Start by marking “Reel Murder (Talk Radio Mystery #2)” as Want to Read:
Reel Murder (Talk Radio Mystery #2)

Reel Murder (Talk Radio Mystery #2)

Maggie is really getting into the swing of her daily radio show. She loves her new life in Cypress Grove, Florida, where she considers herself a Dr. Phil–minus the money and the fame. Unfortunately, she’s also minus the fans. So when a big movie company hits town, Maggie’s producer thinks a few exclusive on-set interviews could mean a ratings boost.

But no sooner does Maggi
Published June 1st 2010 by New American Library (first published May 8th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Reel Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reel Murder

Vicky
Aug 16, 2011 Vicky rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
it is confusing to me how Maggie is seen as an investigator. Most of her investigating is done in her head but all the "suspects" know? Really don't know how this series got published to tell the truth. I have the third installment to go but not sure if i can go through it. the first book was better and that is why I purused the 2nd.
Sandra
Mar 15, 2014 Sandra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did not enjoy this one as much as the first book only because this book was a LOT more annoying and quite frankly just unreal, i know its a work of fiction but you'd expect the story to make some kind of sense and in a lot of ways it failed. For instance; (Warning: This Review contains some spoilers)

There's a lot of identical similarities to the first book Dead Air And by that I mean a lot of Maggie's thought process was just a copy and paste work for example in both books there comes a point
Martha Cheves
Jun 02, 2010 Martha Cheves rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reel Murder – Review by Martha A. Cheves, Author of Stir, Laugh, Repeat
‘It was giving me a little chill to think that the murderer was probably right here on the set with us. It had to be someone connected with the Death Watch production, didn’t it? So many possibilities. I’d narrowed them down in my mind, turning them over and over, and outside of Frankie Domino – who still was the mystery man – all of them had a motive for killing Adriana. Sidney Carter had Adriana to thank for his ruined care
Vanessa James-brooks
Jun 15, 2010 Vanessa James-brooks rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Vanessa by: Mary Kennedy
Myhotstylist
Sep 02, 2010 Myhotstylist rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
What a huge let down...

In this second installment, we follow Dr Maggie Walsh, WYME's radio talk show host as she gets to assist with the writing of a movie script, filmed right in her town of Cypress Grove, FL.

