Start by marking “Day of the Dead” as Want to Read:
Day of the Dead

Day of the Dead

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Introduces the holiday, Day of the Dead, or D ia de los Muertos, and describes how it is celebrated in Mexico and in the United States.
Published January 1st 2004 by Carolrhoda Books (first published July 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Day of the Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Day of the Dead

Sarai
This book discusses various aspects of the D'a de los Muertos holiday. The author explains that the celebrations are used as a way to honor the dead, and how it is all a part of the cycle of life.

I checked this out because I decided I needed to know a little bit more about the holiday, since we have programs to celebrate it at the library. The book was very easy to read and understand, though I still find all the skeleton pieces of the holiday to be a bit ghoulish. :)

Amazon rated for kindergarte
Nancy Schroeder
This book introduces the Day of the Dead, or Dia de los Muertos as it's called in Spanish. In addition to giving an explanation behind the tradition, it outlines some activities done on each day of the 3-day celebration in Mexico and other places in North America.
Patricia
What an excellent resource for Spanish teachers! Even though this is a translation, it is well written, clear, age-appropriate for children, and the illustrations are sweet and very helpful. This is one for me to buy for my personal library and use yearly!
Eva
This book says so much about el dia de los muertos but in such a child-friendly way that I can read it to my four year olds. I love the way the Lowery provides the historical connection to the celebration. Excellent work!
Jeanette
Mar 01, 2008 Jeanette added it
Recommends it for: Kids
I checked this out from the library to get ideas for our wedding since it's going to be Dia de los Muertos. I had no clue this was a kids book. It was still informative with a lot of cool pictures and a cute story.
Christian Padgett
This book does a great job of explaining what Day of the Dead is. It goes into detail about this history of the holiday and the purpose. Furthermore, it describes what occurs during the holiday.
S10_Kelly
This book takes the reader throught the 3 day traditions and customs for The Day of the Dead.
Xyaire Hartwell
Xyaire Hartwell marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Fiona
Fiona marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2013
Brown Nguyen
Brown Nguyen marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2013
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2012
Brent
Brent marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2012
Kevin
Kevin added it
Mar 26, 2010
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2009
Truth and Salsa Spell Of The Winter Wizard  (Endless Quest #11) Secret Sorceress Twist With a Burger, Jitter With a Bug Aunt Clara Brown: Official Pioneer