Crown of Thorns (Nick Barrett Mysteries, #2)
read ebook

Crown of Thorns (Nick Barrett Mysteries #2)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  99 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Nick Barrett is in Charleston awaiting news of his inheritance when he agrees to investigate the ownership of a famous painting. He finds himself reluctantly drawn into the lives of a spunky, streetwise girl and a woman who is trying to rescue her sick child from the ruthless leader of a cult. As Nick uncovers secrets from the past, he discovers the healing love of God thr...more
Published September 20th 2002 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published January 1st 2002)

Mark Baker
Nick Barrett investigates the reappearance of a painting for a couple of friends. The trail leads him to a poor orphan, her half sister, and a dangerous cult. Very entertaining with a powerful ending.

Read my full review at Carstairs Considers.
Tim George
No need to recap the story here as others have done a fine job of that. I too was introduced to Nick Barrett in the second book of the series (intend to get the first soon). Even so, reading the first is not required to enjoy the second.

Sigmund Brouwer breaks a number of rules in vogue these days among genre writers. He flips from first person to third person from chapter to chapter. But, the effect is powerful. First person is reserved for his private eye type narrative while third person fills...more
Sarah Eckert
Excellent book. Page turner. Kept me reading. Started this on a rainy Veterans Day and finished it a couple days later.

I forgot that Sigmund Brouwer is another author I cannot put down. I didn't realize this book was in a series otherwise I'd have read the first book first (I like doing that). There were some allusions to what happened in the first book, but no retelling of the old story.

The flashbacks and circular nature of the story might get old to some. Or might turn away some (like me) who...more
Deb
Didn't want to put it down. Great character development!
Valerie
I was able to get into this book much faster than the 3rd one in the series. Maybe it was because I already knew who the main characters were.
Julie S.
I read this not knowing that it was the second in a series. Oh well.
Shane Dougall
Shane Dougall marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Caleb Lang
Caleb Lang marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Carilu
Carilu marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Kristine Pratt
Kristine Pratt marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2013
Joshua Babarinde
Joshua Babarinde marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2013
Ngozi Egbigwe
Ngozi Egbigwe marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2013
Christina Henderson
Christina Henderson marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2013
Holly Lixey
Holly Lixey marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2013
Missy
Missy marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Sigmund is married to songwriter recording artist Cindy Morgan. The couple and their two young daughters divide their time between Red Deer, Alberta and Nashville, Tennessee. He loves going to schools to get kids excited about reading, reaching roughly 80,000 students a year through his Rock&Roll Literacy Show.
More about Sigmund Brouwer...
Wings of Dawn Broken Angel (Caitlyn Brown, #1) The Canary List Oxygen Level Zero (Mars Diaries, #1) Devil's Pass (Seven, #6)