Start by marking “Cardcaptor Sakura, Omnibus 2” as Want to Read:
Cardcaptor Sakura, Omnibus 2

Cardcaptor Sakura, Omnibus 2 (Cardcaptor Sakura #4-6)

4.53  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,135 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
The beautiful new teacher in Sakura's class, Kaho Mizuki, soon reveals that she's a shrine maiden with magic powers of her own. But as always, the struggle to capture the Clow cards is woven together with the mysterious - and complicated - threads of love and affection between Sakura and all the people in her life. Will her heart be strong enough as she faces the one who w ...more
Published August 16th 2011 by Dark Horse (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Cardcaptor Sakura, Omnibus 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cardcaptor Sakura, Omnibus 2

Ana Luisa
Nov 10, 2015 Ana Luisa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, manga
¡Este volumen me encantó!

Es la segunda parte de la captura de cartas y el juicio final. Todo es muy emocionante, se encuentran las partes más graciosas de todo el manga (mi capítulo preferido cuando captura las cartas de Luz y Oscuridad).
description

Vemos como los personajes están mejor construidos y vemos diferentes facetas de ellos. Este tomo definitivamente es de Syaoran y Sakura.

Después de que lo termines de leer, quieres comenzar el siguiente :). ¿Ya les mencioné las preciosas imágenes a color que vien
Amber
Jul 09, 2015 Amber rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, summer-2015
this is absolutely adorable.
Chris Carvajal
Everything about Sakura is just lovely.
Monique
Jan 29, 2016 Monique rated it liked it
Nick Sweet
Apr 26, 2015 Nick Sweet rated it it was amazing
For many magical girl fans, Cardcaptor Sakura was an introduction to the world of magical girls, maybe even more so than Sailor Moon. Written and drawn by the all female group CLAMP, the story focuses on a young girl name Sakura, who is a descendant of a magician named Clow Reed. Unexpectedly, Sakura finds a book that contains 52 cards, each with a unique power and ability to bestow upon the owner. Sakura opens the book and frees all except one of the 52 cards. A spirit named Kero emerges and in ...more
Mehsi
Going to re-read this volume of the Omnibus. Note: My book is paperback, but due to the fact there is no re-read button, I guess I will do it this way.

With this volume ends the first Arc of the Card Captor Sakura manga. The next 2 omnibuses will all be about Sakura and the events that happened in the last volume (volume 6). I was really delighted to see the story go from mostly slice of life, comedy and magic, to something more exciting. Things were getting more and more dangerous and difficult
Jan 14, 2015 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Five stars for Cardcaptor Sakura Omnibus

Correction from my last review it's Syaoran.

The Plot

We are going to make this one quick because I want to move on to volume 3.

In this volume Sakura successfully captors the last cards and faces judgement by the Guardian of the Moon, Yue. Also, Sakura's substitute teacher reveals herself to be a shrine maiden and helps Sakura (of course). Her brother Toya is still completely out of the loop...or is he. He and Sakura's shrine maiden teacher have some b
Crystal
Mar 12, 2013 Crystal rated it really liked it
So cute! I was in the mood for this. I just love the artwork and all the good feels!
Alex
The Deal: Sakura Kinomoto has been gathering the Clow Cards for a while, her magic is growing stronger, her rivalry with Shaoran Li is turning into something that feels a lot more like friendship, and she still has the world's biggest crush on her brother's best friend Yukito.

But new challenges are coming her way, particularly after the arrival of Kaho Mizuki, a beautiful substitute teacher that shares a past with Toya (Sakura's brother). Oh, and she also has strong magical powers.

And, as Saku
Jacqui
May 27, 2015 Jacqui rated it it was amazing
Excellent read! Great plotting, pacing, and wrapping up of storylines (plus a great intro into the NEXT storyline!). What I really enjoyed about it was too was both how similar, and how different it is from the anime--which is nice since that means there are still some surprises in store for me :)

Plus, Book 1's aforementioned creep factor was toned down! And Toya and Yukito's awesomeness was bumped up! Bonus points all around!
Annemieke
Aug 23, 2014 Annemieke rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, manga, 2014, 5-star
I was so glad to have found this volume (and am beating myself not having gotten the third one as well).
Cardcaptor Sakura is such a nostalgia for me, having seen the show and having read various manga chapters when I was 14. It makes me feel al giddy reading it. Especially when seeing the pretty artwork pages.

Even now I still love it. Sakura is a good main character. She grows over the course of the manga, even just in this volume. At the start she needed others to not be scared and push on th
Lianne Burwell
Nov 05, 2011 Lianne Burwell rated it really liked it
This is the second of four omnibus editions collecting the entire series of Cardcaptor Sakura, although towards the end, you might think that this was actually the conclusion.

The last few cards are collected, Sakura goes through a test of her right to be the master of the cards, we get to find out more about the background of various characters, and hints are advanced of greater trials to come.

One of my favorite parts was the school play (other than the creepy romantic bits between the teacher a
Selena
For those who have seen the anime and never read the manga, the two are quite different, especially when you get to this point. It's worth it to read the manga and see where Cardcaptor Sakura all began.

