Monster War (Nightmare Academy #3)

Monster War (Nightmare Academy #3)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  414 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Charlie is in big trouble

Dangeroos, Mimics, Netherstalkers, and worse are everywhere, and the danger to our world has never been greater. The Named have succeeded in summoning the Queen of Nightmares, a villain so terrible that only one person can stop her--Charlie Benjamin, armed with the Sword of Sacrifice. But Charlie can't get the fabled sword without the help of his f...more
Published July 27th 2010 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published January 1st 2009)

Hunter
"Nightmare Academy - Monster Madness" by Dean Lorey was my favorite book of the series yet. Not only was the story (book three in the series) epic, but so was the setup for the next book as well. The main plot consists of millions of monsters and their creator plotting an attack on Earth. Charlie Benjamin (the main character) was born with the special ability of being a "double threat", meaning he can both wield magical weapons and can create portals to other worlds. This ability is extremely ra...more
Heaven
Charlie and his friends are trying to stop the 5th named creature. With her tremendus power she kills of all 4 of the named creatures except for Edward and lets him gain the poewer of a monster when he kills Charlie. Now the only way to stop the 5th is to get the Sword of Sacrifice and needs the help of his frinds to do so as it's name suggests.
This is the last book of the Nightmare Acdamy seris and i found that this book didn't really have a ditting end. Instead of staying with his friends he...more
Andrew Albertsen
how do, I read these books please reply
Moaz
Jul 09, 2014 Moaz marked it as to-read
awesome book
Caranna
Yet another great installment in this book series by Dean Lorey. Packed with action and adventure Lorey kept the reader on the edge of their seat. This story is a thrill ride that takes the reader through some unexpected turns. It's packed to the gills with good humor, and there is never a dull moment. This one is a page turn that will keep you up late into the night.

We have read all of these books together as a family and everyone loved them.
Alyssia Põltsam
I love it. Like almost all of the books, that I've read, I love it. Only thing that maybe confused me, was the end of the book. I hope, that the 4th book would come out. I don't know, does Dean Lorey will write that, but I hope so... GREAT!
Sarah Tilatitsky
This book is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! Believe me, I love this kind of "practical" magic. It's not as if there is nothing more than a stupid story. Just read it. But, read the first two before you read this. You might understand it better.
Stephanie
Couldn't help myself... I read the other two to my son, and he got ahead of me and read this one before I got to read it to him.. I had to keep up with him..

Ok, it was pretty good, can't wait for the next ones!
Alexander Draganov
More like 4.5, because the ending was a bit pointless. However, the book was a very quick and entertaining read, with original ideas, non-stop action and very likeable characters. I liked it!
Michelle
It was a nice read, the characters were great the monsters and the antagonists were created rather well enough to captivate and cater to the younger audience of this book. Great read!
Nic
Great story!!! It was better than I thought it was really liked it!!!!!!!!!
Rajashree
I so hope there's a sequel! I really wanna find out what Charlie does.
Tanja
Loved this dries for my kids. My 8,6, and 4 year old loved these books.
Jay
cool book
Bev
Bev marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Jessy
Jessy marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Drew
Drew marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Summer
Summer marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Oz
Oz added it
Jun 27, 2014
Hayley Prall
Hayley Prall marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
  • The Secret of Ashona (Erec Rex, #5)
  • Scarlett Dedd
  • How to Train Your Viking, by Toothless the Dragon
  • The Relic Hunters (Grey Griffins: The Clockwork Chronicles, #2)
  • Between Two Ends
  • The Fiend and the Forge (The Tapestry, #3)
  • Courtney Crumrin and the Coven of Mystics (Courtney Crumrin, #2)
  • Sentinelspire (Forgotten Realms: The Citadels, #4)
  • How Do Dinosaurs Learn to Read?
  • Zombiekins
  • LEGO Harry Potter: Building the Magical World
  • Bladesinger (Forgotten Realms: The Fighters, #4)
  • The Lost Barkscrolls: The Edge Chronicles
  • Arachnid The Spider King (Beast Quest, #11)
  • Warrior Priest of Dmon-Li (The Morcyth Saga, #3)
  • Sleeping Beauty: Vampire Slayer (Twisted Tales, #2)
  • After The Rain (Phil Broker, #5)
  • Piratica III: The Family Sea (Piratica, #3)
Emmy-Nominated screenwriter, Dean Lorey, is currently an Executive Producer (with David E. Kelley) on THE CRAZY ONES, a comedy starring Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar that premieres on CBS this fall. His past TV credits include ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT, MY WIFE AND KIDS and RUNNING WILDE.

His movie credits include MAJOR PAYNE, MY BOYFRIEND’S BACK and FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 9: JASON GOES TO HELL...more
More about Dean Lorey...
Nightmare Academy (Nightmare Academy #1) Monster Madness (Nightmare Academy #2) Fitness Confidential Half-Minute Horrors