Start by marking “Bedded by Blackmail” as Want to Read:

Bedded by Blackmail

"In his world, everything--and everyone--is for sale!"

In London, England, at the most glittering social event of the year, all eyes are on sexy South American billionaire Diego Saez. Already infamous for his astounding rise from rags to riches, Diego is convinced that everything and everyone can be bought....

Society heiress Portia Lanchester has been left penniless. Diego
Published April 1st 2005 by Harlequin Presents (first published February 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Bedded by Blackmail, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bedded by Blackmail

Ruthlessly Bedded, Forcibly Wedded by Abby GreenGold Ring of Betrayal by Michelle ReidThe Billionaire's Blackmailed Bride (Red-Hot Revenge) by Jacqueline BairdThe Innocent's Surrender by Sara CravenA Savage Betrayal by Lynne Graham
Best Vengeful Harlequin Heroes
39th out of 103 books — 82 voters
Echo by A. ZavarelliUltimatum by Gemma JamesEnslaved by Gemma JamesRetribution by Gemma JamesThe Devil's Kiss by Gemma James
14th out of 41 books — 26 voters

More lists with this book...

RomReader *Spoiler Giver*
Mar 23, 2012 RomReader *Spoiler Giver* rated it really liked it
Heroine doesn’t want to end up like the multiple women Hero has dated and tries to shake off his well-organized efforts to make her acquiesce to him by telling him bluntly that she’d never date somebody with a history like him. Hero takes this as a huge insult due to his poverty-striken past & is determined to make her eat her words. He blackmails her to be his lover until he’s done with her in exchange for saving her family’s very indebted bank, their beloved family estate which her brother ...more
KatieV
This is a premise I enjoy, but this one fell FAR short on the romance. In the best of these, the H/h get to know each other better during the blackmail affair and the H begins to see that the h is not the horrible person he thought she was and there are moments of tenderness/affection/thoughtfulness interspersed with all the misunderstanding and ass-hattery. Unfortunately, that's not the case here.

(view spoiler)
Akina
Sep 11, 2016 Akina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I own this paperback and have read it many times over the years. The first half of the book is my favorite. I love Diego's pursuit of Portia. His passive-aggressive behavior made me swoon.

However, when things take a darker turn and Diego plays his ace, I am a bit disappointed. If you yearn for something, and then finally get it, do you then treat it poorly? Plus the final chapter is too far fetched to be believable.

Yet, I still have to give this 4 solid stars because I have reread this book ma
Rexanne
Oct 14, 2015 Rexanne rated it it was ok
Meh. Typical cliche Harlequin :/
Nishtha

I can just say I didn't like the story.

I am giving the 2.5 stars just because I sort of liked the end.

The story started with a hero who thought he could get anything he want. He had a miserable past and he took no chances with the present.

The heroine of the story was confused throughout the story of whether she hated the hero or not. Portia was not a role model and she isn't in my favourite heroine list either.

The story is okay.

Uxia
Aug 30, 2014 Uxia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Everybody is talking about the lack of groveling in this book, but, In this case, I think the problem is more with the way they fell in love that with the groveling (that was insufficient anyway). I mean, there is no reeason why she would come to love him and viceversa. He is a total bastard to her every minute they spent together, there is no good and bad moments, only bad, and he thinks the worst of her till the very end, which is not likely to end in love feelings. The motions they display at ...more
Crystal
Jun 26, 2014 Crystal rated it really liked it
American billionaire Diego Saez used to be penniless and had nothing but now he is in London, England standing at a party where everyone can see him. He thinks that money will buy him whatever he wants. What he wants is Portia Lanchester, she used to be a society heiress but now she is penniless. She tells Diego that she will never be his and he now knows that he has to blackmail her so he can have what he wants.

This book made me sit back and think about what I would do if this happened to me. I
Se Mcgregor
Mar 18, 2016 Se Mcgregor rated it did not like it
So, I've been making my way through list of "Best Vengeful Harlequin Heroes". Most of them, so far, pretty good reads and then there was this one! Truly awful. How a book can get to a HEA stage with almost zero dialogue between the lead characters astounds me. Yep, pretty much zero conversation till the last 10 pages or so. She was nasty, how he treated her was unforgivable. There was almost nothing likeable about either of them. Don't you just love a heroine who is apparently a breatharian? ...more
Farah
I hated the plot and hated Diego .. he was horrible and the things he did were unforgivable .. Portia was a little hard to like too .. the book wasn't a pleasant read but the last scene was really good .. a tearjerker for sure I hated Diego but in that last scene he sorta of moved me .. his actions were still awful .. but the jerk made me tear up *growls*
Su
Jun 12, 2016 Su rated it it was ok
Not executed very well. Hardly any conversation in first hundred pages. Inner monologues are long and boring.
Karina Díaz
Aug 23, 2015 Karina Díaz rated it really liked it
A veces las apariencias engañan mas que la razón.
Eixel Morales
me costo demasiado terminarlo!
Yui
Oct 15, 2013 Yui rated it did not like it
Shelves: harlequin
boring.lots and lots of internal monologues not enough action or actual dialogues.
Jessica
Jul 05, 2016 Jessica rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read this when I was 16, and even then I was like "That ain't right". It coloured my judgement on all romance novels for a long time.
Susmitha
Susmitha rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2015
Valeria
Valeria rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2012
Jane Ann
Jane Ann rated it it was ok
Mar 05, 2012
FeliciaKaren
FeliciaKaren rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2014
Theo
Theo rated it did not like it
Jan 11, 2014
Cristel
Cristel rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2016
Annjelyn
Annjelyn rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2013
Sarah Mizanin
Sarah Mizanin rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2016
Ace
Ace rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2016
Jonker
Jonker rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2014
Maleka
Maleka rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2012
Majo
Majo rated it it was ok
Oct 08, 2013
Shannon V
Shannon V rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2015
Lily
Lily rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2012
Gwen
Gwen rated it it was ok
Jun 12, 2012
Radia
Radia rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Greek Boss's Bride
  • The Marchese's Love Child
  • Bought for the Frenchman's Pleasure
  • Love-Slave to the Sheikh
  • The High-Society Wife (Ruthless)
  • The Sheikh's Unwilling Wife
  • The Italian's Pregnant Mistress
  • A Sicilian Seduction (Red Hot Revenge)
  • The Italian's Blackmailed Mistress
  • The Millionaire's Marriage
  • The Frenchman's Love-Child (Brides of L'Amour, #1)
  • The Virgin's Seduction
  • Traded to the Sheikh
  • Expecting the Playboy's Heir
  • The Greek's Royal Mistress (Princess Brides, #2)
  • The Sicilian's Virgin Bride
Julia lives in England with her family. Mills and Boon novels were Julia's first "grown up" books she read as a teenager ("Alongside Georgette Heyer and Daphne du Maurier."), and she's been reading them ever since.

Julia adores the English countryside ("And the Celtic countryside!"), in all its seasons, and is fascinated by all things historical, from castles to cottages. She also has a special lov
More about Julia James...