Start by marking “The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies, #2)

The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies #2)

4.17  ·  Rating Details ·  101,012 Ratings  ·  5,591 Reviews
I've seen him on the news. Followed the stories about what happened in Ohio. John Smith, out there, on the run. To the world, he's a mystery. But to me . . . he's one of us.

Nine of us came here, but sometimes I wonder if time has changed us—if we all still believe in our mission. How can I know? There are six of us left. We're hiding, blending in, avoiding contact with one
Published August 23rd 2011 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about The Power of Six, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Will I actually thought that it was a good touch to the story, because it was something different to all of the other numbers Legacies. And It gave the…moreI actually thought that it was a good touch to the story, because it was something different to all of the other numbers Legacies. And It gave the reader a lot more freedom in how they could think up the story.(less)
Maya That would totally be the reader's opinion, but in my opinion I thought The Power of Six was slightly better.

There are probably spoilers:

Jess: Hello there, James Frey, aka Pittacus Lore. Welcome to the show.
James Frey: Thanks for having me. How much money did we agree I'd be getting for this interview?
Jess: A lot.
James Frey: Good, because I adore money.
Jess: I can tell. In the past nine months you've released two New York Times Best Selling novels, one e-book/novella, and had a large budget film adaption. You must be stoked. You and Mr. Hughes are rolling in money
James Frey:Yes, we are.
Jess: Lets
Migs Austria
Sep 05, 2011 Migs Austria rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lorien-legacies
I've finally read the highly anticipated sequel to I Am Number Four. I love how the author wrote it in two perspectives: John's and Marina's.

The Power of Six is much more action-packed than the first. There are some issues of betrayal and love and sacrifices.

Six, you badass alien, I think I like you too.
It's definitely worth the wait and when's the third book coming out? I. NEED. MORE.

Arlene
Jan 07, 2014 Arlene rated it it was amazing
Rating Clarification: 4.5 Stars

Absolutely INTENSE!!

There are only six of us left. Six of us against any number of them. And no way of knowing how we might possibly find one another. We’re the only hope. Strength in numbers. The power of six...

Wow! Now this is what I call adrenaline pumping, high impact action. I felt I was on a turbo jet ride that wouldn’t stop! O.O There wasn’t one moment in this book where I let my guard down or allowed myself to settle into a false sense of security or saftey
Angela
I received an ARC copy of this book from the publisher for a honest, fair review. This is me being honest; I'm not sure if it's fair...

I did not like the first book of this series, and I had decided not to waste my time on the sequel. I should have gone with my gut reaction and stayed far, far away from this book. Why did I read it? The better question is, why did I bother seeing the movie after disliking the book so greatly? The answer to that question is simpler, the tickets were free. How do
Aj the Ravenous Reader
It took me a while to get a copy of this book and at one point, I sort of lost my enthusiast in reading this sequel to I am Number Four, because I guess, I waited too long. But when I read the book ,it was as if I haven't left the prequel at all. This book grabbed me from hanging off the cliff as the members of the garde gradually find one another. I just felt a bit annoyed at Four for his fickle emotions for both Sarah and Six.
P
Nov 30, 2016 P rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
“If you ever know a man who tries to drown his sorrows, kindly inform him his sorrows know how to swim.”

The Power of Six was not what I'd expected, the book was slow in the beginning, its story revolves around Number Seven. I think most of her parts were boring. I'm curious, in spite of the title about Number Six, why this book is all about Number Seven. Her character is not strong as the others, and not for my taste, yet I hope that Pittacus put her here for some reason. I just hope.

