Start by marking “Bedtime Stories: A Collection of Erotic Fairy Tales” as Want to Read:
Bedtime Stories: A Collection of Erotic Fairy Tales

Bedtime Stories: A Collection of Erotic Fairy Tales

3.16 of 5 stars 3.16  ·  rating details  ·  284 ratings  ·  45 reviews
All-new! Fairy tales retold with an erotic edge, by the national bestselling author of the Sons of Destiny series.

Jean Johnson sneaks between the covers of such classic fairy tales as Beauty and the Beast, Puss n' Boots, and Sleeping Beauty, and refashions them into bedtime stories for adults only. With clever gender twists, hot fetishistic turns, other-worldly desires
Published (first published March 31st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Bedtime Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bedtime Stories

Jim
What a treat! I rarely read an erotic story or a fairy tale, so this was quite outside my normal reading. I don't even know why or how I wound up with it on my ereader, but I'm glad I did.

The fairy tales are:
Sleeping Beauty
Beauty & the Beast
Puss-in-Boots
The King Who Heard A Joke

The settings varied with some being rather traditional fairy tale settings, others were SF stories & some we
Praj
I have learnt a ruthless lesson! Never procure anything that screams EROTICA while I am PMSing. It’s reminiscent of waking up next to your imbalanced ex-boyfriend after a night of drunken bliss fancying that you would have rather fucked a maggot.

Crammed with inane foreplay banter and oodles of exasperating vanilla sexual antics, it made the antiquarian Grimm brothers seem more arousing.
Arec
I love erotica. The only thing I love reading more than erotica is fairytale erotica. I had high hopes for this book, and while the book didn’t meet the expectations that I had, it pleasantly surprised me. I was expecting something along the lines of what Nancy Madore writes about. Instead, I received a handful of very creative stories that were expertly written.

Not all the stories actually had sex in them, yet did have something that made them erotica. Each story also had its own world, stor
Patrice
The Frog Prince :/
The Courtship of Wali Daad :)
The Princess on the Glass Hill :/
Snow White :)
Sleeping Beauty :)
Beauty and the Beast :)
Puss in Boots :)
The King Heard a Joke :(

I noticed in a lot of the stories that the title of the next story was mentioned or referred to. It was also odd that it contained a lot of fairytales that I didn't know (Courtship of Wali Daad, Princess on the Glass Hill and the King Heard a Joke) since I'm kind of a fairytale fanatic. The downside of fairytales is that the
Darcy
I am not a big fan of people sexing up fairy tails, so it was with reluctance I picked up this book. I do like this author so thought I would give this one a try.

For the most part these stories had only a vague similarity to fairy tales and while they are labeled as erotic and contain sex in them they have an oddly innocent air to them.

I found my favorites were The Courtship of Wali Daad, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves (which is set in her Sons of Destiny world), and Beauty and the Beast. I wi
Marsha
While these stories did give a naughty slant on various fairy tales, I found myself dissatisfied at the passive roles given for many of the women involved. They were often placed at the mercy of or in the hands of the males around them. They weren’t made slaves but they were forced to submit to the men in their lives in order to find release or satisfaction. It didn’t appeal to my tastes at all, although I will admit that the erotic quotient was neatly placed within the context of the stories. I ...more
Jackie

This collection of stories consists of 8 fairytale spinoffs. The collection is best read in order because each one refers to the other. Overall, I think this was a fun collection. Even though I read erotica, I’m typically not into fairy tale spinoffs but my GR friend recommended this book so I went for it. For the most part these tales are witty and fun. Some of the tales take place in a fantasy world, others are sci-fi and others are set in worlds the author has previous books for. I haven’t re
Wendy
Jun 23, 2011 Wendy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those who like fantasy/sci fi
Shelves: light-bdsm
Being a fan of romance, I was intrigued to read this book. I thought the idea of adding adult themes to childrens' stories was a great idea. I only paid $3.99 from the last-chance-section at my local Barnes.

This book reminded me why I'm not a fan of fantasy/science fiction. Just doesn't blow up my skirt. I don't want to think about diffent solar systems, aliens, civil wars and the like.

