Start by marking “The Runners' Repair Manual: A Complete Program for Diagnosing and Treating Your Foot, Leg and Back Problems” as Want to Read:

The Runners' Repair Manual is the resource every runner needs to prevent and treat running-related injuries. Podiatrist Murray F. Weisenfeld offers crucial advice on injury prevention, explains the nature of common injuries, and provides clear, detailed advice for treating injuries. Easy to read and full of information, The Runners' Repair Manual will quickly become your g ...more
Published February 15th 1981 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published 1980)

To ask other readers questions about The Runners' Repair Manual, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Runners' Repair Manual

Patrice Sartor
After I was diagnosed with runner's knee, a friend loaned me this book. Sure, the illustrations are cheesy and super dated, and it's a bit weird reading examples from the '70s (are those people still alive? :O), but the information is still relevant and useful.

Strengthening my quads and smaller glute muscles was a focus of my physical therapy. I 'graduated' PT today, and also finished this book. I now feel armed with many tools to prevent such injuries in the future. Dr. Weisenfeld is a podiatri
Gerald Kinro
May 20, 2012 Gerald Kinro rated it really liked it
This is a practical, easy to understand guide to mechanical injuries suffered by runners. It begins with the basics—proper shoe selection and exercises for injury prevention. It moves to self-treatment of injuries that do not require a medical professional’s attention and a section of when to seek professional help.

I like this work and often use it for treating my own injuries. I would like to have seen a discussion of the ilio-tibial band (ITB) syndrome with its prevention and symptoms. The ITB
Eric T
Dec 21, 2007 Eric T rated it really liked it
Even though this book was orginally written in 1980, the author (Dr. Weisenfeld) discusses the most common and often nagging running injuries and best possible ways to prevent them. It also teaches you how to listen to your body for signs of injury.

Being a runner myself I use this book when I have pain or injuries. I find myself reading the different sections of the book two to three times a year. Would definitly recommend it for a new runner.

Jeannie
Jun 10, 2012 Jeannie rated it really liked it
I probably should have read this book as a new runner. It should be on the shelf of every new runner. Still learned quite a bit and it makes a good reference to go back to for aches and pains, injuries and stretching.
SueAnne Christman Beaumont
Apr 17, 2016 SueAnne Christman Beaumont rated it really liked it
I have read and thread this book several times but never front to back. This will be the first time I do so. As a seasoned runner coming off a 5 year hiatus this will be a great back to basics for me.
Patrn
Oct 04, 2013 Patrn rated it it was amazing
This has been my no.1 go to book for any running related issues. I started running 30 plus years ago, I used it a lot then, and still use it today!
Colleen
Colleen rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2014
Maria Weir
Maria Weir rated it it was ok
Jun 08, 2014
Dave Boyle
Dave Boyle rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2014
Jamie
Jamie rated it did not like it
Jul 14, 2014
Ann
Ann rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2009
Thad O'dell
Thad O'dell rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2014
Chris Clingenpeel
Chris Clingenpeel rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2008
Laura rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2009
Maryspera
Maryspera rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2014
W David
W David rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2014
Mario Ruberto
Mario Ruberto rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2013
chris
chris rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2007
Elizabeth Clor
Elizabeth Clor rated it it was ok
May 24, 2016
Bob Browning
Bob Browning rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2014
Daniel Aguilar
Daniel Aguilar rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2013
Joseph Simons
Joseph Simons rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2014
Theresa
Theresa rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2008
Brandee
Brandee rated it liked it
May 16, 2009
Jeffery Hickman
Jeffery Hickman rated it liked it
Nov 13, 2015
Bethany Rutledge
Bethany Rutledge rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2014
David Leifer
David Leifer rated it liked it
May 09, 2015
Henrik Lindberg
Henrik Lindberg rated it it was ok
Nov 11, 2012
Stacey B
Stacey B rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2012
S. L.
S. L. rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2015