Start by marking “Cat in an Ultramarine Scheme: A Midnight Louie Mystery” as Want to Read:
Cat in an Ultramarine Scheme: A Midnight Louie Mystery

Cat in an Ultramarine Scheme: A Midnight Louie Mystery (Midnight Louie #22)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  215 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Temple Barr, publicist extraordinaire, is itching to bring off her most dangerous and exciting assignment, helping to launch an endeavor that many a Vegas showmen have dreamed of: a Las Vegas mob museum/casino.

While city powers-that-be hem and haw over doing an official project on the subject, the Family Fontana plans to connect two hotels with a "Chunnel of Crime" featuri
Published August 3rd 2010 by Forge Books (first published July 26th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Cat in an Ultramarine Scheme, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cat in an Ultramarine Scheme

Mary Tonks
Again, I've chosen to begin a series near the end of the author's collection. Maybe that was a bad thing, but the book can stand alone with minimal confusion. I'm not crazy about the Temple/Max relationship, but Midnight Louie and his family are fun! Having visited the setting in April, I could relate to the plight of Lake Mead.
Mel
I am seriously getting put off by the author's nasty digs about a woman taller than the protagonist, and some very ugly talk about same. Brings the book from a 3 to a 2.
E.
Midnight Louie is back again, combined with the complicated life of Ms. Temple Bar, engaged to Matt Devine. An almost overwhelming melange of Fontana brothers, the Glory Hole gang, the mysterious Synth and the phalanx of felines calling themselves the Cat Pack are juxtaposed with Michael Aloysius Xavier Kinsella's search for his missing memories in Ireland. Nice cameos by several familiar characters but not a lot of resolution by the end of the tale.
Caryn
I just could not get into this book. I love Midnight Louie and I want to know what happens to him and everyone else, but this was not his best tale. I thought the murder was solved too easily...like, the murderer was revealed and that was that. I never saw it coming.

However, Louie's growing family is the best, and I loved the ending. Hopefully, the future mysteries will be more enjoyable.
Mary
One of my favorites in this series. On the surface, these books seem like frothy mysteries with a regular cast of characters and a very smart cat. But the author always includes a serious sub-plot to move things along. Plus, the heroine has two delectible men she must choose between. I am constantly changing allegiances as to who that should be!
Janet
Some authors tend to burn out over the course of these long series. Characters become stale, plots develop literary moth holes, and the overall style takes a steep nosedive. Douglas, I am happy to announce, is not one of them.
LaDawn
I've read all these books in the past year. Now I am going to have to wait as I have caught up to what has been written.
I like the sub-plots in the series. It's what has kept me coming back! And, I like the characters.
Julia Brown

The Midnight Louie stories are getting a little dull. The only reason I'm still keeping up with the series is to find out whether Temple chooses Matt or Max, and even that is getting tiresome.
Brett Bydairk
Another Midnight Louie (and Temple Barr) book, with several stories going on: the current murder, past mysteries, and how they play out, and Temple's love life, a mystery of its own.
Becky
I'm hooked, I have to find out what happens in this mystery series. If you have never read one f the Midnight Louie books, you really need to start with number 1. This is #23.
Sue
Another good mystery about Midnight Louie. I'm behind in the series, so I'll take this back to the library tomorrow and get the next one. A new one is due out soon.
Ann Goldfarb
Loved "Midnight Louie." Enjoyed reading a book that was written from the perspective of the cat as well as the narrator. Terrific cliffhanger ending!
Lucy
The threads are all starting to come back together, and it looks like the last few books in the series are going to be one hell of a ride.
Jamie
i tried really hard to get into this book. i just couldn't get into it.
Anne-Kathrine
Note 2

Enjoyed another good book in the series.
Melissa
Another good summer read. Love Midnight Louis.
Melony
hated it, could not finish it.
Jolene gregel
Jolene gregel marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Barb
Barb is currently reading it
Aug 29, 2015
aem
aem marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Megan Smith
Megan Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Amie
Amie marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Michelle Fernane
Michelle Fernane marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Ilkay
Ilkay marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Kpn
Kpn marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
Tazzykatt
Tazzykatt marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
  • Cat Striking Back (Joe Grey #15)
  • Hiss of Death (Mrs. Murphy, #19)
  • Karma's A Bitch (A Pet Psychic Mystery, #1)
  • Murder at the Feast of Rejoicing (Lord Meren, #3)
Carole Nelson Douglas is the author of sixty award-winning novels in contemporary and historical mystery/suspense and romance, high and urban fantasy and science fiction genres. She is best known for two popular mystery series, the Irene Adler historical suspense novels and the 25-book Midnight Louie contemporary mystery series. Delilah Street, PI (Paranormal Investigator), headlines Carole's noir ...more
More about Carole Nelson Douglas...

Midnight Louie (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Catnap (Midnight Louie, #1)
  • Pussyfoot (Midnight Louie, #2)
  • Cat on a Blue Monday (Midnight Louie, #3)
  • Cat in a Crimson Haze (Midnight Louie, #4)
  • Cat in a Diamond Dazzle (Midnight Louie, #5)
  • Cat with an Emerald Eye (Midnight Louie, #6)
  • Cat in a Flamingo Fedora (Midnight Louie, #7)
  • Cat in a Golden Garland (Midnight Louie, #8)
  • Cat on a Hyacinth Hunt (Midnight Louie, #9)
  • Cat in an Indigo Mood (Midnight Louie, #10)
Good Night, Mr. Holmes (Irene Adler, #1) Catnap (Midnight Louie, #1) Dancing With Werewolves (Delilah Street, Paranormal Investigator, #1) Six of Swords Pussyfoot (Midnight Louie, #2)