Start by marking “Beauty and the Bastard” as Want to Read:
Beauty and the Bastard

Beauty and the Bastard

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Saul the Bastard is a fallen angel who works as a bounty hunter for powerful urban demon families. Rebecca Drake, a modern day demon princess, is being hunted by dangerous desert demons. When Rebecca's family hires Saul to protect her, they are both unhappy with the arrangement, but before long sparks fly as they try to resist their strong mutual attraction. For the first ...more
ebook
Published July 19th 2010 by Liquid Silver Books

To ask other readers questions about Beauty and the Bastard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beauty and the Bastard

Bookwatcher
Aug 03, 2010 Bookwatcher rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Paranormal romance readers
Why I'm giving 5 stars?
Simple... for 5 motives...

1) It's well written. Was a pleasure read this story.
2) I like (a lot) the main female character. Rebecca was really a strong female voice. Love when I hear her voice on this story.
3) Saul capture my heart. He is the perfect hero... strong, tormented and deeply in love!
4) The loving story is so beautiful! I was overwhelmed with the love... it's almost detectable, and reach me every time I read about them.
5) Perfect end, after a perfect action sce
Dani Smith
A truly wonderful read. I adore the tortured soul that is Saul the Bastard. He is the perfect tormented angel fallen from grace--raw, sexy, fabulous! Five stars!
Susan Roebuck
You ever heard of a fallen angel in love with a demon princess? Would you like to? Before you answer, let me tell you that the angel, Saul the Bastard, is probably the hunkiest hero I’ve come across (excuse the expression) in a long, long time.

He’s not happy that he’s a fallen angel, but he knows he has to live as an almost-human and hope that one day he’ll redeem himself and get recalled to Heaven by being a bounty hunter who hunts evil demons. Even demon princesses called Rebecca? No, he’s hir
Margaret Fisk
David Bridger is a friend of mine and this is his debut work, so of course I picked it up. However, I already knew how his writing is evocative and compelling, so I didn’t think I was risking much.

Beauty and the Bastard held some surprises for me in content, I’ll admit, since I picked it up solely based on the author and didn’t read the blurb or surrounding information too closely. This novella contains explicit sex and violence. That said, neither the sex nor the violence seemed out of place in
Chelsea [Vampire Book Club]
This review was originally posted at Vampire Book Club.

David Bridger reminds us of the redeeming power of love in his paranormal romance novella Beauty and the Bastard.

Rebecca is less than pleased about being sent to work for her uncle. Not because she hates the job or her uncle, in fact he’s her favorite. The problem is the demon heiress’ life was threatened by some desert demons after they were run out of Las Vegas by her dad. She thinks she can handle herself and doesn’t see the need for the
Ann Nibbs
This is a rattling good story of fallen angels and demons and I am delighted to say that the hero is refreshingly flawed. The graphic scenes work well, the characters are three dimensional and the writing is indicative of an experienced author who knows his way around this genre. He has the ability to tantalise, enthrall and shock at just the right intervals to keep up the pace. Short enough to read at one sitting, it is nevertheless long enough to tell the full story and leave the reader satisf ...more
Erin Hartshorn
I'd been looking forward to this book for a while, since I'd had the privilege if reading one of David's books in early draft form. This, his debut, fulfilled my expectations. An excellent paranormal romance, with believable characters. One of the subplots I particularly enjoyed was the interaction between Rebecca and her cousin John.

Time to start looking forward to his next book!
Geoff North
I really enjoyed it. Normally not the kind of book I would read, but David's writing grabs you and pulls you in. His style is fast-paced and quick-witted. He economizes the detail and rewards the reader with a hard-hitting adventure, good lovin', and wonderful characters. Great read!
Maria
Come on....these were my words as I finished the book that had so much potential. The story was ok but I wish there had been more details, more information to make it a fuller and richer story.
Rebecca
This is Bridger's debut novel and wow is it fantastic. I've never read anything like it before. I give it my highest recommendation. I think he's going to be a major talent in the PNR world. Bravo.
Inez Kelley
Damn, you just want to hold Saul and make everything alright for him again.
Bcrazy
Bcrazy marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Alisia Alone
Alisia Alone marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Botz
Botz marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Viviana
Viviana marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
GabrielsAngel
GabrielsAngel marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Ameny Jaouadi
Ameny Jaouadi marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Acelia Rossi
Acelia Rossi marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Simina
Simina marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
AlexD
AlexD marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Esther
Esther marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Cheekybits
Cheekybits marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Fabi
Fabi added it
Nov 26, 2014
Marina
Marina marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Megha~*book addict*
Megha~*book addict* marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Chesspalomino
Chesspalomino marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Sally
Sally marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Anabelle Rossell
Anabelle Rossell marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
David Bridger and his family settled with their two monstrous hounds in England's West Country after twenty years of ocean-based mischief, during which he worked as a lifeguard, a sailor, an intelligence gatherer and an investigator in the Royal Navy. He writes science fiction and fantasy for teens and adults.
More about David Bridger...
Quarter Square (Wild Times, #1) The Weaverfields Heir A Flight of Thieves Golden Triangle Gifted