Start by marking “Bone Island Mambo: An Alex Rutledge Mystery” as Want to Read:
Bone Island Mambo: An Alex Rutledge Mystery

Bone Island Mambo: An Alex Rutledge Mystery (An Alex Rutledge Mystery #3)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  254 ratings  ·  15 reviews
A pleasant Key West Sunday in January turns into a tropical nightmare.

It's early. The tourists are still asleep. Freelance and part-time crime photographer Alex Rutledge bicycles near-vacant streets, taking pictures for his own enjoyment. But he's challenged at a restoration district construction site, accused by a developer of snapping photos for an expose.

An hour later...more
Published April 1st 2007 by Minotaur Books (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Bone Island Mambo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bone Island Mambo

Sandie
BONE ISLAND MAMBO
By Tom Corcoran
St. Martin's Press
May, 2001

Whew, Tom Corcoran can weave a complicated yarn! I had a blast reading BONE ISLAND MAMBO for the plot, the scenery, the characters, the fun. As woven together as the numerous clues become, Corcoran expertly leads the reader through this intricately textured story.

Alex Rutledge returns for his third adventure living in his own paradise on Key West. Out for an afternoon of photographing the changes taking place around the island, he is sud...more
BJ
"Bone Island Mambo" is the third in the Alex Rutledge Mystery series by Tom Corcoran. The main character is really the author's alter ego. Tom Corcoran's photographs have appeared on seven Jimmy Buffett album covers and he has co-written a couple of Jimmy Buffett songs. The setting is Key West. Alex Rutledge is a photographer who has lived in the Keys since the 70s. He picks up extra cash by photographing crime scenes for City and County Law Enforcement. In doing so, he manages to get mixed up i...more
Sue
I can see why this one wasn't in the library - it wasn't as good of a book on its own as the other Rutledge mysteries have been. It felt too disconnected, with too many different plot pieces going along for me to have any chance of figuring anything out... and although action is good, I feel like he went overboard with the action sequences in this one - perhaps the editors wanted some more action and then he went too far. A good book to take to the beach.
Michelle
i picked this up from our employee book swap, primarily because i was in between books and not sure what genre i was into. the cover drew my attention because Janet Evanovitch recommended it and she is one of my favorite authors, however, the story didn't hold my attention quite like her's do. i was expecting something similar to "skinny dip" (not even close). it was ok, took me quite awhile to finish. too many characters and scattered plot.
Ashley FL
Loved reading about Key West and my favorite haunts. But the story was way too complicated, the characters too numerous and too similar. The writing was confusing. I think it just isn't my cup of tea. I have a similar reaction to Hiaasen. I love Florida, and love that it is wacky, but I don't enjoy these books.
Susan
key west themed, lots of key west and buffet references. main character is a photographer that ends up working with the police. the reason i like this series is the character development and the story telling quality.... not so much for the crime solving ability.
Ruth
Emily
This was my first alex rutledge book and I really liked it. The characters where a little hard to follow sometimes but other than that, great book!
Julie
Another one that is fun fun fun Key West. This one, and Gumbo Limbo, are fantastic summer reads.
Lewis Weinstein
Fun in my home town of Key West. Corcoran is always enjoyable.
Jackie
Oct 17, 2008 Jackie rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mystery lovers, and anyone who loves Key West.
Reading Tom Corcoran is like taking a trip to the Keys!
Mark Clough
Convoluted tale of skullduggery in Key West.
Jeffrey Hammerhead
A good read that has a great Key West flavor.
Greg Royce
Greg Royce marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Thewalkinglexicon
Thewalkinglexicon marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
The Mango Opera Gumbo Limbo: An Alex Rutledge Mystery Air Dance Iguana Octopus Alibi: An Alex Rutledge Mystery Hawk Channel Chase