Start by marking “Tainted Roses: A True Story of Murder, Mystery, and a Dangerous Love” as Want to Read:
Tainted Roses: A True Story of Murder, Mystery, and a Dangerous Love

Tainted Roses: A True Story of Murder, Mystery, and a Dangerous Love

3.14  ·  Rating Details  ·  29 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Prince Charming

Margie Danielsen, a divorcee and mother of three, had fantasies of finding the perfect man. Then one night, in a smoky country and western club, she found him. Sean Paul Lanier was charming, handsome, and kind-everything Margie had dreamed of.

A romance-with reservations

Soon after, their whirlwind romance took flight. Sean showered Margie with flowers, jewelr
Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Published May 15th 2005 by St. Martin's True Crime (first published March 15th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Tainted Roses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tainted Roses

Ice
May 12, 2010 Ice rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
A true, and highly disturbing, recounting of a wifes worst nightmarethe ideal husband revealed as fugitive murdererthat unfortunately provides a textbook example of how overheated, emotionally wrought writing will serve to obscure dramatic coherence. In 1988 Danielsen married Sean Paul Lanier after a rapid courtship. Handsome and romantic, Lanier was nevertheless a deeply odd character: He told outlandish tales about his background, possessed various official documents that failed to stand up un ...more
Shirley
Jun 12, 2009 Shirley rated it liked it
This book reads like it was written by a real amateur. Usually I don't finish books like this as I don't care for the style. I will say however,. because of the story I did read it all. It shows how easy it is to be conned by the best. A warning to everyone that you never really know someone else and the dark heart they truly have. How you can innocently put yourself and family in danger in the name of love. Always follow your first instincts.
Soapykitty
Oct 15, 2011 Soapykitty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-book
Not bad.It made me realize how cautious you need to be when you're dating someone you (or friends/family) know nothing about.I did think the ending was a little slow and dull.
Brooke
Jul 30, 2011 Brooke added it
This book wasn't bad, but I skipped over most of the second half, it just didn't hold my attention. I wouldn't recommend it.
Jennifer Martinache
Sep 15, 2011 Jennifer Martinache rated it liked it
It wasn't overly exciting but not too bad..I didn't care for all of the court testimony in the last chapters.
Carla Kraninger
Carla Kraninger rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2016
Jessica Young
Jessica Young rated it it was ok
Jul 02, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Laura Krokowski popehn
Laura Krokowski popehn marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Khawla Ahmad
Khawla Ahmad rated it it was ok
Mar 22, 2016
Michelle McCall
Michelle McCall rated it it was ok
Mar 21, 2016
Ashley Gay
Ashley Gay rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2015
Tamara
Tamara marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015
Julie Brown
Julie Brown rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2015
Sherry
Sherry added it
Feb 14, 2015
Stephanie Chu
Stephanie Chu rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2014
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Darcy
Darcy marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Tasmin Betty
Tasmin Betty rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2014
Sheree Cook
Sheree Cook marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Suzie Flohr
Suzie Flohr marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Janna
Janna added it
May 31, 2014
Tina Evans
Tina Evans rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2014
Brook Middleton
Brook Middleton rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2014