Where My Heart Belongs

Where My Heart Belongs

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  363 ratings  ·  36 reviews
Twelve years ago, spoiled Amy Halbert changed her name, demanded her share of the family's money, and dropped out of sight. Now as her father lies dying at the family farm in Kansas, Amy shows up out of nowhere. Her father is overjoyed to see her and learns that she's come to know the Lord. Before he dies, he begs his older daughter, Kathy, to be a good sister and welcome...more
Hardcover, Large Print, 335 pages
Published January 1st 2008 by Center Point (first published September 7th 2007)

Danica Page (One Page at a Time)
I love Tracie Peterson's books and this is no exception. The story is about two sisters, Kathy and Sunny. Sunny left home twelve years ago and didn't contact anybody in her family. When she returns home a changed person, her dad is ecstatic and welcomes her home like the prodigal. Kathy, however, is greatly displeased. She blames Summer for the problems in her life.

The story of forgiveness is touching and I found myself drawn into the stories of these two sisters. Definitely recommend it for any...more
Amanda
I had checked this book out for my grandmother on a whim, because our library's selection of large print isn't too great. I was gathering everything to return and decided I wanted to try this one too. I'm so glad I did! It was really hard to put this one down. I could relate to a lot of the things Sunny had gone through in her life, and how some people will hold those things against you for a very long time. I love the characters as well as the message. It was definitely a good read!
Sheri
I enjoyed this book. The flow was good and it had you wondering about the past life of Amy (Sunshine) and the author summed everything up pretty well.
It was the first book I'd read after reading straight thru the 12 left behind series so it was a good place to be.
Brenda ♥Queen of Aces (Asexuals)♥
I loved this book! It was like a retelling of the story of the Prodigal Son. I highly recommend it, definitely!!!!! :DDDD
Jessie
"Where My Heart Belongs", by Tracie Peterson was such a good book. It was about two sisters, Kathy and Amy. Amy left town shortly after turning 18, and nobody has heard from her in 12 years. Kathy had to put her life on hold to care for their ill parents. Now, Amy has returned and Kathy will have to deal with all of her ill feelings toward Amy. There are some unexpected discoveries, along with their blossoming relationship with the Lord. This was a great, Christian themed book.
Rachel
I'm a huge fan of Tracie Peterson, and this was definitely not her best. I am so used to her excellence in the historical fiction genre which made this book uncomparable. It was a pretty good modern-day book that related to the parable of the Prodigal Son. It was an enjoyable read, but I felt liked it dragged on a little bit too much. My favorite parts were when the book faded to Sunshine talking about her past. The rest of it was pretty slow going. It wasn't an awful book but probably my least...more
Gina
A girl leaves home on the premise that her life is in a deadend in the small Kansas farming community where she was raised, leaving behind everything she's known.

Twelve years later, she returns a changed woman. Will her family accept her back? Will the changes at home and the changes within her keep them from finding peace?

Very very good book. At moments, you feel you want to reach in there and shake some sense into the characters. Peterson has really hit home with this one. A modern telling of...more
Owen
My church book club is reading this book. It is definitely a tearjerker - I think I've cried every chapter. It is a modern retelling of the parable of the prodigal son. A little heavy handed with the message the author is trying to promote - that everything we do is a choice. But the plot moves along quickly.

OK, I finished the book. In typical romance fashion all the plot points are neatly (if not totally realistically, but hey, it's romance) wrapped up. Good book, not great.
Tammie Calcutt
Excellent read! It really hit close to home with me
Sandra
Very inspirational.
Sandy
Great story about forgiveness.
Kortney
I saw this author when I was skimming through the Religious Fiction area of Barnes and Noble and thought the books looked interesting. After choosing this book I found that I liked it very much. The writing very much reminded me of the style that Karen Kingsbury has but also different in many ways. It was a little hard to get into in the beginning but I found after a couple of chapters it moved more quickly and kept my attention.
Robynne
I was going to give this book 3 stars because it was pretty good, but it went on about a hundred pages too long, and I was annoyed that it was taking so long to finish. A little too "storybook" ending for me, but if you're in the mood for that kind of book, this is a good one.
Brie
Nov 18, 2012 Brie marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I accidentally stole this from my old school Libary. I guess after 3 years in late fees I bought it? I hope..

Oh well, maybe one day ill actually finish this book and enjoy it.

But for now it'll sit lonely on my desk.
Cathy
A; A nice story about a woman who comes home after a decade away seeking to piece her life back together again. Strong focus on forgiveness and lessons of the important things in life.
TEENS Holmes County
Review by Sheridan T.

Two sisters with a sad past who have to deal with it now

I liked how it told if from different views
Beth
Great book! It is about something that has been on my mind, that things may not be excusable but they are forgivable.
Rebecca Gfrerer
Apr 24, 2008 Rebecca Gfrerer is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
A good book about forgiveness, but I find it goes on too long...made me want to say, "OK--now get on with it!"
Margaret
I enjoyed this book enough to find others by this author. Sad story but very uplifting, all about forgiveness.
Bunni
This wasn't one the Tracie Peterson's usual novel's. I still loved it:-) Love the characters and the story line.
Shannon
I didn't realize that this was a totally religious book until I was mid-way through. Kind of boring.
Kellie Morris
Good Christian message from this book......learn to let go of resentment and don't hold grudges.
Heather
Modern day story with believable characters. A story of personal struggles and faith...and love.
Kellie
I just picked this one of the library shelf. I liked it, didn't expect to be a book on faith.
Klriley
This was a great book with a good meaning. I loved the dynamics of the characters
Debi Lyman
I thought this was a really good book. An easy read. A feel good book.
Belinda
Great book about family relationships, trust and unconditional love.
Heather Lewis
Good book. Just a little slow, but sweet with a great 2nd half.
Ebell1993
This book is so touching!! A great book for adults and young adults.
  • A Promise for Tomorrow (Ribbons of Steel, #3)
  • One More Sunrise
  • The Still of Night (A Rush of Wings #2)
  • More Than Words (Daughters of Amana, #2)
  • Remember to Forget (Clayburn,#1)
  • Courting Miss Amsel (Heart of the Prairie #6)
  • A Texas Legacy Christmas (Texas Legacy #4)
  • Levi's Will
  • The Drifter (Men of the Saddle Series #2)
  • Stepping Into Sunlight
  • Be Strong & Curvaceous (All About Us, #3)
  • Doctor in Petticoats (Sophie's Daughters, #1)
  • The Perfect Life
  • Amy Inspired
  • Rugged and Relentless (Husbands for Hire, #1)
  • The Lightkeeper's Bride (Mercy Falls, #2)
  • Covenant Child: A Story of Promises Kept
  • A Whisper of Danger (Treasures of the Heart #2)
Tracie Peterson is a bestselling author who writes in both historical and contemporary genres. Her novels reveal her love for research as well as her strong desire to develop emotionally meaningful characters and stories for her readers. Tracie and her family live in Montana.

pen name: Janelle Jamison
More about Tracie Peterson...
A Lady of High Regard (Ladies of Liberty, #1) A Daughter's Inheritance (The Broadmoor Legacy, #1) Land of My Heart (Heirs of Montana, #1) Dawn's Prelude (Song of Alaska, #1) Embers of Love (Striking a Match, #1)

“Often times we reach out to people who would rather not be reached. We love people who reject our love and would just as soon spit in our face, but Jesus asks us to go on loving--go on reaching. It's easy to love someone when they love us, but so much harder to love when we are treated poorly by that person.” 4 likes