Start by marking “Flawed” as Want to Read:
Flawed

Flawed (Brodie Farrell #7)

3.29 of 5 stars 3.29  ·  rating details  ·  89 ratings  ·  16 reviews
"You can waste a lot of time looking . . . or you can pay me to find it for you." So goes the slogan of Brodie Farrell's one-woman detective agency. Although Brodie has made some surprising---and dangerous---discoveries while working as a modern-day treasure hunter, none of them has turned her life upside down in quite the way that her unexpected pregnancy does.
The timing
Published September 18th 2007 by Minotaur Books (first published 1)

To ask other readers questions about Flawed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flawed

Karen
FLAWED is the seventh in the Brodie Farrell, Daniel Hood and Jack Deacon books, although the blurb doesn't mention Daniel. As I've never read any of this series before, I was a little confused at the start as Daniel (who at that stage was a total unknown as far as I was concerned) takes centre stage in FLAWED, Jack Deacon is bit of a background character, and Brodie Farrell doesn't really get much focus until way later in the book. To add to the slight feeling of discombobulation, there was then ...more
Yvann S
"You can't carry the whole world, Daniel. Hell, you've trouble carrying your own shopping."

Brodie Farrell, entrepreneurial detective, finds herself single and pregnant. Her best friend Daniel volunteers to help with the legwork, but has his own mystery - twelve-year-old Noah has come to him, showing all the signs of domestic abuse. Meanwhile, Jack Deacon is investigating an old friend, Terry Walsh, who is accused of smuggling drugs. When witnesses report seeing Walsh take a rival crook on his bo
Lorin Cary
Jo Bannister weaves plots and sub-plots with great skill. Her characters in this novel are alive; they emote; they are believable; they are likeable. My difficulty is that if Brodie Farrell is supposed to be the protagonist, then something is missing. Brodie appears too infrequently and she is not the principal agent of solution. There are two mysteries going on: who beat the child Noah, and is there a way to nail crim Terry? Daniel Hood, a teacher who has gone through some personal crisis and i ...more
Grey853
I love the way Jo Bannister writes. It's very compelling and shows you the characters rather than telling you about the characters.

I like her Castlemere series much better than the ones with Brodie Farrell. Still, the saving grace for that series is Daniel Hood. In fact, if it were up to me, she could leave Brodie and her lover Jack Deacon out and just focus on Daniel and the trouble he seems to attract and I'd be a happy reader.

In this one, instead of going back to teaching, he's helping Brodi
Diane Bannister
Let me start by saying I didn't start the series with the right book, so I have no idea of their back story. But I don't like the characters they are all whiny and very hard to like. I might in the future get the first in the series and see if I like them any better.
Jan
The subject matter was so difficult for me that I didn't enjoy the book...had to push myself to finish it.
Emjay
There's a lot going on in Brodie Farrell's life. Her relationship with the difficult Detective Superintendent Jack Deacon is on the fritz just as she's discovered that she's pregnant. To keep her one woman detective agency (Looking For Something?) afloat, Brodie takes her best and platonic friend Daniel Hood into the business. One of Daniel's new clients is ten year old Noah who may be beomg abused by his influential lawyer father. And visiting Inspector Alix Hyde is trying to bring down local c ...more
Jamie
I enjoyed reading this book; it holds plenty of action and has a big, if sad, twist at the end. I had a little trouble keeping everything going on with the criminal Terry Walsh straight, but I did like how Bannister put a new angle on the unfortunate reality that is child abuse.
Deborah Rochon
I am not sure if I am a fan of the way Jo Bannister writes. Its the way Jo has so many characters and their own story lines all running at once. And its not till the last few chapters does it make sense at all. A friend gave it to me to read. We will see.
Lindig
More of a general fiction than a mystery, which is why I didn't finish it. Yes, I'm interested in the private lives of cops and investigators and the like, but I don't that want that to overshadow the mystery.
Tory Wagner
O.K. British mystery. Couldn't really relate to the characters. Not sure I really understood all the machinations.
Annji
Part of a series. Unraveling the crime was still enjoyable but the characters are feeling stale.
Tawny
Trying some mysteries for a change. Not my favorite genre, but I enjoy how it makes me think.
Janet
Boring, not suspenseful at all.
Vicky Beltz
Vicky Beltz marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Gloria
Gloria marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Nancy Yob
Nancy Yob marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Lb Ritter
Lb Ritter marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Sandra
Sandra added it
Jun 15, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Thewalkinglexicon
Thewalkinglexicon marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Robin
Robin added it
Apr 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Jo Bannister lives in Northern Ireland, where she worked as a journalist and editor on local newspapers. Since giving up the day job, her books have been shortlisted for a number of awards. Most of her spare time is spent with her horse and dog, or clambering over archaeological sites. She is currently working on a new series of psychological crime/thrillers.
More about Jo Bannister...
Deadly Virtues Echoes of Lies (Brodie Farrell, #1) Death in High Places True Witness (Brodie Farrell, #2) Liars All