Start by marking “Here's the Situation: A Guide to Creeping on Chicks, Avoiding Grenades, and Getting in Your GTL on the Jersey Shore” as Want to Read:
Here's the Situation: A Guide to Creeping on Chicks, Avoiding Grenades, and Getting in Your GTL on the  Jersey Shore

2.43 of 5 stars 2.43  ·  rating details  ·  87 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Do you think that you know "The Situation"? Take the quiz and find out.Here's how to get your situation up to the level of the Situation

Listen, dawg. You're probably hitting the gym, doing your tanning, and picking up fresh laundry every day. And maybe you've had some success beating up the beat and creeping on chicks in the club. But do you really think your situation i
Published November 2nd 2010 by Gotham

To ask other readers questions about Here's the Situation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Here's the Situation

Tim
I mean, where do I start? The book is TERRIBLE. Yet why did I rate it Three Stars? Well, it easily falls into the "So Bad It's Good" territory. I'm pretty sure the ghost writer, since I'm not even sure the Situation is literate, must have known this would be an easy paycheck and tried to have fun with it.

I can almost picture the meetings leading up the publication of this. Did The Situation have editorial control? Did he do the hilariously terrible drawings himself or did he outsource it the gho
Scarlet
Feb 12, 2012 Scarlet marked it as don-t-even-bother
I died laughing when I read the summary.

Just no.
Gavin Fury
We all know that this was ghost-written, and though I usually scoff at the thought of such a thing I'm sure the "help" Sitch got in this book's composition is entirely responsible for any grammar/spelling/coherent thoughts (even more so than in other books that have helpers, right Shania Twain?). I'm not going to waste time judging people for reading this shit because chances are if you enjoy this sort of thing then reading isn't particularly for you. That's not to say that reading is some eleva ...more
Ms. Mulhern Gross
I have no idea if this book is supposed to be tongue-in-cheek or not, but I can't stop laughing. It's absolutely hysterical. Best Christmas present ever! And hey, we are all allowed to read "junk", sometimes. :)
Katie
The book was worth it just for the pattern to make an ab pillow.
Amanda
2 stars

I will admit it...I love Jersey Shore. It's one of my guilty pleasures. Mike was one of my favorites on the show, mainly because I thought he was attractive and the shit he said was hilarious, but now that I've read this book...it's hard for me to even watch him. This book literally proves what a jackass he is. Who cares if he wrote it or had someone write it from him. It's sad that rude ass people such as Mike Sorrentino is given the chance to write and promote a "book" while other peopl
Melissa Rochelle
It was HILARIOUS, but I can't give this more than two stars because it was also TERRIBLE.

The Situation really is an idiot and I don't for a second believe that he wrote or typed a single word of this book. However, it's also filled with advice...advice a guy should disregard or just do the opposite of!

If you want to laugh and are a fan of Jersey Shore, read it...otherwise, ignore it.
Adrian
On a lark I ordered every book authored by a Jersey Shore cast member. I figured I power through them in some sort of moronic reading marathon. Just finished "Here's the Situation" by "The Situation". There were a couple funny parts but overall it was pretty terrible.
Heather Clitheroe
There is a cartoon illustration of sperm heading for an egg: the moment just before the world was blighted with The Situation. It is, I think, the metaphor for this book: that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Michelle
A classic for our time! Kidding, kidding. Really though, this is hilarious and he's in on the joke. Say what you will, he's laughing all the way to the bank. Let's just hope he invests well.
Michael
Mike Sorrentino, aka "The Situation", made a name for himself...and sold the shit out of it. Using his nickname/catch phrase, he rode to the front of the Jersey Shore cast, being matched only by everyone's "favorite" diminutive dimwit Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi. Not content with merely being on people's TV screens, "Sitch" decided to "drop the knowledge" on the public in print form. With his assigned collaborator, he set out to create, "the Bible to the Situation Nation". I for one can honestly say ...more
Kat Wells
I will be putting a small review in my march reads video so check that out... youtube.com/kwells7788
Donna
Pretty much, this book is EXACTLY what you would expect. I gave it 3 stars simply because it made me laugh out loud at times.
Jason
I knew going in that this was truly a waste of time. Intentionally comic in nature, or so I hope, it filled just moment of my life with absurd idiocy. Don't waste your time, unless you have time you truly can spare for mindless reading. My jaw dropped at how crazy it was.
Liz
Here is why I gave it three stars. It's so ridiculous, it's funny. You know "The Situation" is completely serious about everything he wrote, which to me makes the book even funnier.

Don't judge me.
Chelsea Gouin
If you like Jersey Shore, then this is right up your alley. I laughed through it because it's written in typical Situation fashion. Not meant to be taken seriously, but definitely a fun read.
Shannon Hertz
It's cheesy and fun. I expected a little more content (there were lots of pictures) but other than that it lives up to all pre-conceived ideas about it. It's a really quick read.
Jarrett
I gave this book 4 stars because I thought it was entertaining and that's why we read right? To be entertained. If you like the Jersey Shore MTV show, you will like this book.
Shannon
Funny, ridiculous, and amazing read.
Quick read for fans of the Jersey Shore who don't mind a joke and enjoy laughing.
Loved it. Oh the Situation how you kill me.
Heather
This book was hilarious, whether or not it was intended to be! The only thing that could have made this book funnier was if it was an audiobook read by the author.
Debbie
Nov 11, 2010 Debbie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves Jersey Shore
I thought this was funny. It was the situation as the situation. I had a lot of laughs in the 1.5 hours it took to read the book. An entertaining quick read.
Margaret
I wouldn't even consider this a book. It is a "joke" where nothing makes sense and he thinks he is the greatest thing to ever happen.
Dudley
An amusing little book, but I'm hoping Snooki's book is better.
Eric
This book was awful....don't waste your time
Kai
..........why does this exist??
Lauren
Very good at describing how to tan and fist pump effectively, I've been doing it all wrong! I think that women have to deal with waaaay more grenades than men though.
Bari
Jan 13, 2011 Bari added it
Amazing.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Post your favorite quotes from "Here's the Situation"! 1 4 Nov 08, 2011 08:39PM
Michael Sorrentino, publicly known by his nickname The Situation, is an American television personality, model and author who appeared on the MTV reality show Jersey Shore starting in 2009.
More about Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino...
The Situation, Issue 1

“Fashion Fact: Most people make the assumption that I wear trendy shades the majority of the time (often indoors) to protect my eyes from the elements. But in fact it's the reverse. I'm protecting the elements from the brilliance of my eyes.” 7 likes