Blacklisted (Young Adult Alien Huntress, #2)

Blacklisted (Young Adult Alien Huntress #2)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  1,206 ratings  ·  69 reviews
Alien hunting can get a girl killed. It can also get her a date.

High school senior Camille Robins and her best friend are determined to snag the attention of their crushes before graduation next month. Armed with red-hot outfits and killer hair, they sneak into the hottest nightclub in town -- which caters to the rich and famous, both human and alien. They end up follow...more
Published (first published July 17th 2007)

Naomi Lahn
I've read the YA Alien Huntress series in one day and I loved it!!! I really liked the first one, Red Handed, but this one was much better for me.

Blacklisted was TOO SHORT. That is a damn shame but it was so good! This is Erik's story, we see him in book #1 but we don't really know him... well let me tell ya, I fell in luv.
Erik was strong, brave, loyal, loving... I did not know what to expect from Blacklisted because he was against the good guys in it and against the other characters that I came

Irene
Would you be able to quit being an A.I.R. (Alien Investigation and Removal) agent into a lawless dealer in Onadyn (a drug that is used to help save the lives of aliens, but can ruin a humans life) to save a criminal alien’s innocent family members? Even if it would mean that everyone you used to know and love would end up turning against you and try to kill you now. This is the life changing decision Erik makes. Will he regret it? Blacklisted is a new and interesting twist to the sequel of Red H...more
Cristy
I'm not going to lie, initially I was disappointed when I first started reading BLACKLISTED (YA Alien Huntress #2) and realized that the main characters Pheonix and the other hunters from the first book barely made a showing. But it wasn't long before I became completely immersed in Erik and Camille's story. For me really, this second installment felt more like a companion book then a sequel.. although obviously connected to the first book, RED HANDED, the focus completely shifted from training...more
Diane ϟ [ Lestrange ]
Thrillingly dangerous, Deliciously seductive packed with intense actions.

Why am I always reading some books not in order? I know this is not a continuation story but in the first book of YA alien huntress there are some characters that also in here and I wanted to read so badly.
This is fast reading novel for me, one minute I started reading the second I already finished it.
I never have expect anything in this book, I thought that its just other books of paranormal-dark-seduction and the first bo...more
Janice (Janicu)
Blacklisted centers around an ordinary girl named Camille with a huge crush on Erik, who goes to her high school. She and her best friend sneak into a nightclub that they heard he was going to be. Erik isn't happy to see her because he's involved with drugs, and he needs to lose the tail of A.I.R. agents watching him. Unfortunately Camille proves to be more resourceful than he expected. Erik has a reason for why he's doing what he does, and he doesn't want to involve an innocent, but her actions...more
(Kelly)~Got Fiction?~ Oakes
Okay, I had to read this book because is was part of the Alien Huntress series BUT it is from the Young Adult section.
I guess this can be considered "G" rated compared to some of Gena's other works.
It was however a sweet story with action, mystery and a little heat. There was one "O" in the book.
Definately worth the read if you are taking in all the Huntress series.

Read on...
Laurie Bongiorno
2.4 Stars. Hum, the ending was sorta decent/fairytaleish, though incomplete.. will Erik be allowed to go to collegeand fight alien rights with Camille? He did kill an agent who was attacking Camille-can't let that go, right?!? We don't know! Why wasn't this "great guy's" gun on stun during the shootout with his prior friends/commrads?? I also didn't like the way they made the AIR and the characters we met in the first book out to be such blood thirsty assholes in this one. I would not have conti...more
Jen (Red Hot Books)
Gena Showalter's "Blacklisted" is a YA novel set in the Alien Huntress world. Our hero is Erik, who was a secondary character in the previous book, "Red Handed." When we saw him last, he was on the run, branded a drug dealer. His heroine is 18 year-old Camille, a regular girl with a crush on the wrong boy. She tries to get close to Erik, and gets thrown inside a world she didn't know existed.

PLOT SPOILERS:
Camille has an uber-crush on Erik, who she has seen in the halls of high school. She and a...more
Jessica
Alright...I have to be honest. I didnt really want to read this. After reading the back cover and believing Erik could betray AIR I couldnt imagine liking him and cheering him on like I would with Ryan. Mmmm Ryaaan..... Oaky, sorry Im back.

This ended up being really good, with a great cause to it. Hoorah to Erik and Camille! For standing up for what you believe in no matter what happens.

I do have to say that I am really dissapointed in everyone in AIR for not listening to Erik when this whole is...more
JoYee Chu
I can safely say that the cover was NOT what got me to take this book off the library shelves. There's something about the goth element suddenly introduced to blue or any other colour but red and the tone white (yes, i'm one of THOSE people) that irks me. But the type caught me off guard and i turned for the back and read the blurb. I think i've read Gena Showalter books before, but i'm not sure.

