Start by marking “The Final Detail (Myron Bolitar, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Final Detail (Myron Bolitar, #6)
Preview

The Final Detail (Myron Bolitar #6)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  9,763 ratings  ·  445 reviews
In this sixth novel in the award-winning Myron Bolitar series, Harlan Coben delivers a riveting powerhouse thriller—a twisting mystery of betrayal, family secrets, and murder.

Myron Bolitar’s colleague at MB SportsReps, Esperanza, has been arrested for the murder of a client, a fallen baseball star attempting a comeback. Myron is determined to prove Esperanza’s innocence—ev
Published March 22nd 2011 by Dell (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The Final Detail, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Final Detail

Cathy
Priyam Gopani
'The Final Detail' will keep you awake at nights and wake you up early in the mornings. It will make you push out people from your house so you can be alone and just immerse yourself deep into the book without any interruptions. Experience says so.

The story goes as such: Myron has run away with Terese to some unknown place and nobody knows where, not even his best friends Win and Esperanza. Sometime soon, Win arrives (even though he really didn't know where Myron was, he somehow knew - go wonder
Richard
8/10

I could have predicted the rating of this book before reading it. Coben has a knack of writing solid thrillers, lots of intrigue and good characters. Myron and Win are in fine form here even if the plot isn't as good as some of the others in the series.

Not one to read unless you've read the previous novel as there are a few plot threads that revolve around what happened in the previous book.

Coben is becoming my literature version of fast food. Quick and easy but fills the spot.
Grey853
Katie Rayl
Interesting. Not great literature, but any avid reader would know that going into it. The book is written to be a vacation read, and it is a clever little mystery. And while it won't win any awards for great writing, the author does throw some unexpected substance in there occasionally. He approaches body image issues, the effects of living in an increasingly self-obsessed society, and the unpopular notion of a positive parental relationship just to name three. Harlan Coben might not be my favor ...more
Ellen
The Final Detail by Harlan Coben.

Myron's vacation in the Caribbean is brought to a halt Esperanza is arrested for a murder. Esperanza has been at Myron's side through his many investigations and has proven herself to be loyal. As Myron's partner at MB SportsReps Myron must find the true identity of the killer.

There is only one obstacle in Myron's way in finding this killer...that is Esperanza. She has determinedly stated that Myron is in no way to uncover any facts in this case.

This story was a
Lyn Battersby
My first Harlen Coben novel and one that will keep me coming back for more. Well rounded characters and the right blend of mystery and reveal lead to a well realized plot and finale.
David
As usual Coben offers up a fine mix of twists, turns, and action sequences that make for a fine thriller. However, in this instance, Coben's work is even deeper than usual. This time, Coben offers a series of dialogues about morality that make one wonder if he has wandered into a debate team meeting. Right and wrong, sexuality, and life in general is discussed in different sections of the novel that not only fit into the story, but offer some serious food for thought.

Right in the middle of this
Phyllis
This was my 7th book to read from Coben's Myron Bolitar series. I haven't read them in order at all but I found it to be ok. While reading this book the characters came back to me. I just don't remember all the other scenarios in his other books since I didn't read them continuously. I jump to other authors in between.

Speaking about the characters. They are great. Myron is very comical/sarcastic and his comments make you chuckle throughout the book. You never know when they will show up. His bud
Harry
Beginning to exhaust my hunt for the loner, the hunter as a singular and main hero...a new trend seems to be emerging, the disassociation of the hunter and conscientious hero into two separate characters: the main character and his loner side-kick. Several authors embrace this genre motif: Robert Crais's Elvis Cole and his side-kick Joe Pike and of course Harlan Coben's Mylor Bolitar and his elitist side-kick Win.

Of this genre, Coben is probably the most adept at creating complex and winning cha
Alex
THE FINAL DETAIL (Pub. 1999) is Harlan Coben's sixth book in his Myron Bolitar series and his eighth published novel. It was a great read, but not my favorite of his.

The opening sucked me right in. I love the way Coben kicks it off with Myron Bolitar licking his wounds on a small island, ensconced with a woman he'd just met at a party, who was also looking for succor and escape. But the island retreat gets interrupted when Win shows up, with news that Myron's business partner, Esperanza, has bee
William Arsenis
THE FINAL DETAIL is Harlan Coben’s sixth book in the Myron Bolitar series. It stands alone, in its own right, like all books in a series should, but if you read the preceding books, it adds that much more to the character development.

As usual, Mr. Coben’s writing is wrapped around a very intricate plot. This master story teller almost never fails to surprise, and he definitely had me guessing right up to the very end.

