Start by marking “Nightshade/Night Smoke - Night Tales” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Nightshade/Night Smoke...

Nora Roberts

Nightshade/Night Smoke - Night Tales (Night Tales #3-4)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  4,454 ratings  ·  58 reviews
Nightshade (1993)
They sure were making cops in interesting package these days. Colt Nightshade couldn't believe his luck partnering on a case with Lieutenant Althea Grrayson. But the breathtaking detective was strictly by the book and had no use for Colt's easygoing renegade style. Thawing the heart of this enticing ice goddess just might be the toughest challenge Colt ha
Published 2005 by Silhouette Books (first published June 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Nightshade/Night Smoke - Night Tales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nightshade/Night Smoke - Night Tales

Duncan Mandel

The moment her eyes locked on Colt Nightshade, she knew he was trouble. But Lieutenant Althea Grayson prided herself on being in control, and she wouldn't let her new partner ruin that. The man was a renegade, no respect for rules—and the worst part was he got to her. The way he challenged Althea's thinking, stared right into her eyes…and held her in his arms. What defense could her heart have when Nightshade didn't play fair?

Arson investigator Ryan Piasecki was a man who got the job done no ma

Book_recs4u
NIGHTSHADE
When renegade Colt Nightshade is paired with lietuenant Althea Grayson to locate a missing teenage runaway, it's like mixing oil and water. He doesn't follow the rules and she's by the book... but opposites attract. Everytime Althea makes it clear things need to remain professional between them, Colt is there daring her to deny the desire swirling between them. When all circumstances point to the missing girl being in over her head, the rush to bring her home safely is on. Despite thei
Duncan Mandel
- Winner Takes All (10/04) debuted at #2 on the New York Times bestseller list and appeared in the top five positions for over five consecutive weeks.- Charmed & Enchanted (9/04) debuted at #2 on the New York Times bestseller list where it appeared for over four weeks.- Entranced (6/04) debuted at #4 on the New York Times bestseller list and remained there for five weeks.- With Open Arms (5/04) debuted at #1 on the New York Times bestseller list, where it spent five consecutive weeks.- Capti ...more
Mojca
Dark, moody, and angsty (especially in the one-on-one *hint-hint* scenes). Loved the her-music-leads-to-sex theme.

Good, sneaky suspense, wonderful chemistry, great landscape imaging...Another NR keeper!
Sonja
Finished this one this morning while I was waiting for the frost to magically melt off the windshield of the van before work :) That's how good this book was.. had to read a few pages whenever I could... waiting for my order at Sonic, waiting for the windshield to defrost... waiting in the checkout line at the grocery store.... etc. Just not enough time to read anymore...

Anyway this seems to be book 3 & 4 of a 4 book series having to do with 'night'. Loved the Colt Nightshade character... w
Karen
Nora Roberts has delivered two steamy, sizzling tales of romantic suspense that a hard to put down.

Nightshade-An ambitious hard nosed detective goes up against a stubborn PI on the trail of the missing daughter of friends. Colt and Althea step on each others toes and hearts as they solve the case.

Night Smoke--Natalie and Ryan are fanning the flames of passion as they search for a pyro and try to keep her business from going up in smoke.

The two stories are the second in Roberts Night tales serie
Sheila
This compilation contained the 3rd and 4th books in the sextet of Nora Roberts' intriguing series entitled Night Tales. Nora Roberts keeps readers interested in this 6-book series by reintroducing previous characters and further defining their intertwined relationships. The best thing about Nora Roberts’ books is that you are never bored; there is rich detail that takes the reader to the edge, but never lets the story get lost in minutiae.

Nightshade reintroduces Boyd Fletcher’s partner from book
Ursula Gorman
Nightshade was closer to 5 stars, but Night Smoke brought it down to the 4 star rating. Both stories were good, but Nightshade was the better of the two reads. I liked that they had some of the same characters in both of the stories, nice continuity.
The reason I gave Night Smoke a slightly lower rating is because of the heroine. In too many mystery/suspense/romances, the leading lady is out of her depth in the situation, but she is written as a smart, successful and likeable lady. Now, if this i
Zainab Bakare
This is wat i call fun in a book.. d hero tooj charge totally thought Althea wasnt always in full support... i just love dominance in a guy
Gabrielle
Night Shade: Colt Nightshade and Althea Corayson are cops. She just wants to do her job. Colt wants Althea in many ways but mainly just to be his lover. Colt manages to have sex with her and since that day he is all the Althea thinks about. Night Smoke: Natalie Fletener needs help in order to save her business. Her first choice is arson investigator Ryan Piaseckis. Soon she finds when they meet up for copy he is leaving her wanting more. This book was a HUGE disappointment from the first.
Tarah
I'm not a huge fan of this series & had these been some of the first Nora Roberts books I had read, I may not be a huge fan of her either. Her story telling has come a very long way. These are some of her earlier works and while entertaining, far from her best. They're very predictable and repetitive of each other. Boy meets girl, girl and boy fall in love, girl & or boy pushes the other away, something life changing happens, they get married and have babies. Wash & repeat.
Mary
I enjoyed both of these books but liked Night Smoke the best. I really liked Natalie and Ry together. Nightshade has Althea Grayson (Boyd Fletcher's partner from Night Shift) and Colt Nightshade (Boyd's friend) as the h/H. Night Smoke has Boyd's sister Natalie and Ryan Piasecki as the h/H. The main characters from the first two books in the series appear in these two so it is nice to see them again. I would recommend this book even though it is early Nora. Enjoy!
Torie
Nightshade= 5 Stars!!
Night Smoke= 2 Stars

