Start by marking “Principles of Population Genetics” as Want to Read:
Principles of Population Genetics

Principles of Population Genetics

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Principles of Population Genetics, Third Edition, provides a balanced presentation of theory and observation for students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. In response to suggestions from students and instructors, the book has been trimmed more than 100 pages and rewritten with the goal to optimize its use as a teaching aid. It introduces the principles of genetics...more
Hardcover, Fourth Edition, 545 pages
Published March 30th 2007 by Sinauer Associates (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Principles of Population Genetics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Principles of Population Genetics

This is hard to rate, because I don't enjoy textbooks the way I enjoy fiction. However, this book got me through my preliminary examinations to become a PhD candidate. It is one of the best, most thorough, and most understandable genetics textbooks I've read. It's a must for students and other researchers in the field of population genetics. The newer editions even have chapters on population genomics and human genetics. This is an incredibly useful text!
Amanda
A useful reference with clear explanations. It was the recommended textbook for my population genetics class, but I only cracked it open once or twice for that. I will probably revisit it for my own entertainment/learning purposes sometime in the near future.
Jim

I wish I had the background needed to read and review this book.
Sahar
Sahar marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Risto Saarelma
Risto Saarelma marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Juan Ferro
Juan Ferro marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Josep M.
Josep M. marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Petras
Petras marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Lesli
Lesli marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Jocelyn Kleier
Jocelyn Kleier is currently reading it
May 13, 2014
Alexandre Pelembe
Alexandre Pelembe marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Alexandre Pelembe
Alexandre Pelembe marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Felipe Montalva pizarro
Felipe Montalva pizarro marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
Diego Melo
Diego Melo marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Al-sayed Mashaheet
Al-sayed Mashaheet marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Shikhar
Shikhar marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Juan M
Juan M marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Maria Lucka
Maria Lucka marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Yao
Yao marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Genetics: Analysis of Genes and Genomes Essential Genetics: A Genomics Perspective A Primer of Population Genetics Genetics Basic Genetics