I think i'm somehow soft to a book when it starts off with two underaged American girls trying to ge...more
Debbie
After Erik Trinity had been kicked out of the A.I.R. (Alien Investigation and Removal) for being caught with Onadyn (a drug designed for alien use), he became Erik Troy and went back to school in the hopes of finding a new source for Onadyn. He found one and a new friend in an alien named Silver. Following the guy she was crushing on to a nightclub had sounded like a good idea when Camille Robins and her friend Shanel started the night out. When Erik had given her a blank napkin and then disappe...more
Cassandra
Review by Cassandra from Book Talk

High school seniors Camille Robins and her best friend are determined to win the attention of their crushes by whatever means necessary. While dressed in hot outfits and killer hair, they manage to sneak into the hottest nightclub in town that caters to both human and alien. They end up tracking down Erik (a human) and Silver (an alien) and then following through a guarded door, to then be separated and attacked. Bad boy Erik saves and spares Camille's life, but...more
Hanulla
Camille je hodná holka. Jenže i hodné holky chtějí na rande. Se zlými kluky. Když Camille a její kamarádka Sheila namluví rodičům, že zůstávají u své další kamarádky, nikdy by netušily, jak jim jeden večer může zkomplikovat a převrátit život naruby.
Úsměvy nasadit a prsa vypnout, jde se totiž do nejprofláklejšího klubu ve městě, kde by měly být jejich cíle Erik a Silver.
Ony ale nemůžou mít tolik štěstí, že by si jich kluci všimli a pozvali je na drink. Při pokusu o upoutání pozornosti se Camille...more
Brittany M.

Just as fast-paced and exciting as it’s predecessor, Blacklisted is an excellent addition to Gena Showalter’s Alien Huntress YA series. Favourite characters are back and new ones are created, though this time readers will find themselves on the opposite side of the agency known as ‘A.I.R.’

This one features on Erik Trinity – or as he’s now called, Erik Troy – and a young 18 year old girl by the name of Camille Robins, who is now our heroine. Fans of the previous couple, Phoenix and Ryan, will b...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jocelyn Pearce for TeensReadToo.com

This second book in the TEEN ALIEN HUNTRESS series, following RED HANDED, is not a direct continuation of that story. Familiar characters make an appearance, but really this is just another book taking place in that same well-created world of the first. That said, it's well worth reading, too!

BLACKLISTED is about Camille, who is a pretty average teenage girl. With her best friend, Shanel, she sneaks into a nightclub, trying to catch the attention o...more
Karissa
This was the second book in the Teen Alien Huntress series by Gena Showalter. As far as I could find there are not anymore young adult books planned in the Alien Huntress series at this time. I didn't like this book nearly as much as the first one, Redhanded, but it was okay.

Camille Robins and her girlfriend go to a nightclub chasing after some boys from high school. Camille is interested in Erik (who was in Redhanded) and is ecstatic when he passes her a note in the club. When she finds out the...more
Tez
Karin
Blacklisted is the second novel in Gena Showalter's young adult Alien Huntress series. In Red Handed, the first novel, we met Phoenix, a fiesty girl who was recruited to serve in the AIR - Alien Investigation and Removal - a law enforcement organization established to protect humans after aliens came to earth and started living side by side with them.

Blacklisted follows Erik, a recruit we met in Red Handed. He finds himself on the other side of the law. Erik now sells Onadyn, a drug needed by so...more
Holly Lee (Bellas Novella)
When I was in High School I was a big fan of MTV Books. They started with "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" and moved forward with one hit and then another. I wouldn't be much of a reader today had I not gotten hooked these books in High School.

As I moved on to college I kind of forgot about the Simon Says Pocket books I used to adore. While I was in the dark, over a hundred new ones came out. Some sound far too young adult for me to enjoy, but others sound downright exciting!

I found Gina Showal...more
Kelly
I liked book 1 in the series but I wasn't particularly blown away by it. For all the action and alien-style shenanigans, I thought it lacked tension as far as the "will she, won't she" make it in this alien hunting group. This book, though, didn't have that problem. When the action starts moving, it builds and builds and builds the tension until things reach critical and pop. Annnnnd... there's some sexy touching, which totally works for me. TOTALLY.

In the beginning, Camille is sweet and entirel...more
Jenny
Blacklisted is one of those teen books that starts you off with a normal teenager who suddenly ends up in a bizarre situation, much like in All-American Girl by Meg Cabot. In this novel, Camille Robins with her best friend, Shanel Stacy, sneak into a nightclub and they end up getting a little attached to two boys whom they have just met—Erik and Silver. While at the nightclub, Camille and Shanel get involved with the Alien Investigation and Removal team! It is a very strange twist, especially w...more
Nícky
Nooooo!!!! Odio que un libro brillante se acabe!! Ha sido.... espectacular. Todo él! Desde el principio con un Erik traidor, ver que realmente no era lo que parecía, darte cuenta que amaba a Camille desde el primer día en que la vio, esa lucha en el laboratorio donde cada uno quería salvar al otro pero era imposible hacerlo hasta el final, el saber que ella testificaba a favor de él mientras Erik hacía un trato para salvarla a ella. Brillante! espectacular....
Ronda
Feb 02, 2013 Ronda rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: Definitely younger people but also to Alien Huntress readers
Shelves: paper-backs
Another good storyline from YA Alien Huntress, not as captivating for me as Red Handed but still a good, continuous flow that lets us see the story progressing forward.

