Start by marking “Zendikar: In the Teeth of Akoum: A Magic: The Gathering Set Novel” as Want to Read:
Zendikar: In the Teeth of Akoum: A Magic: The Gathering Set Novel

Zendikar: In the Teeth of Akoum: A Magic: The Gathering Set Novel (Magic: The Gathering #62)

2.91  ·  Rating Details  ·  160 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
For gamers and fantasy fans alike, a fast-paced, stand-alone adventure that brings the popular trading card game Magic: the Gathering to life.

Lurking in the space between the aether and the physical plane, there is a great evil waiting to emerge.

Zendikar is a land of danger and adventure, a world of deadly risks and priceless rewards. It is also a prison to one of the m
Published (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Zendikar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zendikar

David
Apr 21, 2010 David rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-wotc
This was not what I was expecting. I was hoping for powerful planeswalkers traveling to contain the Eldrazi threat. I was hoping for some cool spell battles, a couple of decent fights, some history and character exploration.

This was not what I got. I got 3 people walking to their destination. There conversations are cryptic and we vaguely learn a bit about Nissa`s past, but not much. Sorin is just along for the ride, we learn nothing about him. We know he is a planeswalker, but him and Nissa don
Alicia Franklin
Oct 25, 2014 Alicia Franklin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
As a disclaimer, I have been searching for a book about Tibalt the Fiend-Blooded. Almost desperately. This desperation caused me to make the seemingly obvious assumption that a book with Sorin Markov would also include a mention of Tibalt in some form or another. However, once Sorin was placed in a forest, traveling with an elf and another vampire, I knew I would be sorely let down. And I was.

Others have said this, yet I will repeat it: there is a lot of walking. The plot had potential and it wa
Drew Perron
Christopher Bridges
This book was god awful. Let's just ignore for a moment the fact that it's rife with grammatical and spelling errors (even the main character's NAME is misspelled at least once).

Let's forget that the only adjective Wintermute seems to know to describe Sorin Markov's voice is "booming."

Sorin Markov is supposed to be a BADASS. He's basically the oldest planeswalker, short of Nicol !@#$ing Bolas, but you would never, ever know that he is powerful for reading this book. First, he's stuck playing sec
Duke
Apr 24, 2012 Duke rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Oh my god this book was awful
Robert
Jun 20, 2012 Robert rated it did not like it
The book was mildly entertaining but only because of its subject matter and was tolerable because of the Eldrazi's inherent cool factor. The beginning was fast paced and captivated my attention with the introduction of The Brood. After the initial burst of excitement the book took on a very uniform structure of traveling-battle. Some of the descriptions were successful, but after a few chapters it began to feel like the characters were just going through the motions. The characters were flat, cl ...more
Victor
May 24, 2012 Victor rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
BLAH! The only reason why I read this was because I wanted to learn more about Sorin Markov, and dang it, the book barely talks about his history! Is there a book ABOUT Sorin Markov, who he is, and so on? I mean, oh wait

SPOILER ALERT

They don’t even stop the bad guys! It ends on a cliffhanger. And what are the bad guys? Tentacle monsters. Come on, couldn’t you come up with something more original?

No, I did not enjoy this book. Besides, for a tough guy, Sorin sure did get his butt kicked a lot in
Mathew Ostrander
I was a little disappointed in this book. I hadn't played much of the Zendikar set so I was really relying on the book to fill me in on the storyline. But the book just kind of built up and then ended. Much more interested in Sorin now and I feel my dislike of Nissa is vindicated.
Cayce
May 28, 2014 Cayce rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I WANTED to like this book. I tried so hard. And while it was not the worst book ever by a long shot it certainly fell short. There are hands down much better mtg books out there. Unfortunately if you want to read anything regarding Zendikar this is your only option.
Matt
Sep 30, 2013 Matt rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The novel begins well but the resolution is horrible.The elf is unbelievably stupid.The first three quarters of the book is good though.
Jemma
Too much walking around not getting things done.
Andreas
Andreas rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2016
Fabian
Fabian marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Jordan
Jordan marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2016
Vincent Getigan
Vincent Getigan marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016
Matthew L
Matthew L marked it as to-read
Connor
Connor marked it as to-read
Valéria Budošova
Valéria Budošova marked it as to-read
Chad
Chad rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2016
Borja Eugui
Borja Eugui rated it it was ok
Jun 02, 2016
Markii
Markii marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Rhianna Neel
Rhianna Neel marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
Logan Noble
Logan Noble rated it did not like it
May 24, 2016
Andrew Hawks
Andrew Hawks marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Andrew Hawks
Andrew Hawks marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Planartrade
Planartrade marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Sean Nau
Sean Nau marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Farron Kelly
Farron Kelly marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
  • The Purifying Fire (Magic: The Gathering: Planeswalker, #2)
  • Shadowmoor: Shadowmoor Cycle, Book I
  • Alara Unbroken (Magic: The Gathering)
  • Eventide (Magic: The Gathering: Lorwyn Cycle Part II: Shadowmoor Cycle, #2)
  • Planar Chaos (Magic: The Gathering: Time Spiral Cycle, #2)
  • The Colors of Magic (Magic: The Gathering: Anthology, #4)
  • Nemesis (Magic: The Gathering: Masquerade Cycle, #2)
  • Ashes of the Sun (Magic: The Gathering)
  • The Thran (Magic: The Gathering)
  • Agents of Artifice (Magic: The Gathering: Planeswalker, #1)
  • Hazezon (Magic: The Gathering: Legends Cycle, #3)

Magic: The Gathering (1 - 10 of 63 books)
  • Arena (Magic: The Gathering)
  • Whispering Woods (Magic: The Gathering: Greensleeves, #1)
  • Shattered Chains (Magic: The Gathering: Greensleeves, #2)
  • Final Sacrifice (Magic: The Gathering: Greensleeves, #3)
  • The Cursed Land (Magic: The Gathering)
  • The Prodigal Sorcerer (Magic: The Gathering)
  • Ashes of the Sun (Magic: The Gathering)
  • Tapestries (Magic: The Gathering: Anthology, #1)
  • Distant Planes (Magic: The Gathering: Anthology, #2)
  • Song of Time (Magic: The Gathering)