Tainted Roses: A True Story of Murder, Mystery, and a Dangerous Love

Tainted Roses: A True Story of Murder, Mystery, and a Dangerous Love

3.0 of 5 stars 3.00  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Prince Charming

Margie Danielsen, a divorcee and mother of three, had fantasies of finding the perfect man. Then one night, in a smoky country and western club, she found him. Sean Paul Lanier was charming, handsome, and kind-everything Margie had dreamed of.

A romance-with reservations

Soon after, their whirlwind romance took flight. Sean showered Margie with flowers, jewelr
Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Published May 15th 2005 by St. Martin's True Crime (first published March 15th 2000)

Ice
May 12, 2010 Ice rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: mystery
A true, and highly disturbing, recounting of a wifes worst nightmarethe ideal husband revealed as fugitive murdererthat unfortunately provides a textbook example of how overheated, emotionally wrought writing will serve to obscure dramatic coherence. In 1988 Danielsen married Sean Paul Lanier after a rapid courtship. Handsome and romantic, Lanier was nevertheless a deeply odd character: He told outlandish tales about his background, possessed various official documents that failed to stand up un...more
Shirley
This book reads like it was written by a real amateur. Usually I don't finish books like this as I don't care for the style. I will say however,. because of the story I did read it all. It shows how easy it is to be conned by the best. A warning to everyone that you never really know someone else and the dark heart they truly have. How you can innocently put yourself and family in danger in the name of love. Always follow your first instincts.
Soapykitty
Not bad.It made me realize how cautious you need to be when you're dating someone you (or friends/family) know nothing about.I did think the ending was a little slow and dull.
Brooke
Jul 30, 2011 Brooke added it
This book wasn't bad, but I skipped over most of the second half, it just didn't hold my attention. I wouldn't recommend it.
Jennifer Martinache
It wasn't overly exciting but not too bad..I didn't care for all of the court testimony in the last chapters.
Andee Schuck
Andee Schuck marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2013
Esmeralda
Esmeralda marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2013
Nicky Junge
Nicky Junge marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2013
Laura marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2012