Only two or three did not have this theme. They contained elements of magic, talking frogs, fairy princes, an
gremlin
I read a lot of fairy tales growing up, and I did enjoy these adult versions. They did all have some sexual content, but they weren't all that spicy.

The Princess on the Glass Hill is one of the fairy tales I liked best way back, and I enjoyed this sci-fi twist to it. I also enjoyed the creativity in the other two with a sci-fi slant, Beauty and the Beast and Sleeping Beauty.

Snow White gave us a glimpse of a couple of the Destiny brothers, which was fun.

The Courtship of Wali Daad was sweet, and t
Gabrielle
The reimaginings of the fairy tales themselves were quite original, but the erotic themes felt flat and forced. I would have loved to have read more developed non-erotic versions. A couple of the tales could have been written into full novels or novellas.
Jane
My favorite story was the retelling of Sleeping Beauty, followed closely by Puss in Boots and beauty and the Beast. The creativity of these retellings was very interesting and entertaining.
Mollie *scoutrmom*
Jan 08, 2012 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of erotic romance
This is a great collection. I think the only problem I have is with the title. The stories are very steamy-spicy, but not as far 'out there' as we have come to expect from the erotic-romance genre. Jaid Black it's not.

As the title suggests, Johnson has taken our favorite fairy tales and rendered them as romances.

Two of the tales are set in the world of the Sons of Destiny series, though set after that series and with none of the characters appearing. Some of the stories are futuristic sci-fi fan
Elisa
This book was quite good, especially because it did not circle around sex but it had a deeper development even for a set of short stories.
I must admit though that by the time I got to the 5th story I got rather bored and I could not wait to finish the book.
One fun fact about these set of stories is that every single story is mentioned in the previous one, being the first story mentioned in the last one creating sort of a loop.
Other than this it was also interesting to see some of the most commom
Elsie
I didn't particularly like this book. When the cover of a book says "Erotic Fairy Tales", I expect some erotic fairy tales. Not some odd (if not interesting) spin on a classic tale. What I mean by that, is that I didn't like how half the stories were given a sci-fi twist. I love sci-fi as much as the next person, but when it comes to classic fairy tales...it just seemed wrong to me. I couldn't even finish the book. The only story I did like was "The Courtship of Wali Daad", just because it was s ...more
Kylie Fry
some i enjoy more than others
Rachel
I usually enjoy reading fairy tale retellings but this just didn't do it for me. Between some obscure titles like 'The Courtship of Wali Daad' and moving Snow White to a strange new world most of the stories just seemed to fall short and were to vanilla for me.
Judith
What a fun book! I read all of her Mage series and loved her writing. Such an inventive author and here she has compiled a "revised" version of some of our favorite fairy tales--only there is definitely an adult twist on what has always been viewed as childrens literature. Erotic fairy tales? Oh my . . . and are they a hoot. Just not your ordinary fairy tales and certainly not the version our mamas would have read to us in our childhood. Jean Johnson has scored a hit with this one!
Lisa
Meh...I wanted to like this one, as it combines two of my favourite things, but it never really gelled for me.

