Start by marking “When God Winks at You: How God Speaks Directly to You Through the Power of Coincidence” as Want to Read:

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  1,083 ratings  ·  153 reviews
Those extraordinary little events in your life happen for a reason.
A coincidence-sometimes a silly little thing-changes the course of your day . . .
or even your life. Is it chance, or is God communicating with you? When God Winks at You is packed with true stories demonstrating that God does communicate with us, making incredible things happen in our lives every single day
Published September 1st 2006 by Nelson Books (first published 2000)

We just finished this in my ladies' Bible study. There are some neat stories in this short book. Some are better than others, and a few memorable ones made me tear up (which probably made fellow diners at the various places where I read the book while eating lunch wonder if I was crazy). I especially love the stories where human compassion and reaching out to a fellow person changed everyone's lives for the good.

One problem I have with the book, however, is believing that EVERY coincidence shows
Lydia LaPutka
This was a very enjoyable book. The anecdotes throughout were fun to read and inspirational. This book was given to me as a Christmas gift. When I read the title, I had to laugh. Someone once told me that "Coincidences are God's way of remaining anonymous." I have repeated that quote to so many people in my day! This would have been a 5-star book for me except for a few things. The first was that I didn't think it was necessary to have so many famous people in it. Does that give credibility to t ...more
Krista Ashe
Even though I have almost two shelves full of "inspriational" books, I picked this one up the other day. Why? Because right now my life is still a series of question marks. And to be 30 and still have question marks along the major pathways is difficult. Will my book(s) sell? When will they sell? When will I finally find the right guy and get married? When will I become a mom? I'm totally searching for answers to these questions and to understand what's going on in my life.

The really cool thing
This book gives examples of things that have happened in people's lives that have had special meaning to them. Some of the stories (all short) gave me goosebumps and made me smile (and get teary eyed), and some of them I didn't find especially appealing to me but didn't really mind reading. The God winks are categorized by such topics as "loss," "family," "job," and so on. Some topics may resonate with you more than others.
Some of my favorites: the family who lost a talented young daughter to a
Dawn Pulgine
A good little book filled with what I like to call "Godcidences" not "coincidence." It makes a nice uplifting gift. Just a great reminder of God's omniscience and omnipresence.
This was a book I had received as a gift. I would have never picked this up myself. I’m not a Christian reader for the most part and this isn’t my normal genre of reading material. And what’s with the super capitalized first name?

Regardless, I sat down and read this book in about a day and enjoyed it quite a bit. It’s like a Chicken Soup for the Soul book only with a different author and a more prayerful theme. It warms your heart and may even remind you that good, serendipitous things do happen
Sarah Cole
This book was life changing. You can't help but look at your own past to find the "God Wink" moments and there's been many more than we recognize upon first glance. I loved this book and will be recommending it to the world. I've already written about it on my Facebook page. It took me 3 days of evening into the night reading and usually I take a lot longer with books. I couldn't get enough of the stories. I will look for the others as I believe this is a series.
Shannon Easter
I just finished reading this book, When God Winks At You, written by Squire Rushnell. It was my vacation book of choice, and one that offered me relaxation and rejuvenation like a good vacation should. This book is full of various stories of God winks; things that could be perceived as coincidences, but better perceived as divine winks of hope, encouragement, and reassurance. Each story was empowered by faith and for faith. I found myself often times reflecting on various situations in life and ...more
Coincidences are not coincidences is the main lesson in this book but signs from God you are perhaps on the right or the wrong path. Some of the anecdotes were particularly moving and inspirational while others were not. It's an easy read and brought me closer to my faith and reconfirmed thoughts I've had before about messages from God. The writing could have been stronger but overall I learned something from it. The book was recommended to me from someone very dear to my heart and I'm grateful ...more
I thought it was a very good book! The writing was simplistic in contrast to the amazing, breath taking stories! It truly is a book for everybody. I think that everyone has seen traces of "God Winks" in their lives. I know I definitely have! In the Conclusion the author challenges the reader to look for these "God Winks." It is definitely an important message for everyone to hear- God is watching, he is present and he cares. I know I have needed to hear this often from Him. This book only reaffi ...more
Jessica Henrichsen
This is not a review, but rather a Godwink of my own that I will share. If you enjoy this then yes, this book is filled with little stories you will enjoy.

