays.

Other than the fact that the first story dazzled me, left me awestruck and completely and utterly in love with b
Jessica
Words cannot even begin to describe how mad I am after reading this book. I fell in love with the series since the first book came out, but now I can't believe it ended the way it did. First off, Jenny Han COMPLETELY changed the characters I had grown to love. Jeremiah was sweet, caring, and amazing, but in this book he was such a jerk I couldn't stand it! Secondly, nothing really happened in the book except for maybe three major events. This makes it move slow and repetitive. And then it all wr ...more
Nancy
When I first met Belly, Jeremiah and Conrad I didn't like Belly. She was too raw and honest about her flaws. It made me uncomfortable. But the more I thought about it, the more authentic Jenny Han had created her. I remember the summer I turned pretty. I remember my summer boyfriend and he will always hold a special piece of my heart. I was also an awkward girl suddenly in a pretty teenagers body. A lot like Belly.

So here we are now at the end of Belly's freshman year at college. Conrad is absen
Brooke
This trilogy was wonderful!! I loved that it had so much deeper meaning than what the summary or the covers suggest. I felt so close to these characters and in the most simplest of ways.
I really love books where the setting takes on a character in itself and Cousins beach did that. I felt like I had grown up there and called it home as well.
The second book was definitely my favorite out of the trilogy and even though I don't really care for love triangles in books, somehow this one just worked
Lea (Between fantasy and reality)
Perfect,perfect,perfect. I cried so much. One of the best series Ive ever read. ...more
Jessica (priceiswong)
I am SO conflicted about this book.

I really liked it and it's safe to say that Jenny Han is one of my favorite contemporary authors. But the main reason why I'm feeling so confused, is I honestly HATED the first 100 pages or so of this book (because of the infuriating, annoying characters) But LOVED the last 150 pages or so... So I guess I just had to get through all that crap to get to the good stuff maybe?

I would definitely recommend this trilogy.. just prepare to deal with a LOT of emotions
Glass
Brianna
Dana
I'M SO MAD THIS TRILOGY IS OVER.
THIS TRILOGY IS EVERYTHING.
CONRAD IS EVERYTHING.
JENNY HAN YOU ARE BRILLIANT.
I kind of just want to sit and cry in my room now.

I flew through these books so fast, you can seriously read them in a day. They made me feel so light and happy.

I LOVE THESE BOOKS WITH ALL MY HEART.

This quote is also my favourite from the book. I actually think it is now my new favourite quote;
"We didn't know what was ahead of us then. We were just two teenagers, looking up at the sky
April
Nov 07, 2014 April rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
So beautiful :')
Nic
Favourite Quote: "It’s a known fact that in life, you can’t have everything. In my heart I knew I loved them both, as much as possible to love two people at the same time. Conrad and I were linked, we would always be linked. That wasn’t something I could do away with. I knew that now—that love wasn’t something you could erase, no matter how hard you tried."

I was extremely excited to read the final installment in the Summer series (so excited that I hugged the book and did my little happy dance
Pearl Angeli

At first, I was worried that this book may take away from the first two books of the trilogy, but to my surprise, it turned out great-- more than what I've actually thought.

In this final book of the series, the drama and romance became much deeper. This is the kind of finale that will absolutely transform you into a swooning mess. The storyline is too beautiful and heart-tugging. Believe it or not, Jenny Han's wr
ashawash
I'm a pool of emotions right now. I adored this series so much. This book almost broke me, but I'm glad I powered through (emotionally)!
Fenia
"He didn't give me flowers or candy. He gave me the moon and the stars. Infinity."

I shipped these two from the beginning of this trilogy,so when it all fell apart,i had to drag myself through the book,only to see Belly doing the same mistakes over and over again. I couldn't relate to her as a character,because to me she was a bit selfish,a bit blind..But but (i'm not going to spoil it for you guys.) but the ending was really satisfying. They had their forever and for me that was enough
Jenny
A great conclusion. I just can't stress enough how unexpectedly heavy hearted this is!!
Karla Martínez
No estoy en condiciones para seguir viviendo.
Naoms
This is a review of the whole trilogy.

