Start by marking “Microhydro: Clean Power from Water” as Want to Read:
Microhydro: Clean Power from Water

Microhydro: Clean Power from Water

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Hydroelectricity is the world’s largest—and cleanest—source of renewable -energy. But despite lively interest in renewables generally, there is an information vacuum about the smallest version of the technology dubbed "the simplest, most reliable and least expensive way to generate power off grid."

Highly illustrated and practical, Microhydro is the first complete book on t
Published July 1st 2003 by New Society Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Microhydro, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Microhydro

Anna
This book is written on a sixth grade reading level, and that's a good thing. It's just what I needed to see whether my property is right for microhydro power, without having to wade through dense chapters of information I don't need yet.

Go to my blog to read the full review of Microhydro, including information on assessing the flow, assessing the head, and estimating the power at your potential site.
Junio
Mar 24, 2009 Junio rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone with a stream
Shelves: green
This book is a thorough treatise on microhydro, small scale electrical production with water. With it, you could go a long way towards planning and executing your own microhydro project, or at the very least identifying whether you have a site suitable for this kind of power production. It explains all the variables, how to survey a site, how to calculate the electrical potential of the site, and tells you about materials choices.

Anyone with a stream should read it.
Brian Thomas
I thought the level was a little too basic to be useful to me. If you don't know anything about electricity or hydro power, this book might be a good place to start. It is written for the tinkerer or hobbyist. If you have any technical training beyond high school, you can probably learn what you need to know from a website such as the one by Practical Action: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10...
Chris P
A pretty good book for those interested in residential microhydro applications. Focuses on application and case study applications rather than a straight forwards how-to approach.
Chris Brimmer
Good primer, a little light on info good for site specific problems. You will be a well educated lay person but not an expert.
Ian
Extremely infomative!!! Has abundant information on all sorts of microhydro systems. Great for everyone interested in the topic!
Brad Lucas
Brad Lucas marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
John
John marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Dedo
Dedo marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Shambhu Azad
Shambhu Azad marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Peeyush
Peeyush marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Awon Arshad
Awon Arshad marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Noa
Noa marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Anika
Anika added it
Feb 17, 2014
Ritesh Patro
Ritesh Patro marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Colm
Colm marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2013
Wala
Wala marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2013
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2013
Dennis L
Dennis L marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2013
Luc Paquette
Luc Paquette marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2013
Susana
Susana marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2012
Elizabeth Hills
Elizabeth Hills marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2011
Garrett
Garrett marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2011
Scott
Scott added it
Jul 25, 2011
Groovy Recipes: Greasing the Wheels of Java If My Body is a Temple, Then I Was a Megachurch: My journey of losing 132 pounds with no excercise GIS for Web Developers: Adding 'Where' to Your Web Applications Female Force: Anne Rice William Shatner Presents: Tek War Volume 1