Start by marking “Monster War (Nightmare Academy #3)” as Want to Read:
Monster War (Nightmare Academy #3)

Monster War (Nightmare Academy #3)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  525 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Charlie is in big trouble

Dangeroos, Mimics, Netherstalkers, and worse are everywhere, and the danger to our world has never been greater. The Named have succeeded in summoning the Queen of Nightmares, a villain so terrible that only one person can stop her--Charlie Benjamin, armed with the Sword of Sacrifice. But Charlie can't get the fabled sword without the help of his f
Published July 27th 2010 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Monster War, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Lazybee
The book was mediocre at best. The book lacks something that stands out. But has everything a typical superhero book needs. Overpowered villain with one weakness, hero is special among special, typical friends who is willing to die for hero, a good guy turning into villain, I can go on and on.

The books revolve around Charlie who becomes renegade, trying to stop the evil fifth named, with the help of his friends.
This book is definitely not for the adults...
Hunter
"Nightmare Academy - Monster Madness" by Dean Lorey was my favorite book of the series yet. Not only was the story (book three in the series) epic, but so was the setup for the next book as well. The main plot consists of millions of monsters and their creator plotting an attack on Earth. Charlie Benjamin (the main character) was born with the special ability of being a "double threat", meaning he can both wield magical weapons and can create portals to other worlds. This ability is extremely ra ...more
Heaven
Charlie and his friends are trying to stop the 5th named creature. With her tremendus power she kills of all 4 of the named creatures except for Edward and lets him gain the poewer of a monster when he kills Charlie. Now the only way to stop the 5th is to get the Sword of Sacrifice and needs the help of his frinds to do so as it's name suggests.
This is the last book of the Nightmare Acdamy seris and i found that this book didn't really have a ditting end. Instead of staying with his friends he
Andrew Albertsen
how do, I read these books please reply
Moaz
Jul 09, 2014 Moaz marked it as to-read
awesome book
Erin Pauley
I enjoyed reading this series despite the fact that it wasn't really my thing. I honestly feel like this series would be enjoyed more by boys, I normally don't feel that way about any books but these ones are an exception. I am a little upset by how the series has ended, I am wondering what will become of Charlie Benjamin and why he just left his friends. I felt like the end was disappointing but I am glad I finished the series and I guess I will just have to wonder about the nightmare division' ...more
Caranna
Yet another great installment in this book series by Dean Lorey. Packed with action and adventure Lorey kept the reader on the edge of their seat. This story is a thrill ride that takes the reader through some unexpected turns. It's packed to the gills with good humor, and there is never a dull moment. This one is a page turn that will keep you up late into the night.

We have read all of these books together as a family and everyone loved them.
Sarah Tilatitsky
This book is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! Believe me, I love this kind of "practical" magic. It's not as if there is nothing more than a stupid story. Just read it. But, read the first two before you read this. You might understand it better.
Stephanie
Couldn't help myself... I read the other two to my son, and he got ahead of me and read this one before I got to read it to him.. I had to keep up with him..

Ok, it was pretty good, can't wait for the next ones!
Alexander Draganov
More like 4.5, because the ending was a bit pointless. However, the book was a very quick and entertaining read, with original ideas, non-stop action and very likeable characters. I liked it!
Michelle
It was a nice read, the characters were great the monsters and the antagonists were created rather well enough to captivate and cater to the younger audience of this book. Great read!
Ainul Riz
Nice. I liked it. It was very fast-paced. [SPOILER! And I appreciate the fact that there is no love-interest.] But the ending was just... GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!
Beka
A good end to the Nightmare Academy trilogy, but I hope he does continue the series later.
Nic
Great story!!! It was better than I thought it was really liked it!!!!!!!!!
Rajashree
I so hope there's a sequel! I really wanna find out what Charlie does.
Tanja
Loved this dries for my kids. My 8,6, and 4 year old loved these books.
Jay
cool book
Kenéz Boglárka
Kenéz Boglárka marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Brian Barnett
Brian Barnett marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Nira Avalon
Nira Avalon marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Huy
Huy added it
May 18, 2015
  • Penumbras (Middle School Magic, #2)
  • Of Witches and Wind
  • The Three Furies (Erec Rex, #4)
  • The Relic Hunters (Grey Griffins: The Clockwork Chronicles, #2)
  • Against His Will
  • Fly Boy
  • Blood and Sand (Midnight Library)
  • LEGO Play Book: Ideas to Bring Your Bricks to
  • Sleeping Beauty: Vampire Slayer (Twisted Tales, #2)
  • Chronicle (Ther Melian, #2)
  • The Divine Message of the DNA
  • The Science & Miracle of Zona Ikhlas
  • The Dragon Scroll (Sugawara Akitada, #1)
  • 101 Cerita Bijak dari Korea
  • March Of The Ankylosaurus (Dinosaur Cove, #3)
  • How to Train Your Dragon: The Chapter Book
  • Leonardo Da Vinci: Giants of Science #1
  • Fantasy Fiesta 2011: Antologi Cerita Fantasi Terbaik 2011
Emmy-Nominated screenwriter, Dean Lorey, is currently an Executive Producer (with David E. Kelley) on THE CRAZY ONES, a comedy starring Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar that premieres on CBS this fall. His past TV credits include ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT, MY WIFE AND KIDS and RUNNING WILDE.

His movie credits include MAJOR PAYNE, MY BOYFRIEND’S BACK and FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 9: JASON GOES TO HELL
More about Dean Lorey...

Nightmare Academy (3 books)
  • Nightmare Academy (Nightmare Academy #1)
  • Monster Madness (Nightmare Academy #2)
Nightmare Academy (Nightmare Academy #1) Monster Madness (Nightmare Academy #2) Fitness Confidential Half-Minute Horrors