Full of suspense, this is another great page turner.

What I like most about the
David
Although I enjoy the Myron Bolitar series, in some ways they can never be as suspenseful as Coben's standalone thrillers. One reason is that we pretty much know that Myron (and Win) will survive. Also because they follow Myron around, using the third person subjective voice, they very rarely cutaway to show what is going on at other locations. In contrast, Coben's standalone thrillers often play ping pong between two or more locations and sets of characters, enabling the author to end one chapte ...more
Cláudia
The 6th book in the Myron Bolitar series, another hard to put down book and that keeps you reading all night long.
Myron is still very upset with what happened in the previous book and I think that the constant talk about it prejudiced a little the book. We know it's a series and it's normal to have several referals to previous events and characters, but in this one I felt it was a bit too much.
The story is interesting as usual but a little weaker. Some twists and turns, the usual Myron humor th
Rushbug23
I usually like the Myron bolitar books but this one wasn't as animated as the others..this one seemed a lol slow and waaaaayyyy to serious and not enough action..myron was still being a wise ass and cracking jokes but it wasn't enough to carry the book...i found myself saying get on with it already..this one was about the baseball player getting killed. the author tried to twist it and turn and true enough you didn't know who did it til the end but it just wasn't there for me
Matan
In this summer I read the book "The Final Detail" by Harlan Coben. I chose this book mainly because I enjoyed reading another book of his, "Miracle Cure" earlier this year. Only after I had finished this book I found out it is a part of a series and it is the 6th book but I didn’t notice it and I understood most of the characters.
This book talks about Myron, a sports agent that is brought back from a vacation on the Caribbean's in order to help drop the charges against his friend and partner, E
Jodi
Myron was so shattered by the events in One False Move that he runs. His escape is not final however. Despite the fact that he didn't tell Win or anyone else where he was going, Win suddenly arrives announcing that he was needed. Esperanza is in jail, accused of murdering one of their clients. MB Sports Reps is falling apart without Myron at the helm and his parents are getting old. It is almost more than Myron can take. Esperanza, his best friend, won't talk to him, Frank Ache Jr. is poaching h ...more
Arwen
Not as impressive as 'One False Move'. Our hero is beaten within an inch of his life once too often and also this time round I was a bit unhappy with the millionaire financial wizz-kid whose hobby is murder and torture.
But the biggest fault for me is that Myron solves the murder without leaving the reader with the possibility of solving it too. (Or maybe I just missed something!)
Nevertheless an entertaining book, well drawn characters and a clever plot
Robin
While Myron Bolitar is on a tropical island forgetting all his problems, Myron's client, Baseball Star Clu Haid, was found murdered in his home. Esperanza is arrested and neither she or her attorney will talk to Myron. Determined to help her, Myron starts digging into the last days of Clu's life. Clue was Myron's first ever client who he helped out of scrapes to keep his career on the right path. Now Myron's investigation leads him to believe Esperanza was framed, and Myron was the real target.

A
Stephanie
This book was weak. I think it was too focused on Myron's shortcomings. Not that the idea of a sports agent who solves crimes with his preppy murderous friend is at all realistic but I'm rolling my eyes a ton at this book. Myron is almost unlikable.

I'm just not sure I get the hype about these novels. Nothing about them is particularly great.
Sherry
This is an easy beach read target for a male audience. It doesn't pretend to be great literature, and it isn't, but for a cheap and easy read it has clever dialogue and a mystery with some good twists and is better written than most in this genre. It gave me a few things to think about which I would never have expected.
Betty Marshall
I was exposed to the sports world as usual as well as the world of sex deviants,, bisexual and hard to define even although it was pointed out that they were either of one sex or the other.
Myron Bolitar shows his soft side as he shares his feelings about the aging process of his parents, his father especially. The murder rap of his chose friend and office partner shakes him to his core also. The main story is intertwined with the disappearance 12 years prior of the daughter of the owner of the b
Mike Kennedy
After finishing number five in the Myron Bolitar series, One False Move, I was extremely excited to continue the series. Unfortunately, The Final Detail didn't not entertain like One False Move did. It started off very interesting with Myron's business partner and close friend, Esperanza Diaz, arrested for murdering one of their clients. The premise is great, but the story seemed to take a long time to go anywhere. I did not find it all that interesting again until the last few chapters of the b ...more
Kristin
Ironically, I just finished a Michael Coben book (Trunk Music #6) where Harry Bosch tells his team that when they solve the mystery, it will be in the details, the details that they were looking at all along, right on the front of the report.

