Airs and Graces

Airs and Graces (Horsemistress Saga #2)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  148 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Since bonding with a winged foal by accident, Larkyn Hamley has risen from a wild country girl to become one of the finest students at the Academy of the Air. But Duke William, the new ruler of Oc, is obsessed with riding a winged horse himself, and his madness leads him to ignore his traditional duties to protect the Duchy.

Now it's Larkyn who must take flight to save he...more
Published December 18th 2007 by Penguin Group (USA)

To ask other readers questions about Airs and Graces, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Airs and Graces

Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Carrie Spellman for TeensReadToo.com

The Duchy of Oc has been a safe place for many, many years. Long enough that protection isn't something that people think about, much less anticipate needing. All of that is about to change.

On a quiet day in late summer, Aesk raiders invade the fishing village of Onmarin. Many people were killed, and two children were taken. If they're lucky they will survive to be slaves. The Aesks aren't known for their kindness.

Larkyn Hamly and her friend, Hes...more
Beth Johnson
This book was the second in Toby's horsemistress trilogy. I now need to find a copy of the third. The plot really picked up during this novel, and while I am still annoyed at how a couple of the characters are handling their situations, I am more impressed with several others -- Larkyn, Francis, and the Baron of Klee's daughter. It is still such an interesting concept, and there is enough of a cliffhanger at the end to leave you wanting more. Anything else I say will give away spoilers, but I wi...more
Victoria
Amy
Book Two of the series wasn't as good as Book One, but it was still a nice book. I can't tell you what wasn't as good, jsut a little touch of something that was in the first one wasn't in the second. Plots were laid more bare, Bad Things Happened, and the main character kept going, determined as ever. The bad guy? Oh yeah, he going nutters. Enjoyable and looking forward to getting Book Three in soon. :)
Kelly
The second in the Horsemistress series is another beautiful read, full of adventure, threat and treason. Of course Larkyn Hamley and Phillipa Winter are in the middle of pretty much all of it! Along with the vile Duke William. I can't wait for the next in the series 'Air of Sea and Fire' it shall be arriving in about 3 days time, I'll let you know after what I think!
Trishy
A good fantasy story based in the Duchy of Oc, that revolves around one common girl's story with the famous flying horses of Oc. Her trials that she has to deal with being a common-born girl amongst nobles, and her fight against a mad Duke, make a appealing story for horse lovers of all kind.
Elizabeth
This was a pretty easy read. I finished it in a day and a half. It is a good simple story. It isn't terribly deep and you won't find yourself falling in love or utterly hating any of the characters. It is a good one for any horse lover. I do recommend you pick it up for some light reading.
THe perverse Duke William continues in his obsession with Oc's flying horses in this sequel to Airs Beneath the Moon. Larkyn is caught up in the struggle to save the academy, her country, and herself from disaster.
Amber
The story gets better, but also stranger. This book ended well, but left me wanting for more. You definitely have to read the first book to understand what is going on in this one.
Holly
Engaging 2nd installment of the trilogy. Looking forward to seeing how it all resolves in the 3rd book.
Kit★
Jan 13, 2011 Kit★ marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Need to get me a copy of the first book in this series before I read this one.
Lynn Calvin
Amazon preorder
Sarah marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
ObsidianCub
ObsidianCub marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Airs Beneath the Moon (Horsemistress Saga, #1) Airs of Night and Sea (Horsemistress Saga, #3) A Debt of Honour: A MERCENARY REPAYS A LIFE LONG FRIENDSHIP HOW FAR DO YOU GO FOR A FRIEND IN NEED? Sold to Evil: An Unusual Action Tale CRY HAVOC: A Trip To Hell for a Group of Ageing Mercenaries Who Should Have Known Better