Start by marking “The Wadsworth Anthology of Drama” as Want to Read:
The Wadsworth Anthology of Drama

The Wadsworth Anthology of Drama

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  7 reviews
THE WADSWORTH ANTHOLOGY OF DRAMA, BRIEF EDITION offers you a bold and most distinguished introduction to drama packed with exciting plays usefully situated within their historical and cultural contexts.
Published January 1st 2010 by Wadsworth Publishing Company (first published January 13th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Wadsworth Anthology of Drama, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wadsworth Anthology of Drama

A clear and concise history of theatre. This was actually the text book for my University degree in theatre so obviously holds a lot of information in it.

I think in terms of history of theatre I think you could read any history of theatre and get basically the same information, however this one gives clear examples and also holds full lec=ngth plays in it's pages to read and refer back to. Which is VERY handy.
Jessica Barkl
For anyone interested in an introductory course of the genre of playwrighting, this is a fabulous beginning. It covers all of the major Western/Eastern seminal works and also has many multi-cultural/revisionist history offerings. I adored teaching with it, and I can't recommend it enough.
Ricky German
I haven't read a ton of drama anthologies. However, I will say that I like this one for two reasons: A) It is a nice collection of important plays from each era in history, B) It gives good context for the shows. Plus, you get lots of good plays. I've definitely referenced this over and over.
A nice anthology for use in an introduction to Western theatre class. It's possible to teach almost an entire fairly well-rounded course from this book with just a few additions.
Nining Ngadimun
Textbook for Drama ENGL 1525 with fabulous Mdm Sheena!
Nining Ngadimun
Extra reading for Drama ENGL 1525.
Aaron marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2015
Shweta marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2015
Rose added it
Aug 07, 2015
Bobby marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Kasi added it
Aug 02, 2015
Xixi Wu
Xixi Wu marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Alex marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Jeremiah Keyes
Jeremiah Keyes marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Shondi Lottie
Shondi Lottie marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
William B. Worthen has a Ph.D., English literature from the Princeton University and a B.A., summa cum laude, English literature from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
He has published a number of works with focus on: Drama and performance studies, Modern drama and performance, Shakespeare.
He has received numerous awards and grants.
More about W.B. Worthen...