Start by marking “Innocent in the Harem” as Want to Read:
Innocent in the Harem

Innocent in the Harem

3.13 of 5 stars 3.13  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  7 reviews
"Ottoman Empire, 1565"

Prince Khadin knows his days are numbered. His death could come at any moment, but even he cannot help but be distracted by the Bedouin princess he sees making a daring bid for freedom from the slave market. Even in captivity, her courage and purity attract Khadin to her as much as her beauty. Unable to resist the temptation, he takes the maiden back
Published June 1st 2010 by Harlequin Historical Undone (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Innocent in the Harem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Innocent in the Harem

Tasmia
Enthralling. I think the writing tries to convey foreignness with its stiltedness, so it might not be to everyone's taste, but in my opinion, it works. I felt alienated from the hero and heroine for most of the story, but I think that's how it should have been. Ultimately there's nothing really authentic about this story, but the veneer of exoticism is enough to produce some distance. A bit annoying that our hero is blue-eyed, but I'm glad that the heroine isn't a northern import. Mind, they do ...more
Sasha
Yes, despite the hokeyness of the name, I actually read this. And I'm giving it 3 whole stars because I knew what I was getting into beforehand and can't complain that it wasn't Shakespeare since it's so eloquently named 'Innocent in the Harem' and cost all of $3.

It was OK. The writing wasn't spectacular, but the author realised that brevity of description was the only way we'd get through this mediocre work, and so she gave us that. And I for one am grateful.

My only point of contention was the
Kerry
Oh my goodness, what an embarrassing title! I'm beginning to see why people say a Kindle can be a very useful thing to have when reading romances. But after reading The Last Summer of Being Single, I realised some light, short romance is what I need to read right now. Sure, I miss the depth of a longer book, but I'm struggling with reading that same depth right now, so isn't a good thing Harlequin sell thier books as ebooks, all over the world, at reasonable prices.

It was a pleasant little story
May
It was a fast read

Not believable at all but ok

I can't exactly see when they fell in love !!

As for the supposingly Arabic words I only understood 3 and I'm Arabian
T.L. Morganfield
Mostly I liked this, though I was disappointed to find out it was just a novella and not a full-length novel (I'll have be more careful about what I buy on Amazon), and I personally think it would have worked better as a novel. I loved the setting and the historical period, but on the whole the characters and their relationship just felt too rushed to be really believable. As a result, it felt more like their relationship was based more on sex than love. I would really like to read a full-sized ...more
Flynne Moran
I was interested in a fast, sexy-hot fantsy read set in an exotic locale, so I bought this. It filled the bill. The characters were well-constructed and the attraction and the dialogue between the hero and heroine were believable. There was actually a good plot(not always the case with eros-heavy books, which often just plug in bits and pieces of plot around the sex scenes.) And the sex was HOT, imho! It fit its genre perfectly and was an enjoyable read.
Jill Myles
I am weak for any sort of harem story (I know, I know). This one is about one of the sultan's sons that purchases a fiery bedouin girl in the slave market. It's a fun read, and I enjoy Willingham's books because she always wraps up the plot nicely.
Ale Snape li
Ale Snape li marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Jackie
Jackie added it
Aug 26, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Wolfie0516
Wolfie0516 marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Barbara Xedos
Barbara Xedos marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Chandra
Chandra marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Rita® Award Finalist Michelle Willingham has published over twenty books and novellas. Currently, she lives in southeastern Virginia with her husband and children and is working on more historical romance novels. When she's not writing, Michelle enjoys baking, playing the piano, and avoiding exercise at all costs. Visit her website at: www.michellewillingham.com or interact with her on Facebook at ...more
More about Michelle Willingham...
Claimed by the Highland Warrior (MacKinloch Clan, #1) Seduced by Her Highland Warrior (MacKinloch Clan, #2) Tempted by the Highland Warrior (MacKinloch Clan, #3) The Accidental Countess (Accidental, #2) Surrender to an Irish Warrior (MacEgan Brothers #6)