Start by marking “The Rotten Adventures of Zachary Ruthless” as Want to Read:
The Rotten Adventures of Zachary Ruthless

The Rotten Adventures of Zachary Ruthless

4.32  ·  Rating Details  ·  37 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
The Rotten Adventures of Zachary Ruthless #1 by Allan Woodrow has descriptive copy which is not yet available from the Publisher.
Published May 2011 by HarperCollins Children's Books (first published April 26th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Rotten Adventures of Zachary Ruthless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rotten Adventures of Zachary Ruthless

Robert Kent
Jul 10, 2011 Robert Kent rated it it was amazing
The Rotten Adventures of Zachary Ruthless is a whole lot of fun and hilarious throughout. You're going to laugh at least once or twice every chapter and you'll fully enjoy yourself from beginning to end. Children are sure to love this tale of rottenness, but I suspect their parents will enjoy it equally. If "you're going to have a good time" isn't reason enough to read a book, I'm not sure what is.

Zachary Ruthless has big dreams of evil schemes, but he keeps being mistaken for a nice boy. I'll
Teresa
Nov 22, 2012 Teresa rated it really liked it
On a personal level, I'd rate this book 3 stars, but for its intended audience, I rated it 4 stars. Mr. Woodrow really nailed it for the 8-10 year old boys with this book. It's silly, fast-paced, and funny (in that 8-10 year old boys kinda way). If you're looking for logical actions and reactions and a literary tome, read something else, but if you have a 9 year old son or have the sensibility of a 9 year old boy yourself, check this out for a fun distraction. It's like Dr. Horrible for young bo ...more
Sheri
Sep 13, 2011 Sheri rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Wendy, Shauna,
Recommended to Sheri by: Sydney
I didn't really like this book about a boy trying to be rotten and evil and to get into the SOURBALLS club for evil. The short chapter book might appeal to boys in grades 3-5 though as Zachary is a ten year old. It is imaginative and gets right to the formula for doing things rotten. Sidekick is unlikely Newton who comes along to help.
Joenna
Oct 29, 2011 Joenna rated it it was ok
Shelves: did-not-finish
Ten-year-old Zachary Ruthless, who aspires to join the Society of Utterly Rotten, Beastly, and Loathsome Lawbreaking Scoundrels (SOURBALLS), acquires an inexperienced but earnest henchman and sets out to prove how evil he can be.

I don't know why, but I couldn't stand the characters.
Bdalton
May 24, 2011 Bdalton rated it it was amazing
Bwa-ha-ha-ha!
Bad boy, bad boy, what you going to do when they come for you? Get badder and badder.
Good recommendation for those who love the Captain Underpants series and other series with irreverent humor and less than perfect heroes.

Medeia Sharif
Apr 27, 2011 Medeia Sharif rated it it was amazing
Zachary is rotten and hilarious. This book brought a smile to my face. It seems to be geared toward middle grade boys, but the humor and fast-paced action would appeal to other people (like me).
Sydney
May 11, 2011 Sydney added it
Absolutely laugh-out-loud hilarious!!!! The elementary school crowd will love this fast-paced, quirky story. And I'm using it as a case-study on how to write great middle-grade humor.
Danielle
Dec 28, 2011 Danielle rated it it was amazing
This is a book kids will love! It was my favorite style of book as a young reader, with more than just the text to enhance my reading experience.
Sprunty
Sep 11, 2011 Sprunty rated it it was amazing
LOVE IT! Here are the deets:
Terry Johnson
hilariously creative ways to be evil - Zachary Ruthless and his henchman are super fun.
Charlie Dean
Jun 22, 2011 Charlie Dean rated it did not like it
I really hated this book. Huge type, and a dull storyline. Creepy cover, too.
Maryanne/MA
Cute middle grades novel that will probably appeal to boys.
Itzi C.
Itzi C. rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2016
Malachi
Malachi marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Margaret
Margaret rated it it was ok
Dec 19, 2015
Nishant
Nishant rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2015
Nadoo
Nadoo marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2015
Ibrahim
Ibrahim rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2015
Cecelia Jordan
Cecelia Jordan marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2015
Joanna
Joanna rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2015
Edric
Edric marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Hayley Elliott
Hayley Elliott marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Shawna
Shawna added it
Jun 27, 2015
Austin
Austin added it
Mar 26, 2015
Kaze Ourworld
Kaze Ourworld marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Sally East
Sally East rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2014
Epikdardar
Epikdardar rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2014
Bridget
Bridget marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Allan Woodrow grew up outside of East Lansing, Michigan and was cursed with a boring, happy and loving family, giving him nothing interesting to write about. He resented it for years. Despite this hurdle, he tried to piece together his Great American Novel but failed miserably. Meanwhile, Allan went into advertising, a career where writing and knowing nothing go together surprisingly well. He spen ...more
More about Allan Woodrow...