Start by marking “A Road Through the Mountains” as Want to Read:
A Road Through the Mountains

A Road Through the Mountains

2.95 of 5 stars 2.95  ·  rating details  ·  81 ratings  ·  8 reviews
From Elizabeth McGregor comes an unforgettably moving, richly layered novel with a timeless love story at its core. Beautiful, suspenseful, hauntingly erotic, A Road Through the Mountains tells of one woman’s extraordinary journey to a new life with the help of the man she thought she’d lost long ago—a journey that will take hold of your heart.

Anna Russell is a talented pa
Published April 27th 2004 by Bantam (first published October 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about A Road Through the Mountains, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Road Through the Mountains

Alison
From the book description: Anna Russell is a talented painter and single mother. Her daughter, Rachel, is a ten-year-old whose undoubtedly gifted mind is trapped by a form of autism known as Asperger Syndrome. When a car accident leaves Anna in a coma, both their lives—and the lives of all those around them—are changed forever. Across the Atlantic, David Mortimer receives an unexpected phone call from Anna’s mother. The scientist is stunned to learn that he’s a father. His long-ago affair with A ...more
Connie
A car accident leaves the beautiful artist Anna Russell in a coma. Her mother, Grace, calls botanist David Mortimer to fly from England to Boston. She informs him that Anna's child, Rachel, is his daughter from a university relationship. Ten-year-old Rachel, who has Asperger's syndrome, is gifted but finds it difficult to relate to other people. She is fascinated by maps and bridges.

When they were students and lovers, David told Anna of his dreams of going on a trip to China following the route
Lisa
The story started well and commentated on a mixture of two interesting and challenging topics but somewhere about 2 thirds of the way through the story fizzled away into nothing for me, loosing the thread and giving a weak ending.
Sue
I liked the back story of botanist Ernest Wilson who went to China and brought back all kinds of plants that are in our gardens today. It would be nice to think we might be related since there are Wilsons in our family tree.
Anna
I wanted to like this book a lot more than I did. I found myself skimming through the long descriptions of flowers and plants. It became tedious with too much description and not enough action.
Vikki
This is a new British author. A child has Aspergers. The mother is an artist and is in a car accident and coma. The girl's father is from England. Great story.
Annie Michelle
really liked this book...wonderful, courageous & romantic story
Lynne
May 02, 2009 Lynne added it
Recommends it for: romantics
I read it to learn more about Asperger's syndrome, which my 6 year old daughter was recently diagnosed with. It was good for this, but it was a bit of a cheesy romantic tale. It did involve a 10 year old girl with Aspergers, the mother in a coma, and the father never having been told he was her father being called in by the grandmother. It might appeal more to someone liking romances and definitely soap operas!! Still, it is light entertaining fare, and that is sometimes what is needed by anyone ...more
Tunica
Tunica marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Djnijeboer
Djnijeboer marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Tommy Verhaegen
Tommy Verhaegen marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Betty
Betty marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Brenda Knight
Brenda Knight marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Arushi Kumar
Arushi Kumar marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Maja
Maja marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Lina
Lina added it
Nov 08, 2014
Liliflaj
Liliflaj marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
______

Elizabeth McGregor is a pseudonym for Elizabeth Cooke. She also writes as Holly Fox.
More about Elizabeth McGregor...
The Ice Child The Girl in the Green Glass Mirror Learning By Heart Little White Lies Out Of Reach