I done a complete turn around with this one... A.I.R went into my bad books (and are actually still there considering their reactions and antics here), I went from disliking Erik's intent to commending him and I ended up really liking softy school girl/come young lady Camille!

I have no doubt that the younger generation will love t...more
Suki
This book was about a girl named Camille and how her last year in high school surprises her and her friend. They wanted to do something special as they spend their time in high school for the last year and then moving to college. One day, they decide to go to the "hottest" nightclub in their town and there is where they meet two guys. One guy was named Erik and the other was Silver. What the two girls didn't know was that one of these guys were human and the other was alien. As the book progress...more
Shannon
Okay, so I thought this book was the first in Gena Showalter's Alien Huntress series, but I guess not... I read this book first (I haven't gotten to Red Handed yet). Either way, I didn't find anything off about the storytelling -- no places where I didn't understand something.

Anyway, after reading OH MY GOTH, I was not expecting to enjoy this book as much as I did -- I'm surprised that I even gave Gena Showalter another try, thinking back on it. But I'm glad I did. It was such a step up in writi...more
Tatiana Vila
Gena Showalter proves me again that she's one of the greatest authors out there! Though Erik's physical change was kind of a shock at the beginning (I was still expecting the cute guy with green eyes and dark hair), it turned out to be okay. His reasons to do this go beyond skin-deep matters, which somewhat at the middle in the book start being obvious, and they just show how good he is.
The story is fast-paced and enjoyable--the car chasing, the fights, the aliens, the weapons and, of course, th...more
Book
What can I say this book was listed as the fourth book to read in the alien huntress series. On this website it is listed as the 2nd book in the teen series. I read it in order according to Gena Showalter's site. This is definately a toned down book for the purpose of the teen audience, but I still like this series and found this book entertaining. Again the ending was a little dissapointing because again when they get together is a brief mention. These teen books were entertaining and these cha...more
Yvonne Boag
Camille has a crush on Erik who of course doesn't know that she exists. The book starts with Camille and her best friend getting into a nightclub that they know Erik and his best friend Silver will be at. Silver is an alien, there are quite a few of them on earth. Many can't survive without a certain drug, which the government regulates. Camille follows Erik through a door and in doing so will change her life forever.

It's very fast and full of action. The dialogue could have been a lot better bu...more
Grace Tau
I really enjoyed the first book of the YA version of alien huntress and I was pretty miffed about the fact that the story does not continue with phoenix's story.

instead phoenix is replaced by a girl called Camille Robbins. I did not like her at all. she's too desperate, too whiny and too obnoxious. I felt a sense of irritation whenever she talks. Yes I get it that you like the guy, but it seems like she's trying to hard to please him and see her in a different light, it doesn't seem nature.

The...more
Lacy♪ ♫Movements of a Demigod ♪ ♫
In the second YA Alien Huntress book another teen has a run in with A.I.R. that will change her life. Camille gets a little more than she bargained for when she lies to her parents one night to follow her crush. Camille finds out that Erik has feelings for her too, but also gets pulled into his world where he is on the run for dealing Onadyn. Once again we get the action and romance that Showalter does so well in a story that you just can't stop reading.
Gena Showalter Fans: Blacklisted (YA Alien Huntress #2) 1 7 Jul 23, 2012 01:19PM
  • Mysteria Lane (Mysteria #2)
  • Darkness Divine
  • Desire the Night
  • My Wicked Vampire (Castle of Dark Dreams, #4)
  • To Catch A Vampire (A F.R.E.A.K.S. Squad Investigation, #2)
  • The Bodyguard (Includes: T-FLAC, #14.5)
  • Bewitched, Bothered & BeVampyred
  • Bewitched, Bothered & Bevampyred 2: Fangs Again
  • Muse
  • Watch Over Me (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #9) (Goddard Project, #4)
  • Grady's Awakening (Resonance Mates, #4)
  • Deep Kiss Of Winter (Includes: Immortals After Dark, #8; Alien Huntress, #4.5)
  • The Darkness Beyond (Paladins of Darkness, #8)
  • A Little Bit Pregnant (Silhoutte Special Edition. #1573)
  • Villere House (Blood of My Blood #1)
  • Beyond The Shadows (Realms Beyond, #2)
  • Drive Me Wild (The Others, #7)
  • Chaos Forged
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty books in paranormal and contemporary romances, as well as young adult novels. Her series include White Rabbit Chronicles, Angels of the Dark, Otherworld Assassins, Lords of the Underworld, Alien Huntress and Intertwined.

Her novels have appeared in Cosmopolitan Magazine, and Seventeen Magazine, and have been transl...more
More about Gena Showalter...
The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld, #2) The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld,  #3) The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld, #4) The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld, #5)

“Sometimes there are good reasons to do bad things.” 48 likes