For The Final Detail by Coben, it was indeed in the details, but in this particular book the reader doesn't get to see them ahead of time. Instead, the reader is told piecemeal, usually after Myron figures out what was happening and goes to The Big Confront
Stephanie Alexandria
I really love Coben's characters; I care about them & really enjoy following them. The realistic mannerisms, traits and dialogue will keep me coming back, however my frustration with this book is the misplaced suspense; there are instances that are terribly drawn out unnecessarily. Some instances are just drawn out to a point that I don't even care what happens, because I am so tired of the characters beating around the bush. Suspense should wet the appetite...not leave it soaking wet withou ...more
Melinda
Not my favorite of the series. It was a little slow. Still overall a good read. I'll still have to finish the series.
Kenny McGinnis
A good book, but not my favorite Myron Bolitar story. At least read One False Move before starting with this one.
Leon Aldrich
I never tire of the back & forth zingers from Myron and Win.
Sandy Wood
I normally love Harlen Coben books. They are pablum but generally very enjoyable. At this stage (after reading maybe 10) I'd say go with the stand alone thrillers where anything can happen (usually does.) I'd skip the Myron Bolitar series although I do like Win as a character. You know Myron and Win will survive which takes some of the interest out. Myron is getting a bit annoying and the others, like Big Cindi, aren't too believable.

So read the stand alone thrillers like Just One Look or The Wo
Beth Ann
Another great book from Harlan Coben. Myron Bolitar, sports agent, begins the book on an island vacation trying to get away from it all but it comes and finds him despite his efforts to leave it all behind. Once back on the job in New York he is faced with trying to figure out how his partner and friend, Esperanza, has gotten into the trouble that she is in. The story weaves colorful characters into the storyline and kept this reader guessing. Definitely a book worth your while. Moral to the sto ...more
2015 Reading Chal...: Final Detail by Harlan Coben 6 14 Mar 16, 2015 07:10AM
Myron's younger brother?? 4 23 Aug 29, 2014 01:00PM
  • Chasing Darkness (Elvis Cole, #11)
  • Bad Guys (Zack Walker, #2)
  • Redemption Street (Moe Prager, #2)
  • Over the Edge (Alex Delaware, #3)
  • Live Bait (Monkeewrench #2)
  • The Concrete Blonde (Harry Bosch, #3)
  • Don't Look Twice (Ty Hauck, #2)
  • Harm's Way (Alan Gregory, #4)
  • Phantom Prey (Lucas Davenport, #18)
  • New Tricks
With over 60 million books in print worldwide, Harlan Coben’s last seven consecutive novels, MISSING YOU, SIX YEARS, STAY CLOSE, LIVE WIRE, CAUGHT, LONG LOST and HOLD TIGHT all debuted at #1 on the New York Times bestseller list and lists around the world. His books are published in 43 languages around the globe.

Coben is the winner of the Edgar Award, Shamus Award and Anthony Award – the first aut
More about Harlan Coben...

Myron Bolitar (10 books)
  • Deal Breaker (Myron Bolitar, #1)
  • Drop Shot (Myron Bolitar, #2)
  • Fade Away (Myron Bolitar, #3)
  • Back Spin (Myron Bolitar, #4)
  • One False Move (Myron Bolitar, #5)
  • Darkest Fear (Myron Bolitar, #7)
  • Promise Me (Myron Bolitar, #8)
  • Long Lost (Myron Bolitar, #9)
  • Live Wire (Myron Bolitar, #10)
Tell No One The Woods Caught Hold Tight Six Years

“It reminded him of the Sound of Music. Myron liked the ole Julie Andrews musical well enough. who didn't? but he always found one song particularly dumb. One of the classics, actually. My Favorite Things. The song made no sense. Ask a zillion people to list their absolute favorite things, and how many of them are going to list doorbells for crying out loud.

You know what, Milly, I love doorbells. To hell with strolling on a quiet beach, or reading a great book, or making love or seeing a broadway musical. Doorbells, Milly, doorbells really punch my ticket. Sometimes I just run up to people's houses and press their doorbells and, well, I think i am man enough to admit I shutter.”
4 likes
“Myron lay sprawled next to a knee-knockingly gorgeous brunette clad only in a Class-B-felony bikini, a tropical drink sans umbrella in one hand, the aqua clear Caribbean water lapping at his feet, the sand a dazzling white powder, the sky a pure blue that could only be God's blank canvas, the sun a soothing and rich as a Swedish masseur with a snifter of cognac, and he was intensely miserable.” 2 likes