Start by marking “To Love Again” as Want to Read:
To Love Again

To Love Again

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  2,152 ratings  ·  36 reviews
In Rome, Isabella and her husband, Amadeo, have created an idyllic marriage and the House of San Gregorio, the most exciting name in European high fashion. But in an act of terrorism, Amadeo is kidnapped and taken from Isabella forever.

Fleeing to New York, she fights to build a new life for herself and her son, as they discover new worlds and a new life together.

From the
Published February 27th 2009 by Dell (first published January 1st 1980)

To ask other readers questions about To Love Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Love Again

Dinah Maravilla
A must-read for anyone who's ever been in love!
Oct 22, 2008 Dawn rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dawn by: Grandmother
I read this many years ago (early 80's), so I could not give an accurate review. One of Danielle Steel's earlier books when all of her ideas were new & fresh.
Eva suryaman
Sad story but touching, that is love
This story is about a middle aged couple who are on top of the world, living the high life. They own a fashion business in Rome. They like to go out to parties and show all their ritz and bling. theyre good friend Bernardo warns them to not be so showy with their riches because some day it might cause some problems. Sure enough, one day her husband is kidnapped and held for ransom and when Isabella cant liquidate enough stuff into cash to pay the ransom, the kidnappers kill her husband. her and ...more
Miss Kodok
Thanks to Mas Ade yang udah ngebeli-in buku ini.

"Tiada yang abadi. Baik hal-hal yang baik, maupun hal-hal yang buruk"
Waktu terus berjalan membawa perubahan demi perubahan di dalam kehidupan. Apa yang kemudian membekas di hati kita adalah bagaimana cara kita menyikapi setiap peristiwa tersebut. Hidup yang tampak sempurna dalam sekejap dapat berubah bagaikan di neraka. Namun..., tak ada badai yang tak reda, tak ada penderitaan yang tidak berakhir.

Isabella dan Amadeo, pasangan suami istri pemilik
Manik Kumar
One thing what I see is, whatever, a woman can be brilliant, business magnate, international celebrity, commanding & passionate etc., She would always need a man for support. And funny is it can be anyone a business rival, an employee or family members!
good old 80's glamour - what else do you expect from Danielle.
Isabella dan anaknya, Alessandro terpaksa hidup dalam keadaan terkurung semenjak kematian suaminya, Amadeo mati dibunuh oleh penculik-penculik yang tidak diketahui identitinya. Beberapa bulan selepas itu, Isabella dikejutkan dengan berita palsu tentang penculikan Alessandro. Ini membuatkan dia tidak betah lagi untuk tinggal di Rome. Atas cadangan rakan karibnya Bernardo, Isabella dan Alessandro pun menetap bersama Natasha di New York sehingga keadaan kembali reda.

Walaupun jauh, Isabella masih la
Yuden Tshomo
is an awesome book...the way she writes, its just amazing!!! my all time favorite
Jean Long
Oct 27, 2012 Jean Long rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Yes
Recommended to Jean by: An old friend
Shelves: life-and-love
This is the very first Novel I ever read and I fell in love with Town, Village, State and Country that Danielle Steel has ever written about. I when back and read everything she wrote before *To Love Again* and have read everything she has written since she has a winning formula that works for her. She has a wonderful family whom she loves guards closely. She has worked tirelessly for years on the streets taking care of the homeless and down and outs and I applaud her as Artist but most of all a ...more
Abeer Malayshi
Now , only for now. Don't forget that. It's not forever.

Una novela buena, a secas, pero buena.
Lo que le quitó puntos , es que hubo momentos en los que perdía el interés por la historia, creo que no captó al 100 mi atención.
Volver a amar, como lo dice el título... muchas veces es doloroso pero hay que seguir adelante.
Bev Taylor
sorry but the same problem with the unaccountability of one of the main characters

isabella loses her husband after he is kidnapped and then killed. her friend and manager, bernardo, recommended to call the police which resulted in her husband's death

could anyone continue to work with let alone still consider that person a friend? i know i could not

Bought it a long time ago. Read it a long time ago. THEN I liked it. Must have, since I've been carrying it around ever since.

A proper review I won't write here, since it is too long ago. But I don't think anyone will mind, with this book.

It'll go on a journey next week: I plan on releasing it on my way to or at the Terschelling meeting.
Aritina Bradin
I learned how difficult it was for Isabella who was so certain everything was so perfect in her life and how everthying turned in diffrent directio when Amateo was kidnapped and then killed. She was a strong woman who went trough rough times and then she became more powerful than before she was just Amateo's wife.
It's really hard to be Isabella. In her life which sound so perfect turn directly after Amadeo gone. The story write so nice but, I don't like the ending part. It sound like not finished, or force to finish.
Becky Woods
A wonderful book. I could identify with the main character Isabella. Danielle Steel went into depth the pain and suffering one goes through losing a husband you love so much.
Joyce McKune
Isabella had a perfect life until her husband was kidnapped and murdered. She took her son and went into hiding, running the business from 5000 miles away.
This book I felt was slower than some of her other books. It ended nicely though
Jul 25, 2010 Silvia added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ds
It ia a really good book but I would have liked to know what happened next.
It's so typical of Steel's book.
Romance - sad story - love and touching.
Maybe it was me, but I found it to be a bit overly dramatic...
Wina Alfazos
dibaca spy fallin in love again jaman kuliah, tp gak sukses! :D
Aug 14, 2007 Palang added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for:
the book is simply terrific and i love the author's style of writing.
Sharon Watkins
Oh my!! This book is so amazing!! I LOVE IT!!!
Good old Danielle Steel tripe!
Jul 22, 2011 Igli added it
I wont to read the book
another great one!!!!
Eduardo Embradora
The first novel I've read. :)
Danielle Steel Bo...: To Love Again 1 1 Nov 20, 2012 03:12AM
  • The Lives of Danielle Steel: The Unauthorized Biography of America's #1 Best-Selling Author
  • Danielle Steel
  • Sing to Me of Dreams
  • Confessions (Men of Whiskey River #1)
  • Three Weeks in Paris
  • Daybreak
  • Commitments
  • A Vengeful Passion (Harlequin Presents, #1696)
  • The Wife Who Ran Away
  • Christmas at the Cove
  • Firebird
  • The Lazarus Child
  • Choices (A Woman's Life, #2)
  • The Renegade and the Rose (Renegade, Rebel and Rogue, #1)
  • Native Silver
  • Prince Hafiz's Only Vice
  • Scientology: The Fundamentals of Thought
  • An Amish Christmas Quilt
Since 1981, Ms. Steel has been a permanent fixture on the New York Times hardcover and paperback bestseller lists. In 1989, she was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for having at least one of her books on the Times bestseller list for 381 consecutive weeks. But Guinness was premature. The fact is that one or more of Ms. Steel's novels have been on the New York Times bestseller list for ...more
More about Danielle Steel...