The Secret Warning

The Secret Warning (The Hardy Boys #17)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  1,252 ratings  ·  22 reviews
The owner of a gold pharaoh's head clains it was aboard a frieghter Hardank but suspicions arise that he is trying to defraud theshipping l ine's insurance company.
Published June 1st 1938 by Grosset & Dunlap (first published 1938)

Renne
Have to read another one in the future to see if my impression changes but, right now,I can say I liked it. I know it is geared towards teens and up but found it a littl on the basic end of things as far as plot goes. It was predictable and I like a book I can really get into. One that makes me think.
Samir
This book thought me an important lesson. I learned that it's a realy bad idea to try and cheat the govenment. It only ends up badly for you if you get caught.
♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme
I think the Hardy Boy books helped me with learning deductive and inductive skills. I had to work through logic. Who knew? I enjoyed all these books.
Ruthie Jones
I read the Hardy Boys books (and Nancy Drew) when I was a child. The stories are old fashioned, but that's why I like them so much.
Ian
The latest Hardy Boy adventure. Just started reading it to my sons - it involves a pirate ghost, which they love.
Madison Salem
So, one of my favorite bands parodies this book cover for one of their album covers, which just makes me happy.
Ron
Excellent series for young readers - highly recommended.
I read these books when I was 10 - 15 years of age.
Lisa
Hardy Boys 17: The Secret Warning (Hardy Boys) by Franklin W. Dixon (1938)
Valkyrie Oracle
My book has the same cover as shown in this listing but was published in 1994.
Sharon
Insurance fraud. I never realized how these books ran the gamut of topics.
Sally
Didn't even THINK about finishing reading it. It's HARDY BOYS. I mean come ON.
Meadow
Pretty fun story, interesting plot, but of course the are to perfect.
Jim Sampson
Another great Hardy boys mystery.
Marts  (Thinker)
Another good Hardy Boys mystery!
First and last Hardy Boys I ever read.
Kolan
Jan 25, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
SM
Corbin
Corbin marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Vishesh Gupta
Vishesh Gupta marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Dav
Dav added it
Jul 17, 2014
  • Double Crossing (A Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Super Mystery, #1)
  • The Mystery of the Deadly Double (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #28)
  • The Bobbsey Twins' Mystery at Meadowbrook (Bobbsey Twins, #7)
  • The Mystery of the Wandering Caveman (The Three Investigators, #34)
  • The Mystery of the Kidnapped Whale (The Three Investigators, #35)
  • The Mystery of the Smashing Glass (The Three Investigators, #38)
Franklin W. Dixon is the pen name used by a variety of different authors (Leslie McFarlane, a Canadian author, being the first) who wrote The Hardy Boys novels for the Stratemeyer Syndicate (now owned by Simon & Schuster). This pseudonym was also used for the Ted Scott Flying Stories series.
More about Franklin W. Dixon...
The Tower Treasure (Hardy Boys, #1) The House on the Cliff (Hardy Boys, #2) The Secret of the Old Mill (Hardy Boys, #3) Hardy Boys Complete Series Set Books 1-66 (The Hardy Boys #1-66) The Missing Chums (Hardy Boys, #4)