I was hanging out with a best friend at her house. There is never any room in her driveway so when I go there I always park in the front lawn, next to the driveway but also underneath a pecan tree.
As young adults with free time, we randomly decided a trip to the movies would be a nice way to spend the evening. We had over an hour to kill bef
nice short read, can definitely be read in one sitting. nice reminders of coincidences in our lives. very pure!
I'm on the fence with this book. On the one hand, it IS very encouraging, especially if you read it at a crossroads in your life or you're down in the dumps where everything looks bleak and reading this book couldn't make your situation any worse. The author believes that each and every good coincidence in your life is the result of a "godwink" and evidence that God works in your life. Yes, I do believe God is in control of this world and everybody's lives within the parameters of His God-given ...more
Christy Brightwell
I loved it! I truly feel everything happens by a coincidence, meaning that God has His hand on our daily lives. Absolutely love knowing that He is giving me a sign to say, "hang in there kid, I got this." :)

Devra Dowell
Loved it. Let's you know there are really no accidents. God is watching over us all the time. It makes me smile.
Sheryl Sorrentino
Not sure I "bought" all the stories entirely, but the message was inspiring nonetheless. When God Winks at You is a bit "thick" on the religion for my personal taste, but it's an overall moving, comforting, and spiritually grounding read.

The upshot of this book it that any time some coincidence happens that helps you or sets your life on a different path, it's the invisible hand of God letting you know he's [for lack of a better pronoun] there. This seems a self-evident enough proposition to me
Author Squire Rushnell coined the term Godwink and describes it as “what some people would call a coincidence, an answered prayer, or simply an experience where you'd say, ‘Wow, what are the odds of that!’” A godwink is “a message of reassurance from above, directly to you, out of six [now seven] billion people on the planet, saying ‘Hey kid...I'm thinking of you! Keep the faith! You're never alone.’"

For many years I have be amazed by coincidences. Certainly there are some things that are simply
I was off work early with only a half form idea of playing a little Sims when I noticed this book lying on a pile of stuff my mom wanted me to take to the thrift store. She doesn't drive any more. I got off at ten this morning and it is nearly 1 o'clock now. All I have been doing is reading this beautiful wonderful book.
It is a book full of stories about how God gets your attention by the power of coincidence. It is the sort of book that when I finished the book, I felt good. Life is good. Go
Jalen Glover
When god winks at you was one of the best books I've ever read honestly.As you can tell by the title the book is mostly about God and the coincidences God has on you. When something good goes for you it is considered a "God Wink" another way to put a God Wink is saying god has his eyes on you. This book is a bunch of stories all relating to God and how you should always have in your life and he's always watching over you even when you least expect it.
I liked this book a lot. It was very inspir
Wow...such a great book! I picked it up because after Christmas my husband said that there was a book he wanted to buy for me, but since I work in a bookstore now, he didn't buy me any books this year. When he told me it was about God Winks, I knew this was it. Once I started reading, I couldn't put it down. Even if you are not a believer, this book will make you one, whether you want to be or not!
Sweet and moving stories of many famous and not-so-famous people revealing the gentle persuasion of the unseen Wonderful Counselor!
Didn't keep my attention very well, though. Not a riveting read. Besides a few fascinating experiences, I was more interested in the author being the creator of Schoolhouse Rock and being a fan of those programs helped me stay committed to reading this through.
This little book was given to me by a friend who wanted to share something that has uplifted her in grey times. It is a collection of stories that show God's influence in touching and directing our lives through seeming coincidences, which this author calls "Godwinks." In Mormon vernacular, these would be called "Tender Mercies" and personal revelation. Any Christian, or even anyone who believes in God, would recognize truth in Rushnell's words.
I was very touched by many of these stories, though
phyllis shapiro
My eyes are now open!

