Start by marking “The Book of Faeries: A Guide to the World of Elves, Pixies, Goblins, and Other Magic Spirits” as Want to Read:

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  70 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Here's a charming and inspirational guide to the history and folklore surrounding faeries, and an examination of the meanings that these mythic beings have acquired in many cultures. Tradition defines faeries according to different general categories, which include nature spirits, helpers, tricksters and seducers, and angelic faeries. The author summarizes the long history ...more
Published April 1st 2002 by Barron's Educational Series (first published March 31st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Book of Faeries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book of Faeries

Cathy Denton
This was a cute book to read. The pages have delightful illustrations and the layout of the text on each page is unconventional but still easy to read. The information is indexed in a way to be fairly easy to find the type of faerie/little people you are interested in. I thoroughly enjoyed my romp through the land of Tir Na N'Og- the land of the ever young!
Beautiful artwork. It's even got a little rituals and recipes section in the back :)
Pretty little book of faeries, in all their different forms. Breaks down in to chapters by elementals, good faeries with a few specifically, bad faeries specifically, angelic faeries, and recipes, spellworks.

Colorful and light-hearted.
It was informative and everything I read was new to me but I think it's more a book for younger readers and just for fun as opposed to a book used for information purposes.
Sep 08, 2014 Mevurah rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
Loved this book! The illustrations are beautiful! I must own a copy! :)
an interesting insight into the faerie world, from djinn to devas.
Yes Karina, I still believe in faeries :)
Fallon Beaulieu
Fallon Beaulieu marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2015
Astrid Serrano
Astrid Serrano marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
her syllabus
her syllabus marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Shirley Andrade
Shirley Andrade marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Steph Battista
Steph Battista marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Heather marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Rachel Payne
Rachel Payne marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Kaari Uninvited
Kaari Uninvited marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Theia marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014