“The ke
Jamie
Sep 06, 2011 Jamie rated it it was amazing
Sorry but if you are not going to be constructive then why are you dragging on about hating the book and only reading it because the guy who played Alex rider in stormbreaker is in it?
P.s. You can't really comment on a book that isn't out yet and therefore you can't have read. Goo drool over Alex whats-his-name.
Mark
The first volume I sort of read by mistake last year but it was ok. Obviously I am not exactly the target audience so would not expect my excitement to have me rush to the bookshop and batter on the door till number two volume was handed to me but even i was amazed that i ambled along quite merrily for months without giving the slightest stuff about number 4 and his collected band of Mog battlers. (And is it only me who keeps imagining dear old Judith Kerr's creation standing in the middle of ...more
Andi
Jun 30, 2016 Andi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: the-archives
Loved this sequel! We meet more of the Legacies in this book and I loved every one of them! I love the interaction between the characters and oh my god this book was so griping it's crazy! The story is definitely moving forward fast and there was so much action just like the first book. My only complaint about this book was the romance was a bit cringeworthy and childish and I'm also not loving Sarah anymore. She needs to leave. Other than that, the book was all kinds of fun!
Joy (joyous reads)
Nov 09, 2011 Joy (joyous reads) rated it it was ok
Initial Reaction After Reading:

I'm thoroughly angry. The majority of the book was a fantastic read...until I got to the parts where Four/John Smith agonized like a fickle boy stuck between loving one girl and liking another. Oh, there's a difference. It makes me mad that THIS overshadowed how great this book could've been. I'm sorry that I'm so hung up on the forced romances in this book but I detest love triangles; hate it, hate it, hate it - with a passion. I have debated on abadoning this boo
lolo'
Jul 11, 2016 lolo' rated it really liked it
Okay review time.

It took me FOUR days to read this book. Meeeee! Speedy Gonzalez of readers took FOUR days to read this.

I just knew in my heart that this book would end me.

It kinda did.

Like a lot.

4.5 stars for sure!

*SPOILERS BELOW SPOILERS BELOW SPOILERS *

what the fuck is happening to Sam?!

Nine is seems crazy but i'm intrigued!

Marina kinda annoyed me at first but damn the girl can breathe underwater and heal just about anything what evennnnnn!! And the way she protects ELLA I cry I cry.

S
Kai
Jul 12, 2016 Kai rated it liked it
Shelves: owned, 2016
“The only limits for tomorrow are the doubts we have today.”

3.5/5 Stars

The first time I picked up The Lorien Legacies, feels like ages ago. Maybe three or even four years. I had to freshen up my memories and decided to rewatch the movie, which was a great idea thanks to Alex Pettyfer.

The Power of Six is really fast-paced and action packed. The writing is easy and entertaining, and I finished it in only a day.
What makes this series so exciting is the large cast and their many special powers. I'm
Shannon
Jul 03, 2011 Shannon rated it really liked it
I got my hands on an advanced reading copy of this and I eagerly tore into it. After a bit of a slow start, the story soon picks up the pace ending in an all out battle with a few epic twists. The Power of Six introduces us to another one of the nine and half of the story is narrated from her point of view.

There are plenty of moments that had me on the edge of my seat and we finally find out what was in the second spaceship that left Lorien in John's visions. Just as interesting and addictive a
~Tina~
Aug 29, 2011 ~Tina~ rated it really liked it
(4.5 star)

The Power of Six starts off right from the aftermath of the Paradise disaster. John, Sam and Six are on the run from the police and FBI with the Mogadorians hot on the trail. They want to try to find the other Numbers, combining each of their powers to fight against the Mog's and bring peace to there planet Lorien, thus saving planet earth from certain doom.

I really enjoyed this book, but it felt like a filler more then anything. Nothing actually gets resolved but we do learn quite a
Tasha
Dec 11, 2011 Tasha rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
After battling against the Mogadorians at their school, John (Number Four) and his friend Sam have fled the town of Paradise with a price on their heads - the police believing them to be terrorists. In tow is chimera, Bernie Kosar, and the second Lorian we have met, Six.

Over in Spain, we also pick up the story of Number Seven, also known as Marina. She's currently living in a convent/orphanage, waiting for her legacies to develop and the right time to find the others.

