Start by marking “Dancing with Degas” as Want to Read:
Dancing with Degas

Dancing with Degas

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  83 ratings  ·  9 reviews
This imaginative board book features beautiful paintings by a renowned artist paired with playful, rhyming text. Children can enter Edgar Degas's magical world of toe shoes, tutus and elegant ballerinas. Dancing with Degas is a fun introduction to art and an imaginative adventure all rolled into one!
Board Book, 22 pages
Published July 1st 2003 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about Dancing with Degas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dancing with Degas

Jen
In my continuing battle with my mother about not having kids, she loves to buy out-of-the-ordinary children's books "just in case."

Sigh.

This one is pretty cool, though; it sticks a little rhyme-y narrative to a bunch of Degas paintings. Sure, some of the rhymes are rather forced, but the narrative pretty much makes sense and does pair really well with the paintings. Also, I like the wavy aspect of the text layout and the subtle watercolor shading behind the paintings. I bet this would be lovely
Connie
Can't fault the art, it's a great way to introduce kids to Degas.

And the text... well, I can take it or leave it. It sounds trite to my ears, though, so I prefer to leave it. The author's got a tin ear when it comes to rhythm, nothing seems to scan right.

The really bad part about these books is that they're cheaply made. I've had them fall apart on me while other books that we've had longer and that we read more often are in great shape.

You can't have a poor-quality board book, it just doesn't w
jacky
We read the similar book about Van Gough during letter V week, and I was surprised that these pulled the artwork together with believable text rather than being a glorified flashcards. I took this one out because Natalie likes ballerinas, but she hasn't read it with me yet. It gives exposure to the masterful artwork just like a regular book. Not impressed that its a board book, though. Not for the toddler set.
Alysia
A fun little board book that introduces your little one to fine art. I enjoy this book and the others in the set as much as my baby.
Gail Rogers
A slow start, but got better as it went on. An interesting look at the art and ballet world of Paris, if true.
Senoritacupcake
Dec 31, 2010 Senoritacupcake is currently reading it
Especially for her first novel, very very good. As a dancer
I may be biased, but I like it.
Maura
Such a great way to introduce classic art to children! Beautiful selection of Degas portraits!
Marisa
a great board book to introduce kids to the art of degas
Kelly Paz Meyer
loved reading my girls these books when they were little.
Tori
Tori marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Holly
Holly is currently reading it
Jul 23, 2014
Anajoy-rusticgirl
Anajoy-rusticgirl marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Zolan
Zolan marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
In the Garden with Van Gogh A Picnic with Monet A Magical Day with Matisse Mini Masters Boxed Set Sunday with Seurat