Nightshade's the classic "when couples attract" scenario. It was witty and never a dull moment. As for Night Smoke, I was a little disappointed. This is a great author, but the writing technique seemed to be a little off where I couldn't get into the story quite as well as I can in her other books.
Denise
Best of the novellas in the book, "Suspicious," the book "Night Moves" should really have been titled "Night Music" as author Nora Roberts plays off her major character being a composer. Both a love story and a mystery to solve a 10-year-old disappearance.
The mysteries that there could really be a man with special or super powers like superman, and of course to have money and fame on top of that, of course can't forget handsome. Just puts you in a place that maybe there is something truly out there.
Janet Blowers
Two shorter stories in this novel. The characters tie in to "Night Shift and Night Shadow" So far my favorite was Night Shadow becasue it had a touch of the paranormal stuff I love when Nora Roberts writes. These two are just cute love stories.
Brittany
Jul 18, 2012 Brittany rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance Lovers and fans ofbook 1 and 2
Nightshade includes the story of the previous officer Boyd's partner Athlea

Nightsmoke includes a sexy arson investigator determined to find the culprit even going so far as to accuse the beautiful owner of the building in question
Andrea
Good story...I liked how even though the stories were unrelated there was a link between the characters. I was disappointed in Night Smoke as the "incident" which broght the characters together was very thin, not typical Roberts style.
Amber
I was home sick and enjoyed escaping into a vintage Nora Roberts. It wasn't anything intellectual but just plain fun and something that I could concentrate on even while sleepy and stuffed up!
Belinda
This book was ok I know who the killer was from the minute they showed in the book. Good Characters but the romance came too easy for me. But as always with Nora Roberts as nice easy read.
Nancy
I am just a Nora Roberts fan and I enjoy reading her books-some more than others-I find this grouping of books a little different in that the time span for the characters between books is longer.
Niki
I love Nora Roberts and her easy and quick to read romance novels that always help take you away for just a few hours but the Night Tales series adds some mystery and suspense to the book.
Andrea
I really enjoyed this 2 for one book. I was kept guessing right until the end and I feel like a really should read this series in order but it's a great stand alone novel also.
Tricia Agrinsoni
Like books #1 and #2 3 & 4 were just as good, the setting takes place about 10yrs after the first 2nd you can see how Cilla and Boyd's relationship has grown ect...
Sharon
Perfect reading material for stressed-out people. Breezy and predictable. I can't help myself. Nora Roberts is like junk food - tasty, but not particularly healthy.
Natascha
This story was really interesting right from the start, and I enjoyed trying to find out myself who murdered the person that was found in Maggie's garden.
Ruby Neighbors
I had a hard time getting through this. I hope the second book (within the book)is better. I really like Nora Roberts, but not the first of these two
Annette Meier
The secrets and mysteries of night work very well to take these two leading ladies off their guard - makes it much more interesting reading.
Jen
Really liked Nightshade, but not a big fan of Night Smoke. For some reason the guy sounds really unattractive when reading it. Weird, I know.
Jan
Not a keeper. not sure why I even finished them. Ms. Roberts has much better work out there. Is it because they were for Harlequin?
  • Keeping Christmas
  • Love on the Range
  • Bump in the Night (includes In Death, #22.5)
  • The Grail King (Druids of Avalon, #2)
  • Rock My World (Harlequin Blaze #215)
  • Faith (Virtue, #2)
  • Trust Me
  • Gingham Bride (Buttons and Bobbins #1)
  • Double Dare (Harlequin Blaze #324)
  • Getting Old Is Tres Dangereux (Gladdy Gold, #6)
  • Hot for Him (Harlequin Blaze, #326)
  • Mother, Please!
  • The Player
  • Eyes of Fire
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her
More about Nora Roberts...

Night Tales (6 books)
  • Night Shift (Night Tales, #1)
  • Night Shadow (Night Tales, #2)
  • Nightshade (Night Tales, #3)
  • Night Smoke (Night Tales, #4)
  • Night Shield (Night Tales, #5)
  • Night Moves