apparently I have had some Godwinks in my past as well as present but didn't have a name for it. now I do and I have a better understanding of lots of things. I still am hoping that God hears my prayers for my son's health. great book and have already told my best friend to get it.
I really enjoyed this little book of anecdotes written to show that God speaks to us personally through coincidence, and sometimes chains of coincidences. The author calls these little moments that happen by surprise and often change the course of an event or of our lives, Godwinks. In some ways the book is a little heavy-handed. I think the author wanted to be clear that the stories were true (not just little fictions) so it felt to me as if he went a little overboard to talk about famous peopl ...more
This book was a collection of true instances where the author claims that life was not coincidence, rather a series of winks from God. It was inspirational and a quick read. It was great time for me to read this too. Many thanks to Pam Lynn for lending me this copy from her library.
Cheryl Thompson
If you are like me and believe that there is no such thing as coincidence, then this book will reaffirm that belief. Making this even more beautiful was the fact that it was a gift from my sister in law, and I thought of her all the way through. Thanks, Joy!
Sarah Boyette
This book made me want to vomit. I was really hoping for an exploration of the theology behind believing coincidences are "god winks" but all this is is a collection of nauseating stories. I lasted five minutes.
Makes you think

You ways this k you should read these kind of books. but you feel vaguely guilty the w whole time you are reading. not so with this one., you feel comforted and hopeful.
A delightful book full of the kinds of true accounts that everyone loves to stumble across. Encouraging and inspiring, I'm going to look for other books in this series. Highly recommended.
Barbara Ell
Sometimes when a loved one winks at you, it means "I've got my eye on you," or "I've got your back." We see that physical presence of them, and that wink also communicates their love. But what about God? We know that He has His eye on us, and He's got our back, but how can we really see and know?

This book tells us about those winks from God is manifested through what others call coincidence. Having someone call right when you are about to leave, thus making you late and missing a car wreck, coi
  • Peace with God: The Secret Happiness
  • Disinformation
  • The Greatest Words Ever Spoken: Everything Jesus Said about You, Your Life, and Everything Else
  • The Invisible War: What Every Believer Needs to Know about Satan, Demons, and Spiritual Warfare
  • Taylor's Gift: A Courageous Story of Giving Life and Renewing Hope
  • What Is He Thinking??: What Guys Want Us to Know About Dating, Love, and Marriage
  • Right People, Right Place, Right Plan: Discerning the Voice of God
  • Falling in Love with Jesus: Abandoning Yourself to the Greatest Romance of Your Life
  • The Islamic Antichrist
  • Every Bitter Thing Is Sweet: Tasting the Goodness of God in All Things
  • 10 Questions to Diagnose Your Spiritual Health
  • Did I Kiss Marriage Goodbye?: Trusting God with a Hope Deferred
  • The Mystery of the Shemitah: The 3,000-Year-Old Mystery That Holds the Secret of America's Future, the World's Future, and Your Future!
  • Kids Are Americans Too
  • Every Day Deserves a Chance: Wake Up to the Gift of 24 Hours
  • The Joshua Code: 52 Scripture Verses Every Believer Should Know
  • It's Your Call: What Are You Doing Here?
  • Because He Loves Me: How Christ Transforms Our Daily Life
When GOD Winks: How the Power of Coincidence Guides Your Life When GOD Winks on Love: Let the Power of Coincidence Lead You to Love Divine Alignment When God Winks on New Beginnings: Signposts of Encouragement for Fresh Starts and Second Chances When God Winks

“When someone's lost, aimless and adrift
Take the time, give 'em a lift
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
But today, you can be their gift.”
“I have good plans for you, not plans to hurt you. I will give you hope and a good future. —JEREMIAH 29:11 NCV” 1 likes