Start by marking “Going to Church: A User's Guide” as Want to Read:
Going to Church: A User's Guide

Going to Church: A User's Guide

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Do you go to church wishing it was (more often) a more uplifting experience? Are you contemplating giving church a try? If so, this book is for you. Looking in turn at the church as it is, the church as it's meant to be, and the church as it might become, John Pritchard offers not only humour and insight, but also encouragement to feel that going to church is really worthw ...more
Published June 1st 2010 by SPCK Publishing (first published May 21st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Going to Church, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Going to Church

Stephen
What an amazing book. I am a recent enough convert to Church of Ireland and while this book is aimed more at Church of England members it is equally applicable to those of us in Church of Ireland.

I'm not great at going to church, but that may change thanks to this book. To me going to church was "duty", I was raised Roman Catholic, so most of my childhood was spent going to satisfy my grandmother. This book showed me though what church can be! It was funny, engaging and thoughtful!

The book is
Lizzy
Mar 22, 2012 Lizzy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Lizzy by: Church reading group
A very accessible, entertaining book about church as it is, as it should be and as it might become. The style is light and engaging but still manages to give serious food for thought. Each chapter ends with questions to consider which would be a good starting point for group discussions.
Simon
Simon marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2013
Norma
Norma marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2011
The Life and Work of a Priest God Lost and Found How to Pray - A Practical Handbook The Second Intercessions Handbook Living Faithfully