Start by marking “Poor Rich” as Want to Read:
Poor Rich

Poor Rich

Asthmatic, reclusive genius Rich Cameron has grown content with his sheltered life until one day the allergies that have plagued him since childhood suddenly disappear. With the help of a caring psychiatrist and an irreverent parrot named U2, Rich sets out into a strange new world.
Published July 16th 2010 by Savant Books & Publications LLC

To ask other readers questions about Poor Rich, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Poor Rich

Jules
Aug 10, 2010 Jules rated it it was ok
I was enjoying this book initially. Rich is more plagued by his own family's neurosis than anything else. It was fun listening to his narrative as he did his day to day stuff and described his life with divorced parents who shared him quite well. One of his major problems seemed to stem from his stepfather Steve's homophobia. Rich's father realized he is gay, left Rich's mother and lives happily with his partner Brian. Rich has a great relationship with most of the players, except Steve. Rich's ...more
Kayla
This book was sent to me for review over the summer. I tried to start it then, but kept putting it off for books with faster plots. I finally settled down to read it around a month ago.

Rich is certainly an interesting character. He hasn’t made many friends, hasn’t done so many things normal kids and teens do because he used to be allergic to pretty much everything. When the allergies disappear, he has to try to figure out the world and his new place in it.

The book did have its good moments. I li
Sarah Sammis
Feb 02, 2013 Sarah Sammis rated it did not like it
Poor Rich by Jean Blasiar is about an asthmatic teen who is trying to fit in. When his asthma suddenly seems to vanish he sees his opportunity to make something new with his life. Part of this involves writing poetry and short stories.

The first half of the book is written in first person from Rich's point of view. It's in a style somewhere between Jean Shepherd and Allen Zadoff. There's a family crisis (Dad leaving because he realizes he's gay) and a parrot (U2) who has more personality than any
Ami Blackwelder
Feb 06, 2011 Ami Blackwelder rated it it was amazing
I was sent this book for an honest review. I must say I loved the book! The author Jean Blasiar certainly has a way with words. Details rang true, descriptions that did not bog down the wording. Dialogue that sounded genuine and a few embedded letters adding to the story.

With a hint of humor, and an interesting main character who is a recluse genius, he must venture off in the real world when his allergies clear up. Very interesting and page turning adventure. If you enjoyed stories like Rainma
Darian 。☆.°
Darian 。☆.° rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2016
Heather Kegler
Heather Kegler rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2010
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2010
Mary
Mary added it
Aug 08, 2010
Meagan Catherine
Meagan Catherine marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2010
Dawn Embers
Dawn Embers marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2011
Lefa
Lefa marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2011
David
David marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2011
Jacqueline
Jacqueline marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2011
Ruth Hill
Ruth Hill marked it as to-read
May 22, 2011