The story switches between J
Kaya
Jun 02, 2016 Kaya rated it liked it
It would've gotten four stars if only Four weren't so obnoxious. I'm really starting to hate this new trend with protagonists being awesome in the first book, but utterly horrible in the sequels. It makes me so angry. Honestly, Four's personality ruins this book for me and if I don't see some changes in the third book, I don't think I'll bother with the rest of the series.

After battling against the Mogadorians at their school, Four(John), his best friend Sam and Six have fled the town with a pri
Colleen Houck
Mar 04, 2015 Colleen Houck added it
Shelves: aliens
Loved all the new powers. It's cool to see the kids get together and meet one another. Bernie-Kozar is my favorite thing. It would be so cool to have a shifter pet.
Eric Allen
Mar 25, 2014 Eric Allen rated it it was ok
The Power of Six
Book 2 of the Lorien Legacies
By Pittacus Lore

A Review by Eric Allen

Okay, despite the fact that one of the two (uncredited) authors of these books is a worthless waste of human life who can't find a bowl of chicken noodle soup to drown himself in quickly enough for my taste, I actually enjoyed, to some extent, the first book. Despite its complete lack of anything resembling a character, it was a fun read to take up an afternoon with. It was by no means a great book, but it wasn't
Twyla
Jan 02, 2012 Twyla rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book, it was fast paced and a fairly easy read with some great twists and turns. I really enjoyed how it answered some of my questions but also created new ones that I am wondering about now. Below in bold Italics are the answers and new questions I have.

I read the first book and loved it! I am really excited for the second book. I want to do some speculating:

1) The power of six, has to be the story of them finding the six remaining Loriens. But that doesn't mean that they will
Mike (the Paladin)
Feb 26, 2015 Mike (the Paladin) rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, ya-fantasy
In the Book(s) of the New Sun the narrator ends each volume with the statement that he will understand if the reader chooses not to proceed any further with him on his journey. Well I have reached that point with our numbered protagonists.

Where I found the first book in this series fairly interesting, this one pretty much (so far as I'm concerned) crashed and burned. Heavy overly dramatic dialogue, massive amounts of teen angst, a switch in the story telling to include some heavy handed indoctri
Jemma
Feb 24, 2016 Jemma rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-reads
It's been almost a year since I read I Am Number Four but I have decided to take this out of my library and give it a go. When I started it, it was as if I had never been away. My library gives you 2 months to read a book (unless you want to renew it) and I had The Power of Six read and returned in only 3 days.

The Power of Six now adds another point of view into the Lorien Legacies and it is just as good as I Am Number Four was.

I cannot wait to see what else the author has in store for
Dean JF Walsh
Jan 07, 2014 Dean JF Walsh rated it it was amazing
Its been a long wait but i finally got the chance to read the thrilling new squeal to Lorian Legacies "The Power Of Six" where to begin?

First i liked the idea of it being from two different perspectives of both John and Marina, in my review prior to the release of this book coming out i said that this book would be centered completely around seven to give us a break from john but as i read on i realized it made seance to include john as he still has his own story to fulfill.

Six still remains my
♔ Shayna
Sep 10, 2011 ♔ Shayna rated it really liked it
Gotta say, I prefer this book much more than the original. John wasn't as much as a douche, though he had his moments. As for Sarah.... THAT WITCH! HOW COULD SHE?!? Oohhh, I almost threw the book I was so angry!!! Anyway, I was way excited about meeting the other numbers. Marina will have to take some getting used to... But I instantly loved Ella, she was so cute and amazing.

This book had wayy more action than the first, which is perfect to me. However John made stupid decisions as usual and of
Victoria Scott
Oct 19, 2011 Victoria Scott rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. Freaking. God.

This is me, standing up on my chair applauding an empty room like an idiot. 10 minutes ago, I read the last page of THE POWER OF SIX. Nine minutes ago, I called my mother in hysterics telling her she must--MUST--read the I AM NUMBER FOUR series. Here's how the convo went:

Mom: Sounds like you loved them. I'll read them.