This omnibus contains gorgeous illustrations that are at last in color! The original publications were "flipped" to read from left-to-right, and all the color illustrations were black-and-white. Here, the story is in its original format, with illustrations both in color and black-and-white, and en
Becky
Oct 02, 2012 Becky rated it really liked it
While I did not enjoy it as much as the first book, it was still entertaining. My four stars is because of the dialogue being worse in this book I thought. Also, the back and front of the book were made of a different cardboard than the first book. The first omnibus was shiny and this was not. The paper on omnibus 2 seems thinner and my book came bent which could be to do with the lesser quality card. The error on the second book back cover was fixed on this. The art in the book was superb and t ...more
Danni Wiggins
Feb 23, 2015 Danni Wiggins rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic re-release and re-translation by Dark Horse. :) It's hard to find any faults with this, except for the texture of the pages randomly changing, but that doesn't take away from the overall experience. Dark Horse once again makes what was a somewhat dated manga timeless in its lessons about love, friendship, and magic. I trust Dark Horse wholeheartedly with CLAMP's most ingenuous works, as they've already proven their mettle with Tokyo Babylon, that the only thing I really have to ...more
Chris Lemmerman
Jul 04, 2013 Chris Lemmerman rated it it was amazing
Beautiful artwork and a story that gets away from the formulaic capture per chapter approach make this second volume even more enjoyable than the first.

With some chapters just based around Sakura and her friends, and even some two part adventures before a four part finale, the pace is really amped up as our story reaches its first big conclusion. The resolution is a little disappointing, but not so much that it ruins the story, and there's still the ever-present humour that keeps things ticking
Sammie
Jul 31, 2015 Sammie rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, fantasy
Plot was less creepy plot than the previous volume, but not by much. I think these would be more enjoyable if everyone didn't want to bone each other all the time. At least half of this book is about people blushing while they stare at the person they want to bone. Also there is a lot of build up, but not a lot of action. It was a cute read, but not one of my favorites.
Kathryn
Aug 21, 2015 Kathryn rated it really liked it
Ok wow! After having the first omnibus for well over 5 years I have finally for the first time read the 2nd one! God damn this manga is just too cute and I had completely forgotten about Yukito and how important he was. It's been a long time since I watched the anime.

All the characters in this are so cute and the drawings of the cards in action are absolutely amazing. The best thing about these omnibus editions are all the colour pages!

We finally got details about why Li like Yukito so much but
Charlotte
Apr 20, 2015 Charlotte rated it it was amazing
a brilliant book, and a brilliant series. I grew up watching the American version of this anime but love the books so much more.
Carina
Nov 07, 2013 Carina rated it it was amazing
This volume continues on from the cliffhanger ending of volume 1, but it itself doesn't have a cliffhanger ending. Basically the first two omnibuses follow one story arc (or tankabons 1-6) whilst the remaining two follow the second arc(tankabons 7-12). This volume ties up most of the loose ends that we had and has very minor foreshadowing for the next arc. We are also introduced to the remaining Guardian - Yue (who I admit was my favourite both in the manga and the anime). As much as I like Yue ...more
Meaghan Steeves
May 14, 2015 Meaghan Steeves rated it it was amazing
Just keeps getting better and betterrrr :D
Aug 22, 2015 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love it <3 such an amazing manga series, finally read vol.2 of the new omnibus editions by dark horse, love the new, more accurate translation and love the extra artwork included, so pretty! <3 definitely recommend this series as well as the anime! <3
Alice
Mar 11, 2012 Alice rated it it was amazing
The second omnibus in the Cardcaptor Sakura series is so beautiful :) it's so clean and easy to read, and brilliantly drawn! I'd recommend this to anyone who enjoys reading manga.
Erin
Sep 26, 2014 Erin rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
I had forgotten a lot of the final card-catching story arc and enjoyed reading it. The omnibus was a good way to read as opposed to the three separate books it encompasses.
Hanna
Mar 27, 2013 Hanna rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
One of my favorite mangas of all time. Though this one does have the chapter with the "creepy" old man. Spoilers.
Jose David
Aug 02, 2013 Jose David rated it really liked it
love it ! but I wish they include all the cards but them again it was still good can't wait to read other 2 ;)
Child960801
Jan 29, 2013 Child960801 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Sakura's quest for the Clow cards continues. Lots of good fun.
Jessica
Aug 11, 2012 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, manga
Really loved the larger size and the color drawings.
Mage
Loved side character(s): Touya, Yukito, and Kaho
Kaylabookworm22 L
Jul 29, 2013 Kaylabookworm22 L rated it it was amazing
Loved it and look forward to reading more :)
  • Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 5 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Editions, #5)
  • Aria, Volume 3 (Aria, #3)
  • Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 7
  • Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Vol. 03 (Puella Magi Madoka Magica, #3)
  • Princess Knight, Vol. 1
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 3: To Sprout
  • Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, Vol. 02 (Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, #2)
Ookawa Nanase 大川七瀬
[born: 2 May 1967; bloodtype: A]

Mokona Apapa もこなあぱぱ
[born: 16 Jun 1968, Oosaka-metropolis, Kyouto; bloodtype: A]

Nekoi Mick 猫井みっく
[born: 21 Jan 1969, Oosaka-metropolis, Kyouto; bloodtype: O]

Igarashi Satsuki 五十嵐さつき
[born: 8 Feb 1969, Oosaka-metropolis, Kyouto; bloodtype: A]

CLAMP originally began in 1989 as a twelve-member dōjinshi circle, but by 1990, the circle had diminished from
More about CLAMP...

Cardcaptor Sakura (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 1 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #1)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 2  (Cardcaptor Sakura, #2)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 3 (Cardcaptor Sakura #3)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 4 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #4)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 5 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #5)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 6 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #6)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 1 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #7)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 2 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #8)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 3 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #9)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 4 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #10)