Start by marking “Freedom Shift: 3 Choices to Reclaim America's Destiny” as Want to Read:
Freedom Shift: 3 Choices to Reclaim America's Destiny

Freedom Shift: 3 Choices to Reclaim America's Destiny

4.73 of 5 stars 4.73  ·  rating details  ·  160 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Americans who are so demonstrably willing to labor and sacrifice for the benefit of their posterity can only allow the destruction of the forms that protect our freedoms if they do not understand what freedom is, nor how to maintain it.

A FreedomShift is needed today; and to accomplish it, Oliver DeMille proposes The 3 Choices to Reclaim America’s Destiny.

Can it be possible
Published (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Freedom Shift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freedom Shift

This book was a great follow up to Oliver De Mille's last book "The Coming Aristocracy".

The Coming Aristocracy shows how we've departed from the true freedoms outlined for us by our founding documents, and then challenges us to learn more about freedom so we can better preserve it.

I appreciated what "Freedom Shift" had to say because it shows us what to DO about our loss of freedom in America today. Demille proposes that there are three major decisions that can be made by regular citizens today
Tim
Apr 03, 2012 Tim rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All who desire to see the United States return to it's Constitutional roots
Recommended to Tim by: LIFE/Team
I would have likely given this five stars if I could better grasp some of the Author's terms. I'll likely read this again and again in the next several months, because I think this work is very important to regaining the freedoms we are rapidly losing.

These are Author Chris Brady's comments taken off the back cover:

"Oliver DeMille stands like a signpost pointing the way to a better, freer, saner society in keeping with our founding ideals. Regarding America's decline, many people are finally as
T.J. Allen
A great history of our civilization and where it is headed and what we can do about it.
Brandon Perry
A lot of great information in this book. First couple times I went through this I didn't get much out of the third section on Tribes. This time was very different. I really enjoyed what it was teaching about tribes or communities and the impact it has on families and future generations. I can also see the importance of great tribal communities for the future of freedom. It gave me a better idea on how I would like to raise a family and also how I should be for other families.
Dustin
What an amazing book. I’ve always considered myself a ‘conservative’ but Oliver has debunked the rhetoric and helped me understand the importance of objectivity in ‘choosing political sides’. I’m a lot more tolerant of opinions that differ from my own as a direct result of reading FreedomShift. My motivation to make a great difference in my family, community, and nation is stronger than ever. My resolve to help make a ‘freedom shift’ happen has greater meaning to me and my family.
Stephen
If you want shallow opinions and simple answers, turn on talk radio. If you want depth and principles, turn to Oliver DeMille.

If you think one election creates change, then make a sign and march on Washington. But if you want to catalyze real and lasting change, read FreedomShift and apply its vital lessons. This is the real deal. And because it is, it’s not an easy read, nor is it easy to apply.

The question asked of every free citizen is this: Is it worth it?
Marc Page
What a great time time read this book, an election year. FreedomShift is an amazing analysis of our culture and ends with a perceptive view on America's political parties.

Oliver DeMille pulls out, now obvious, conclusions about our society and the needed prescription for change. This goes beyond party politics (and to me appears to be an attempt to heal party divisions by understanding those divisions).

A must read.
Matt
Love the book! While lots of people see the problems facing the United States, this book draws on timeless principles and historical lessons to paint the way forward. Oliver offers practical advice for every individual and family to consider. This book offers the reader a sense of real hope for America's future without shying away from the realities we face. BRAVO!
This book was such a paradigm shift for me in how I view the government and my role as a citizen. I always felt so helpless with just my vote. Now after reading FreedomShift I understood better what I can do personally to make this country a better place and this has given me a lot of hope.
David Garza
Nov 27, 2011 David Garza rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to David by: TEAM
Oliver DeMille is a true thought leader when it comes to strategizing what it will take to restore and maintain true freedom in a society. FreedomShift builds upon the foundation of his other writings in giving Americans the tools needed to fight for freedom.
Tanya
I always want the concrete "NOW what do I do" sort of stuff, and deMille NEVER gives you that. I suppose it is my conveyor belt side that wants the nice tidy list. I did love the book.
Brice
The first section is quite good, at least for me. It won't be valuable for everyone. The other two sections were simply blind speculations and will bore most people to death.
Dawn
Good, thought-provoking ideas in this book. We all need to read it to understand our role in the freedom fight.
Soupie Shaw
Can Not wait to see Oliver DeMille this coming weekend at the Major Convention and get the new book 1913!!!
Tanya
Excellent book!!
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Dannika
Dannika marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Julia Legian
Julia Legian marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Kenny Seneff
Kenny Seneff marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Centa
Centa marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Michael Ewuzie
Michael Ewuzie marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Bill
Bill marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Michael Johnson
Michael Johnson marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Cristi
Cristi marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Doug DeWitt
Doug DeWitt marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Resolved: 13 Resolutions for LIFE
  • Rascal: Making a Difference by Becoming an Original Character
  • Voyage of a Viking
  • The Compassionate Samurai: Being Extraordinary in an Ordinary World
  • The Serving Leader: Five Powerful Actions That Will Transform Your Team, Your Business, and Your Community
  • The Ant and the Elephant: Leadership for the Self: A Parable and 5-Step Action Plan to Transform Workplace Performance
  • Bringing Out the Best in People: How to Enjoy Helping Others Excel
  • Toughen Up!
  • Point Man: How a Man Can Lead His Family
  • Attitude Is Everything: Change Your Attitude...and You Change Your Life!
  • Outstanding!: 47 Ways to Make Your Organization Exceptional
  • Whale Done!: The Power of Positive Relationships
  • Wooden: A Lifetime of Observations and Reflections On and Off the Court
  • The Lombardi Rules: Twenty-Six Lessons from Vince Lombardi--The World's Greatest Coach
Oliver DeMille is the founder and former president of George Wythe University, a founding partner of The Center for Social Leadership, and the author of A Thomas Jefferson Education: Teaching a Generation of Leaders for the 21st Century.

As a university student, Oliver went on a search for a truly great education — experiencing private and public universities, technical and religious schools, corpo
More about Oliver DeMille...
A Thomas Jefferson Education: Teaching a Generation of Leaders for the Twenty-first Century A Thomas Jefferson Education Home Companion Leadership Education: The Phases of Learning 1913 Thomas Jefferson Education for Teens