Start by marking “Sheet Music (Covert Attractions, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sheet Music (Covert Attractions, #1)

Sheet Music (Covert Attractions #1)

Music journalist Kyra Martin faces the toughest assignment of her career-to write a cover story about enigmatic heartthrob David Tallis. Deadline looming, Kyra plans to go undercover. When she ends up under the covers with the sexy superstar instead, can both her career and their budding relationship survive?

With a closet full of skeletons to hide, and a paparazzi-fueled d
Published August 4th 2010 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about Sheet Music, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sheet Music

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesBared to You by Sylvia DayFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesBackstage Pass by Olivia CunningFifty Shades Freed by E.L. James
Best Dirty Talk
75th out of 696 books — 950 voters
Thoughtless by S.C. StephensLove Unscripted by Tina ReberEffortless by S.C. StephensBreathe by Abbi GlinesBackstage Pass by Olivia Cunning
Famous Characters
64th out of 423 books — 915 voters

More lists with this book...

Diana~
Dec 20, 2010 Diana~ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica-romance
Don't let the cover of the book lure you away! Yes, it's sexy but you've got to give this author a chance. Even though I'm not really sure how I feel about this book, it's a pretty good erotica romance for Tibby Armstrong's first debut. The love scenes were scorching hot, even if the hero was a jerk at first. He's definitely a verocious lover and both the hero and heroine have had past traumas and the "villain" was easy to figure out. The writing itself is vivid and very sexy, along with charact ...more
Paul Weimer
Sep 24, 2010 Paul Weimer rated it really liked it
Recommended to Paul by: Tibby Armstrong
She's a music reporter. He's an enigmatic musician. Together they catch fire!

The best erotic fiction that works on a fictional as well as a heat level works because the author makes us give a tinker's dam about the characters. Sure, the build up of passion, heat, and sex are the main selling points for erotic fiction. Its true. But when an author manages to get you to care what happens outside of the bedroom (or kitchen, or...), then you have a keeper. The author has managed to create a work of
Kele Moon
Aug 09, 2010 Kele Moon rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rock-and-roll, m-f
I absolutely adored this book! More than being incredibly hot and steamy, the writing is incandescently beautiful and the characters are vivid. I love the backdrop of the rock and roll world, feeling the reality of it behind the scenes. It somehow made the entire story more potent.

I don’t want to give too much away, but David is one of those haunted, tortured past heroes I adore. Plus, this book really captures the sparkle that rock stars and other truly famous celebrities have. As a reader I r
Vashti
Aug 28, 2012 Vashti rated it it was amazing
At first,I really thought that I was not going to enjoy this book because of the heroine.She is a music reporter who would do anything to get a story, aka skanky girl.That is what I was led to believe,she is anything but.I loved this story ,the characters,just about everything in this book.Now on to read David ,the hero's sister story.
Paige Prince
Apr 04, 2012 Paige Prince rated it it was amazing
Shelves: request
I first discovered Tibby when I read No Apologies (if you haven't read that one yet, you really should - like, NOW), so when she told me she had another book out, I immediately jumped on the chance to read it. Unfortunately, because I had so much on my plate with school and family, I wasn't able to pick it up right away. And boy, am I ever kicking myself in the butt for that.

I had some stuff come up that landed me in a spot where all I was able to do was read, so I grabbed for my iPad and pulled
LynnMarie
Sep 11, 2010 LynnMarie rated it really liked it
Lena’s Review

Kyra Martin is a good journalist, but no one believes in her. She has been following David Tallis’ career for a while and the man is a mystery to her. Something about him is worth writing a story about, but how far can she go with him? For years she has tried to be a professional but something about David just excites her like no other man has done. Kyra has issues that still haunt her but must set them aside no matter who gets hurt. She never expected that her assignment would lead
Morgan
Sep 11, 2011 Morgan rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

Tibby Armstrong’s debut novel, Sheet Music, was full of passion and heat.

This erotica romance is my favorite type of novel because it has a lot steam but it also has an entertaining plot. The best novels have a decent balance of the two.

Kyra, music journalist, and David, musician who hates reporters, are a perfect fit; they just have to figure it out for themselves. Their relationship starts out full of schemes, b
Rachel Rogers
Feb 02, 2012 Rachel Rogers rated it really liked it
Just read the final version of this debut by Tibby Armstrong. While Erotica isn't my chosen genre, I'll read more of Armstrong's work. Like the sequel that is coming (yay!). Kyra and David are likable characters and very real. The sex is very hot. The story is page turner that I wanted to find outhow it ended but also didn't want to reach the last page.

