Start by marking “The Ultimate Accidental Housewife: Your Guide to a Clean-Enough House” as Want to Read:
The Ultimate Accidental Housewife: Your Guide to a Clean-Enough House

The Ultimate Accidental Housewife: Your Guide to a Clean-Enough House

3.29 of 5 stars 3.29  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Bestselling author Julie Edelman returns with an essential guide about how to get your house clean--or, even better, just clean enough! Accessible, easy to read, and entertaining, The Ultimate Accidental Housewife(tm) gives you fun, simple solutions to all kinds of common household problems, from scrubbing the stove to spotting those stubborn laundry stains. With plenty of ...more
Published April 15th 2008 by Hyperion (first published April 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Ultimate Accidental Housewife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ultimate Accidental Housewife

Books Ring Mah Bell
2 stars for mentioning some green cleaners. That's all she gets.

I'm not your typical girlie girl. I have had one manicure in my life, forced on me by my friends. So, I could give a crap about "manicure friendly" this and that. That phrase was WAY overused in this book, I was cringing each time I read about "manicure friendly" and "breaking a nail". Shut the hell up about your nails. People are starving, woman!

In regard to removing non-slip decals from the tub, she wrote, "If the decals have been
amy
has some good advice, but i set my sponge on fire when i microwaved it to disinfect. my kitchen smelled awful and my husband thought i was nuts.
Ayiticherie
Meh. Didn't learn much. Gave it an extra star for the author's amusing writing style. It eventually became annoying though.

In all, there are better books about housecleaning. To be fair, I didn't read her first book but if it's like this one I'm not sure why it became a national best seller.

I DID however, picked up two things from this book: line your microwave and refrigerator with paper towels etc. to catch spills. So yes, I guess it was useful! :)
Christina
This book is not only totally helpful, but pretty fun to read, too. It's not a read from front to back kinda "novel," but it's a marvelous reference guide to all kinds of things for your household, esp. if you want to save time and/or prevent extra work in the future. Simple and enjoyable.

This would be a marvelous housewarming or wedding/commitment gift.
Susan
Helpful, slightly green, a little funny. Overall a good and useful read.
Lynda
Had some interesting information but not much I didn't already know.
Tiffany
I can't give this any stars. Nauseating.
Amandae Melton
Amandae Melton marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Samantha South
Samantha South is currently reading it
Jun 24, 2014
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
Samantha Trunz
Samantha Trunz marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Divya
Divya is currently reading it
Feb 22, 2014
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2014
Cindy
Cindy added it
Jan 01, 2014
Briana
Briana marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2013
Kimbra
Kimbra marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2013
Sharon Rollins
Sharon Rollins marked it as to-read
May 27, 2013
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2013
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2013
Eileen Harris
Eileen Harris marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2013
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2012
Desperate
Desperate marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2012
Felisha
Felisha marked it as to-read
May 23, 2013
Karen Oconnor
Karen Oconnor marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2012
The Suburban Eclectic
The Suburban Eclectic marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2012
Kristina  UK
Kristina UK marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
The Accidental Housewife: How to Overcome Housekeeping Hysteria One Task at a Time The Accidental Housewife Ultimate Accidental Housewife Once Upon a Recipe