In some of the stories the squeeze to fit in some erotica seemed to get in the way of telling the tale, in others the story building got in the way, and on the whole it almost completely failed to keep my attention. Puss in Boots and The King Who Laughed... almost worked, but the only one I really enjoyed was The Courtship of Wali Daad.
Diane ϟ [ Lestrange ]
what to say? not my type!
this is piled of couples stories about grims fairytales that they remade for adults and... this book sucks. or i just don't find it interesting. I dont know why i even bother to read this. I just see the details about the book and i thought its worth a try. but ugh! I'll never gonna finish this. Im ok with the first story and half but the others, i dont think so.. Ill just go to my bed and forget the story or even the book exist.
Leila
The first two stories (The Frog Prince and The Courtship of Wali Daad) were funny and interesting. But the succeeding stories were just plain boring. It had all the expected erotica but I think that was the problem there - it was way too predictable, even though the fairy tales were given a different twist (a sci-fi Sleeping Beauty and Snow White). I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I've read better stories in Literotica.com.
Elizabeth Smith
So...Erotic. I don't think I can recommend this book to any friends, because of that. But I really wish I could, because explicit sex scenes aside, the stories are fantastic reinventions of classic and not-so-familiar Fairy Tales. I especially enjoyed "The Courtship of Wali Daad" which I vaguely remember from my childhood, but had forgotten all about, until reading this salacious version.
Angie Agerter
Jean Johnson takes classic fairytales & does an Erotic twist on them. While not all stories were easy for me to read, most were amazing and were fun to look and see fairy tales in this light. Only for adult eyes :) My Two favorite tales in this book were: The Courtship of Wali Daad & Beauty and the Beast. Excellent read.
Kara Griffin
I really liked this book. The author had some interesting takes on the fairy tales, giving some of them a scifi bent. Beauty and the Beast and Sleeping Beauty (where the guy is the one that needs rescuing) were my favorites. I will be reading more by this author.
Heather Samples
To me, this book wasn't really erotic. I mean, sure it had some adult content, but I found it more funny than erotic. I'm also not a fan of science-fiction, and since this book had more science fiction than anything, it was hard to get into.
Sherri Crupi
This was an interesting read me for because I usually enjoy an erotic take on fairy tales, but this left me wanting more. Some of the fairy tales were good, but I felt they could have been more.... I dont know erotic.
Felicia
I really enjoyed this book. I've always wanted to read the adult version of classic fairy tales, and this book did not disappoint. The sci-fi theme got old after a while, but it was still a really good read.
Helena
The writing of Bedtime Stories: A Collection of Erotic Fairy Tales is more lyrical than most erotic literature I have read. However, overall, I found the book rather dull and more romance than erotica.
Taiyewo
I tried! I really did! Aside from the steamy parts, this book wasn't too bad...but it dragged on and on and I didn't end up reading the last chapter. The only story I really enjoyed was The Frog Prince.
Laine
i was not really a fan of fantasy stories but there was one story that i did like, the frog prince. it was a good read and very much close to the original story without the sexy story in it.
Jackie
I could not for the life of me get into these stories so this is a fail to read DNF book for me, not sure why really but too many other books to read to waste more time trying to read this one.
  • Enchanted Again
  • Enslave: Beauty Tames the Beast
  • Night Tides (Lady of the Lakes #1)
  • Nocturnal
  • The Darkest Touch (Demon Hunters, #3)
  • A Fare to Remember: Just Whistle + Driven to Distraction + Taken for a Ride
  • Destiny's Star (Epic of Palins, #3)
  • Velvet, Leather & Lace: A Man's Gotta Do/Calling the Shots/Baring It All
  • Luscious Craving (Candace Steele Vampire Killer #2)
  • The Cheating Curve
  • Like A Wisp of Steam: Steampunk Erotica
  • Immortal Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #5)
  • The Better to Hold You (Abra Barrow #1)
  • The Captive (Harlequin Blaze, #534)
  • Alluring Tales: Hot Holiday Nights
  • Make Your Move (Harlequin Blaze, #542)
  • My Deadly Valentine
  • Instinctive (Eternal Pleasure, #1)
Berkley/Jove Authors Bio

(1)romance author, science fiction author

Jean Johnson currently lives in the Pacific Northwest, has played in the SCA for 25 years, sings a lot, and argues with her cat about territorial rights to her office chair. She loves hearing from her readers, and has a distinct sense of humor. Rig
More about Jean Johnson...
A Soldier's Duty (Theirs Not to Reason Why, #1) The Sword (Sons of Destiny, #1) The Storm (Sons of Destiny, #6) An Officer's Duty (Theirs Not to Reason Why, #2) The Wolf (Sons of Destiny, #2)

“He knew this could turn out to be a very dangerous ploy if it backfired, but he also knew he had his best friend firmly on his side. If nothing else, he knew he could let her take all the blame and she’d do it. He’d owe her majorly — what else were best friends for but blackmail opportunities and owing giant favors, anyway — but she’d do it.” 2 likes