Things turn haywire on the first day of filming when the star of the film, Adrianna, is shot and killed by her co-star with what seemed to be a prop gun. With eye-witnesses everywhere, and hundreds of people on the set, ANYONE could have tampered with the prop to ensure Adrianna's starlig
Beverly
Amazon Product Description:
"Florida's newest talk show radio psychologist Maggie Walsh has no sooner gotten involved with a local movie production than the leading lady turns up dead. Now Maggie has to find the killer before the credits roll-or it might be her final performance."
I hate it when I read the second book in a series before the first. However, with most mystery series, reading the books out of order doesn't hurt too much. This was not a bad book. It was just ok. I figured out the solu
Brandon
Jul 21, 2016 Brandon rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, didn-t-like
This book was decent. I think the author is trying too hard to compete with the already established competitor in this space in the Elvis Cole/ Joe Pike series by Robert Crais in terms of wisecracking main characters and amateur sleuths. But where this book fell apart is the subplots with the shrink in love with the detective, but he was more a friend in his perspective. And not to mention all the radio show stuff that added a bunch of dead weight to the book that could've been condensed into sm ...more
Kim
Oct 11, 2015 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maggie's radio show has taken her into a place she never dreamed of, in the middle of a murder investigation. When a guru that Maggie had on her show ends up dead hours after the interview, she is suddenly facing threats and a gorgeous investigator and both leave her mind and stomach tied in knots.
This was a good read and has many twists and turns. It didn't suck me in like some cozies but it made me want to hurry back and find out what happens. I will be reading the next in the series "Reel Mur
Emily Cullen
Nov 19, 2016 Emily Cullen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Former high-priced Manhattan psychologist leaves her practice to become a radio talk show host down in sunny Florida and it just so happens that a movie is going to be filmed there with her actress mother playing a small part. But when the leading lady is shot by a real gun instead of a prop, Maggie discovered this woman didn't lack for any enemies. This is book #2 of the Talk Radio cozy mystery series and I'm really enjoying it. Maggie's mom is hysterical and there's even a hint of romance. I'm ...more
Kate
Jun 29, 2010 Kate rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as "cozy" as I might have liked, but it is a fun mystery. It takes place on a movie set and it was fun to read all about the little tips and tricks that go into Hollywood magic. There were a lot of funny parts, and I had the murderer all wrong so that was fun to see! I would have liked to see the main character analyze the different players a little more, seeing as she is a trained therapist, but for the most part this was a good read.
Kim
Nov 25, 2010 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love, love, love local author Dr. Mary Kennedy! Enjoyed cozy "Reel Murder" as a flirtatious romance, detail-rich narrative, and most importantly, suspenseful thriller. Would translate well on sceen with the redhead pro dancer from DWTS as Adrianna, don't you think? Once again, thanks, Mary! Can't wait to discuss with you...
Susan
Jul 23, 2010 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-florida
Psychologist Maggie Walsh has a radio talk show, but when actress mother Lola comes to town, she's dragged to the set of the Indie film where Lola has a bit part. They watch an actress die, only to find that the unpleasant woman may have been murdered. Maggie is interested in the local policeman, Rafe Martino, and decides to help with the investigation, even though it might put her into danger.
Melodie
Jun 04, 2010 Melodie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2010
I like Maggie's mom. Lola is a hoot, but I just can't warm up to Maggie. She's just not interesting.....except for her dog, Pugsley. Mary Kennedy seems like a really nice person, and I really wanted to like this (the first one was an okay read), but I just didn't.
Becky
Mar 31, 2013 Becky rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
I did not like Maggie...but I'm not sure why that is. I read this book in one day but the next day I could not have told you who the killer was. The book just did not leave an impression, which is the kiss of death for me...
Mary Kennedy
Jun 23, 2010 Mary Kennedy rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
This book was great fun to write because it takes place on a movie set. It's the second in my Talk Radio Mysteries for Penguin. Hope everyone enjoys it, you can visit my website at www.marykennedy.net to read more!
Shoshana
Jul 08, 2010 Shoshana rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Annice22
Sep 01, 2012 Annice22 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, humor
I thought "Reel Murder" was a very funny yet interesting cozy mystery. It's fast paced and will have laughing as you try to solve the mystery.
Sarebear
3.2
Jill
Jill rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2013
Kate
Kate rated it did not like it
Sep 08, 2014
Jan Yip
Jan Yip rated it did not like it
Jan 13, 2012
Patricia
Patricia rated it liked it
Oct 16, 2012
Patricia Reed
Patricia Reed rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2012
Leslie Braswell
Leslie Braswell rated it it was ok
Jun 08, 2010
Jill
Jill rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2014
Diane
Diane rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2013
Nancy
Nancy rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2011
Shannon
Shannon rated it it was ok
Aug 02, 2010
Tina
Tina rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Preaching to the Corpse (Advice Column Mystery, #2)
  • Elvis and the Grateful Dead (A Southern Cousins Mystery, #2)
  • The Bone Fire (Gil Montoya Mystery #2)
  • Guise & Dolls (Gretchen Birch, #4)
  • Casket Case (A Callie Parrish Mystery #3)
  • Bride and Doom (Carnegie Kincaid, #6)
  • Never Say Sty (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery #7)
  • Harrowing Hats (A Renaissance Faire Mystery, #4)
  • Short Squeeze
  • Foul Play at the PTA  (Beth Kennedy #2)
  • Ink Flamingos (Tattoo Shop Mystery, #4)
  • Motherhood is Murder (A Maternal Instincts Mystery, #2)
  • Last Writes (Forensic Handwriting Mystery #4)
  • How to Survive a Killer Séance (Party Planning, #3)
  • Getting Old Is a Disaster (Gladdy Gold, #5)
  • Murder by the Slice (A Fresh-Baked Mystery, #2)
  • The Cracked Pot (Clay and Crime, #2)
  • The Ghost and the Femme Fatale (Haunted Bookshop Mystery, #4)
Mary Kennedy is a national best-selling novelist and a licensed psychologist on the east coast. She has written 37 young adult novels and has a new adult mystery series with Penguin, The Talk Radio Mysteries.The first title, DEATH IS BAD KARMA was released in January 2010, and the second release, REEL MURDER, is available now. She has spoken at over 100 schools, libraries and writers' conferences ...more
More about Mary Kennedy...

Talk Radio Mystery (3 books)
  • Dead Air (Talk Radio Mystery, #1)
  • Stay Tuned for Murder (Talk Radio Mystery, #3)