Read this pre-release. It changed some so I need to read the released version. Nonetheless, as the first novel of a new author, I was impressed.
A.J. Llewellyn
Nov 02, 2010 A.J. Llewellyn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own-a-copy
I will say from the outset I don't read a lot of het erotic romance but this one was really hot and also a tender, very layered story. I enjoyed the characters' relationship build up and the intensity of their sexual encounters.
Tibby has done her homework about the rock music industry and its reporters, because it all felt very real. Tibby really drew me into her story from the beginning. It's hard to believe this is her first book. She has great style and I loved her dialogue too. This is a boo
Cordykitten
(view spoiler)
Say
Nov 13, 2011 Say rated it really liked it
this was actually a good book....one might think it would all be about sex, but no it actually has a good story. i loved david and kyra's story though it was a lil bit predictable (i know the problem would arise with david's manager....it always do). i'm just sad that it's a lil bit short. i was hoping for a longer story. glad there would be a second book. in which david would make an appearance....yey!!! hope kyra does too!!!
Adriana
Nov 30, 2012 Adriana rated it really liked it

Ok I read this in one sitting it starts off very hot and heavy and you start to think it's all about sex but then the story comes to life and it's a great story :) I loved that David and Kyra's relationship starts hot and heavy but then they both learn to open up and learn to trust and the relationship develops into something special . Great read .
Emily
May 10, 2012 Emily rated it really liked it
"Singer David Tallis has been avoiding reporters for years so when journalist Kyra Martin becomes to difficult to ignore, David decides to flip the tables on her."

Full review on Sensual Reads
Halyna
Nov 24, 2011 Halyna rated it really liked it
I liked the book. It had rather interesting and unexpected plot, hot passion, charismatic protagonists. It was easy and pleasant to read, so I recommend it- fans of this genre will like it immensely!!
Michelle Kelly
Apr 18, 2011 Michelle Kelly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011-read
Read why I loved Sheet Music here:

thanks!

Beth Coughlin
Oct 13, 2011 Beth Coughlin rated it it was amazing
I am generally not a "chick lit" fan but this book is enough to make me reconsider. The characterization and plot are both solid work that stands alone beyond the genre standard.
 ~V~
May 03, 2013 ~V~ rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this! Short, sweet and very hot!! :)
Colette
Jun 19, 2012 Colette rated it really liked it
Loved this!
Davia Walker
Dec 11, 2012 Davia Walker rated it it was amazing
Loved this book, well written.
Lori McD
3-3.5 stars

When the coupling begins at 10 pgs or so in.... well, you know what you're in store for.

While I enjoyed this book, everything happened too fast. The overall plot line was predictable - the only surprise was "whodunnit" (who ratted to the paparazzi). OK, so our hero's circumstances weren't completely predictable, let's just say that it wasn't a huge surprise - a nice twist, but not a jaw-dropper.

Now, predictable and fast aren't always bad... it's just that overall character development
Ginger
May 15, 2013 Ginger rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2013, nook-shelf
I thought this story was okay and there were some hot parts so I kept reading ;-) Not sure on if I'll read any more of this author as the next one in this series Undercover Lover had me in awe of how stupid the story line was.
Emily Eck
Mar 02, 2013 Emily Eck rated it liked it
This was a 3.75. It was good. It was the same love, break up, get back together scenario but presented in a scenario I haven't read before.
Akyraa
Apr 07, 2013 Akyraa rated it liked it
well it was good...but a bit too fast for my taste...the h/hr jumped into bed together within first 10 pages of the book n the suspense was a bit predictable...
jea chan
jea chan rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2012
Sólborg
Sólborg rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2014
Shiela
Shiela rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2013
Kelli
Kelli rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2012
Darreth
Darreth rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2011
Michele A.
Michele A. rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2012
Sarah Woods
Sarah Woods rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2012
If you enjoyed Sheet Music... 1 7 Mar 26, 2014 06:07PM
  • Rock My World (Firewire, #1)
  • For All the Right Reasons
  • Falling Star (Earth Scents, #1)
  • For Everything
  • Blindsided
  • See You in My Dreams (Speed, #1)
  • Picking Art (Rock Hard Seduction, #2)
  • Rockstar
  • Trouble in the Making
  • Marry Me
  • Tangled Web (Tangled Web, #1)
  • Rock Star's Girl (A Hollywood Dating Story Book 1)
  • Face the Music
  • Unplugged (A Portrait of a Rock Star)
  • Love's Rhythm (Heart of Fame, #1)
  • More Than Words
  • Kiss a Falling Star
  • Time Out (Foolish Games, #2)

Covert Attractions (3 books)
  • Undercover Lover (Covert Attractions, #2)
  • Hard Target (Covert Attractions, #3)