Belly loves Conrad. That is a truth that everyone in her life knows. He's the boy she has loved since she was a little girl and she spent her summers with his family at Cousins beach. Through out the trilogy we see how a crush, turns to attraction, turns to hatred and turns to an understanding that only comes when two people who know each other well, mature. Add to that Jeremiah, Conrad's little brother who has always loved Belly and you get drama wrapped in
Kayla
I FREAKING LOVE THESE SERIES OF BOOKS HAHAH MYGODDD

I think these series are like, my favorite series in the non-supernatural department, which is indeed saying a lot.

Before I read the book, I had a feeling that at the end of the book, it's going to be Conrad. It's always been, and the first love is always hard to forget. I would also choose him in the end if I was Belly, no matter how sweet Jere is. (goddamn she is freaking pretty!:D)

ahhhh Thank you so much, Jenny Han, for writing such a fanta
Heidi
I don't know how I'm going to wait a year for this book to come out!
Sara
I am in love with this book. It's just WOW. That's all I can think to say about it. This is Jenny Han's third and final installment of The Summer Series. From the first page of The Summer I turned Pretty to the last page of Ig We'll Always Have Summer, I was completely and totally hooked! If you were in love with the first two, this one will definitely not disappoint. When I began this book I was scared and sad because I knew that Belly could only be with one of the Fisher boys, leaving the othe ...more
Zoë (readbyzoe)
OKAY SO. WOW. I really didn't think that this book was going to go in the direction that it did, but in hindsight there was a spoiler at the end of the second book talking about Belly at her wedding so duh. This was my least favorite in the series because I still couldn't grasp the whole "they are spontaneously getting married" thing and I was mostly in shock through the entire book. THE ENDING THOUGH. I won't say any more. But WOW. I honestly liked one brother way more in the first book but thi ...more
Team Conrad vs. Team Jeremiah 294 879 Jun 13, 2015 01:10AM
about book 1 6 Jun 03, 2015 06:18AM
Who Did You Want Belly To End Up With? 13 88 Mar 16, 2015 07:49PM
Who do you think would be cuter, if you met them in real life? (Conrad or Jeremiah) 10 76 Feb 21, 2015 12:39AM
Who do you guys think belly was going to hook up with? 1 8 Feb 21, 2015 12:38AM
Reading Challenge 1 15 Jan 15, 2015 02:38PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: We'll Always Have Summer (Summer #3) --> Starting December 24th, 2014 6 8 Dec 26, 2014 08:45PM
  • Endless Summer (The Boys Next Door, #1-2)
  • He's So Not Worth It (He's So/She's So, #2)
  • How to Ruin Your Boyfriend's Reputation (How to Ruin, #3)
  • Sixteenth Summer
  • Invincible Summer
  • Beach Blondes: June Dreams, July's Promise, August Magic (Summer, #1-3)
  • The Summer of Skinny Dipping (Summer, #1)
  • Sometimes It Happens
  • Between Here and Forever
  • So Much Closer
  • Girlfriend Material
  • Moonglass
  • After Summer (Summer Boys, #3)

Summer (3 books)
  • The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1)
  • It's Not Summer Without You (Summer, #2)
The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1) It's Not Summer Without You (Summer, #2) To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #2) Burn for Burn (Burn for Burn, #1)

“He didn’t give me flowers or candy. He gave me the moon and the stars. Infinity

-Belly Conklin-”
648 likes
“He came up and kissed me on my forehead, and before he stepped away, I closed my eyes and tried hard to memorize this moment. I wanted to remember him exactly as he was right then, how his arms looked brown against his white shirt, the way his hair was cut a little too short in the front. Even the bruise, there because of me.

Then he was gone.

Just for that moment, the thought that I might never see him again… it felt worse than death. I wanted to
run after him. Tell him anything, everything. Just don’t go. Please just never go. Please just always be near me, so I can at least see you.

Because it felt final. I always believed that we would find our way back to each other every time. That no matter what, we would be connected—by our history, by this house. But this time, this last time, it felt final. Like I would never see him again, or that when I did, it would be different, there would be a mountain between us.

I knew it in my bones. That this time was it. I had finally made my choice, and so had he. He let me go. I was relieved, which I expected. What I didn’t expect was to feel so much grief.

Bye bye, Birdie.