Start by marking “Here's the Situation: A Guide to Creeping on Chicks, Avoiding Grenades, and Getting in Your GTL on the Jersey Shore” as Want to Read:

Do you think that you know "The Situation"? Take the quiz and find out.

Here's how to get your situation up to the level of the Situation

Listen, dawg. You're probably hitting the gym, doing your tanning, and picking up fresh laundry every day. And maybe you've had some success beating up the beat and creeping on chicks in the club. But do you really think your situation
Published November 2nd 2010 by Avery

To ask other readers questions about Here's the Situation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Here's the Situation

Tim
Jul 15, 2011 Tim rated it liked it
I mean, where do I start? The book is TERRIBLE. Yet why did I rate it Three Stars? Well, it easily falls into the "So Bad It's Good" territory. I'm pretty sure the ghost writer, since I'm not even sure the Situation is literate, must have known this would be an easy paycheck and tried to have fun with it.

I can almost picture the meetings leading up the publication of this. Did The Situation have editorial control? Did he do the hilariously terrible drawings himself or did he outsource it the gho
Shep
Feb 12, 2012 Shep marked it as don-t-even-bother
I died laughing when I read the summary.

Just no.
Gavin Fury
Dec 23, 2011 Gavin Fury rated it did not like it
Shelves: shit-books
We all know that this was ghost-written, and though I usually scoff at the thought of such a thing I'm sure the "help" Sitch got in this book's composition is entirely responsible for any grammar/spelling/coherent thoughts (even more so than in other books that have helpers, right Shania Twain?). I'm not going to waste time judging people for reading this shit because chances are if you enjoy this sort of thing then reading isn't particularly for you. That's not to say that reading is some eleva ...more
Ms. Mulhern Gross
I have no idea if this book is supposed to be tongue-in-cheek or not, but I can't stop laughing. It's absolutely hysterical. Best Christmas present ever! And hey, we are all allowed to read "junk", sometimes. :)
Katie
Nov 11, 2010 Katie rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010, biographies
The book was worth it just for the pattern to make an ab pillow.
Amanda
2 stars

I will admit it...I love Jersey Shore. It's one of my guilty pleasures. Mike was one of my favorites on the show, mainly because I thought he was attractive and the shit he said was hilarious, but now that I've read this book...it's hard for me to even watch him. This book literally proves what a jackass he is. Who cares if he wrote it or had someone write it from him. It's sad that rude ass people such as Mike Sorrentino is given the chance to write and promote a "book" while other peopl
Melissa Rochelle
Sep 29, 2011 Melissa Rochelle rated it it was ok
It was HILARIOUS, but I can't give this more than two stars because it was also TERRIBLE.

The Situation really is an idiot and I don't for a second believe that he wrote or typed a single word of this book. However, it's also filled with advice...advice a guy should disregard or just do the opposite of!

If you want to laugh and are a fan of Jersey Shore, read it...otherwise, ignore it.
Adrian
Sep 27, 2011 Adrian rated it it was ok
On a lark I ordered every book authored by a Jersey Shore cast member. I figured I power through them in some sort of moronic reading marathon. Just finished "Here's the Situation" by "The Situation". There were a couple funny parts but overall it was pretty terrible.
Heather Clitheroe
Apr 24, 2011 Heather Clitheroe rated it did not like it
There is a cartoon illustration of sperm heading for an egg: the moment just before the world was blighted with The Situation. It is, I think, the metaphor for this book: that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Michelle
Jan 11, 2011 Michelle rated it liked it
A classic for our time! Kidding, kidding. Really though, this is hilarious and he's in on the joke. Say what you will, he's laughing all the way to the bank. Let's just hope he invests well.
Michael
Feb 04, 2011 Michael rated it did not like it
Mike Sorrentino, aka "The Situation", made a name for himself...and sold the shit out of it. Using his nickname/catch phrase, he rode to the front of the Jersey Shore cast, being matched only by everyone's "favorite" diminutive dimwit Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi. Not content with merely being on people's TV screens, "Sitch" decided to "drop the knowledge" on the public in print form. With his assigned collaborator, he set out to create, "the Bible to the Situation Nation". I for one can honestly say ...more
Liz
Sep 24, 2012 Liz rated it liked it
Here is why I gave it three stars. It's so ridiculous, it's funny. You know "The Situation" is completely serious about everything he wrote, which to me makes the book even funnier.

