Start by marking “The Secret Warning” as Want to Read:
The Secret Warning

The Secret Warning (Hardy Boys #17)

3.76  ·  Rating Details ·  1,750 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
The owner of a gold pharaoh's head clains it was aboard a frieghter Hardank but suspicions arise that he is trying to defraud theshipping l ine's insurance company.
Published June 1st 1938 by Grosset & Dunlap (first published 1938)

Lauren Alise Schultz
"Jumping Jupiter!" "Leaping lizards!" "Sufferin' snakes!" Joe has a pretty colorful vocabulary in this particular Hardy Boys book!
Jack Tracy
May 06, 2015 Jack Tracy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Secret Warning by Franklin W. Dixon was my new favorite of all of the Hardy Boy books that I have read so far.
Frank and Joe had recently read about a sinking off the coast of Whalebone Island. They read that two ships ran into each other one was carrying a golden pharaohs head worth 1,000,000 dollars. The owner of it Mr.Zuphar was outraged with the incident. Mr.Zuphar phoned the Hardy's to solve the case. The Hardy's agreed to the terms and started the mystery that cause explosions, break i
Bearcatgary
This is yet another nautical Hardy Boys adventure that has Frank, Joe and Chet racing around in the Sleuth and flying up and down the East Coast to track down a missing Egyptian artifact. It's amazing how much the Hardy Boys uncover, while Fenton and Sam Radley work on the same mystery and accomplish almost nothing. I guess that is what make the Hardy Boys great.
Jitendra
Jul 30, 2015 Jitendra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice.
Joy Gerbode
Another typical Hardy Boys mystery ... but this one I had trouble following. Might have been other distractions, but usually I can read them straight thru and follow the "bad guys" but this one seemed to wander more than most.
Seema ♥Nerdgirl♥
It was good, but not THAT good, I've got to admit.
It was confusing and it had too many things to keep up with. I. Just. Didn't. Get. The. Mystery! Which was so frustrating. But what I liked about it is Frank and Joe's braveness and smartness, and of course, most important thing, brotherly love! My favourite part was when they were in Philadelphia to find their father and when they were staying at a hotel, someone knocked Joe down and he got dazed and then Frank helped him. That was my favourite
Devon Barrett
The secret warning is about a family of detectives who were while working on a case was constantly being pursued by criminals who are after the golden head of the Pharaoh Rhamaton IV that is valued at $1,000,000. The owner of the million dollar golden Pharaoh’s head claimed it was aboard the Freightor katawa which sank not too far from Whalebone Island. According to legend Whalebone Island was haunted by a blood thirsty pirate by the name of (Red Roger), however Joe and Frank hardy followed by t ...more
Renne
Mar 10, 2012 Renne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, franklin-w-dixon
Have to read another one in the future to see if my impression changes but, right now,I can say I liked it. I know it is geared towards teens and up but found it a littl on the basic end of things as far as plot goes. It was predictable and I like a book I can really get into. One that makes me think.
Meadow Frisbie
Sep 29, 2009 Meadow Frisbie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Pretty fun story, interesting plot, but of course the are to perfect.
Kolan
May 22, 2012 Kolan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
read when I was 10 through 13
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
I think the Hardy Boy books helped me with learning deductive and inductive skills. I had to work through logic. Who knew? I enjoyed all these books.
Ruthie Jones
Jul 25, 2010 Ruthie Jones rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read the Hardy Boys books (and Nancy Drew) when I was a child. The stories are old fashioned, but that's why I like them so much.
Madison Salem
So, one of my favorite bands parodies this book cover for one of their album covers, which just makes me happy.
Ian
Jun 30, 2011 Ian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The latest Hardy Boy adventure. Just started reading it to my sons - it involves a pirate ghost, which they love.
Sharon
Jan 09, 2010 Sharon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, boys
Insurance fraud. I never realized how these books ran the gamut of topics.
Samir
Dec 17, 2009 Samir rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: advisory-2009-10
This book thought me an important lesson. I learned that it's a realy bad idea to try and cheat the govenment. It only ends up badly for you if you get caught.
Lisa
Hardy Boys 17: The Secret Warning (Hardy Boys) by Franklin W. Dixon (1938)
Sally
Apr 14, 2008 Sally rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Didn't even THINK about finishing reading it. It's HARDY BOYS. I mean come ON.
Kristofer
Sep 06, 2015 Kristofer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In which the language is salty, the Boys are incredibly forgiving, and Mrs. Hardy is never home (the minx).
Valkyrie Oracle
My book has the same cover as shown in this listing but was published in 1994.
Ron
Aug 24, 2013 Ron rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent series for young readers - highly recommended.
I read these books when I was 10 - 15 years of age.
Tim Gannon
Tim Gannon rated it liked it
Oct 12, 2009
Michael
Michael rated it it was ok
Jul 20, 2016
William Land
William Land rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2015
Doctor Who Fan I♥♥DW
Doctor Who Fan I♥♥DW rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2013
Landon Herrick
Landon Herrick rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2012
Maria Ivek
Maria Ivek rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2015
  • The Last Resort (A Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys: Super Mystery #5)
  • The Secret of the Haunted Mirror (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #21)
  • The Killer Bear (Sugar Creek Gang, #2)
Franklin W. Dixon is the pen name used by a variety of different authors (Leslie McFarlane, a Canadian author, being the first) who wrote The Hardy Boys novels for the Stratemeyer Syndicate (now owned by Simon & Schuster). This pseudonym was also used for the Ted Scott Flying Stories series.
More about Franklin W. Dixon...

Hardy Boys (1 - 10 of 190 books)
  • The Tower Treasure (Hardy Boys, #1)
  • The House on the Cliff (Hardy Boys, #2)
  • The Secret of the Old Mill (Hardy Boys, #3)
  • The Missing Chums (Hardy Boys, #4)
  • Hunting for Hidden Gold (Hardy Boys, #5)
  • The Shore Road Mystery (Hardy Boys, #6)
  • The Secret of the Caves (Hardy Boys, #7)
  • The Mystery of Cabin Island (Hardy Boys, #8)
  • The Great Airport Mystery (Hardy Boys, #9)
  • What Happened at Midnight (Hardy Boys, #10)