Me: When. Now?

Mom: I'll buy them when they're all out.

Me: No. You will buy the first two today and then loathe the world that the third isn't out yet.

Mom: F
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
"I was just thinking that, out of the four of us, three are aliens, two are fugitives with terrorist ties, and not a single one of us has a valid driver's licence. Something tells me things might get interesting."

Whoooo! Before I start this review, can I just say that Lore absolutely smashed ‘I am Number Four’ out of the park with this! The Power of Six is an absolutely fantastic sequel that has left me dying to know to more.

The Power of Six is told from alternate point of views. We’re introdu
Natalie
May 08, 2012 Natalie rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Paranormal romance fans
So, the first book was OK, but I read it because I had nothing better to do. This book mainly circulates around the Four-Six-Sam-Sarah love triangle/square, which honestly, bores me. It's not done well, it's SO cliche. Lines like "I'll love you forever" and "I can only love one" make me want to vomit. But past that, what is so desireable about Four? He's kind of an asshole: He leaves his best friend to die in a pit full of monsters and he leaves his girlfriend and in the process makes out with ...more
Jacqueline
Apr 05, 2012 Jacqueline rated it it was amazing
Where do I even begin...? This book was absolutely amazing and I regret not reading the first one! (I watched the crappy movie instead!)

I don't really know how to write a review for this book without giving away spoilers so just bare with me! Although it says the book is narrated by Seven, Number Four's opinion is also included! I love how the story is taking more definite ground! (Which of course means double the action and double the Mogadorians!) You also learn a bit more about Six along with
Keli
Jan 31, 2011 Keli marked it as to-read
Man that is the WORST COVER EVER! It looks like an advertisment for Veggie Tales!!!
Nikoleta
May 23, 2015 Nikoleta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Αυτός ο τεσσερά... ότι να'ναι έκανε...Πολύ ωραία περιπέτεια, αλλά αυτον θέλω να τον δείρω!!!
Kyle
Jan 04, 2016 Kyle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's slow getting started but once it's going it's quite a ride.
Why no movie??!! 223 2903 Nov 01, 2016 10:07PM
Movie? 24 901 Nov 01, 2016 10:06PM
Lorian Legacies : The Power of Six (book 2) 1 1 Apr 22, 2016 05:21AM
Lorian Legacies Fans: Power of six 1 3 Feb 27, 2016 08:11AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: The power of six (I am number four #2) by Pittacus Lore - Restarting March 20th 2015 38 87 Mar 24, 2015 01:23PM
  • The Doomsday Code (TimeRiders, #3)
  • Zero Moment (The Joshua Files, #3)
  • Light (Gone, #6)
  • Solitary (Escape from Furnace, #2)
  • Super Human (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #4)
  • Secret (Elemental, #4)
  • Away (The Line, #2)
  • Uncommon Criminals (Heist Society, #2)
  • Brigands M.C. (Cherub, #11)
  • Sapphique (Incarceron, #2)
  • Ark Angel (Alex Rider, #6)
  • The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2)
  • Hades (Halo, #2)
  • Desires of the Dead (The Body Finder, #2)
  • The Overlord Protocol (H.I.V.E., #2)
  • Rip Tide (Dark Life, #2)
  • The Rising (Department 19, #2)
Pittacus Lore is the collection pseudonym of James Frey and Jobie Hughes.
More about Pittacus Lore...

Lorien Legacies (7 books)
  • I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1)
  • The Rise of Nine (Lorien Legacies, #3)
  • The Fall of Five (Lorien Legacies, #4)
  • The Revenge of Seven (Lorien Legacies, #5)
  • The Fate of Ten (Lorien Legacies, #6)
  • United as One (Lorien Legacies, #7)

“The only limits for tomorrow are the doubts we have today.” 553 likes