Don't judge me.
Jason
Sep 14, 2011 Jason rated it did not like it
Shelves: my-books
I knew going in that this was truly a waste of time. Intentionally comic in nature, or so I hope, it filled just moment of my life with absurd idiocy. Don't waste your time, unless you have time you truly can spare for mindless reading. My jaw dropped at how crazy it was.
Danielle
LOL this book. Who could take it seriously? It was a fun quick read, I read snooki's book so I had to read The Situations book. Snooki's was much better.
Bari
Jan 13, 2011 Bari added it
Amazing.
Donna
Jan 20, 2014 Donna rated it liked it
Pretty much, this book is EXACTLY what you would expect. I gave it 3 stars simply because it made me laugh out loud at times.
Eric
Aug 13, 2011 Eric rated it did not like it
This book was awful....don't waste your time
Shannon Hertz
Jan 19, 2011 Shannon Hertz rated it liked it
It's cheesy and fun. I expected a little more content (there were lots of pictures) but other than that it lives up to all pre-conceived ideas about it. It's a really quick read.
Karen
Nov 25, 2015 Karen rated it it was ok
I had to do it, when I saw it just lying around I had to read it. It gets two stars because his ridiculousness made me laugh once instead of just rolling my eyes.
Heather
Sep 26, 2011 Heather rated it it was amazing
This book was hilarious, whether or not it was intended to be! The only thing that could have made this book funnier was if it was an audiobook read by the author.
Margaret
Jul 23, 2012 Margaret rated it did not like it
I wouldn't even consider this a book. It is a "joke" where nothing makes sense and he thinks he is the greatest thing to ever happen.
Lauren
Nov 14, 2010 Lauren rated it liked it
Very good at describing how to tan and fist pump effectively, I've been doing it all wrong! I think that women have to deal with waaaay more grenades than men though.
Chelsea Gouin
Feb 06, 2012 Chelsea Gouin rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
If you like Jersey Shore, then this is right up your alley. I laughed through it because it's written in typical Situation fashion. Not meant to be taken seriously, but definitely a fun read.
Jarrett
Apr 12, 2011 Jarrett rated it really liked it
I gave this book 4 stars because I thought it was entertaining and that's why we read right? To be entertained. If you like the Jersey Shore MTV show, you will like this book.
Shannon
Feb 01, 2011 Shannon rated it it was amazing
Funny, ridiculous, and amazing read.
Quick read for fans of the Jersey Shore who don't mind a joke and enjoy laughing.
Loved it. Oh the Situation how you kill me.
Andrew Shaffer
garbage
Debbie
Nov 05, 2010 Debbie rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves Jersey Shore
I thought this was funny. It was the situation as the situation. I had a lot of laughs in the 1.5 hours it took to read the book. An entertaining quick read.
Kat Wells
Mar 21, 2015 Kat Wells rated it did not like it
I will be putting a small review in my march reads video so check that out... youtube.com/kwells7788
Kai
..........why does this exist??
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Post your favorite quotes from "Here's the Situation"! 1 4 Nov 08, 2011 08:39PM
Michael Sorrentino, publicly known by his nickname The Situation, is an American television personality, model and author who appeared on the MTV reality show Jersey Shore starting in 2009.
More about Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino...

“Fashion Fact: Most people make the assumption that I wear trendy shades the majority of the time (often indoors) to protect my eyes from the elements. But in fact it's the reverse. I'm protecting the elements from the brilliance of my eyes.” 9 likes