Start by marking “Carnal Ecstasy (Simple Need, #2)” as Want to Read:
Carnal Ecstasy (Simple Need, #2)

Carnal Ecstasy (Simple Need #2)

When good girls go bad, very, very bad…The minute Carrie meets tattooed, bad-boy bartender Dallon, her decision is made. He’s the one, her ticket to freedom and a new, independent life. She’s tired of dictates and zero dates and following the path laid out before her by her well-meaning-but-completely-out-of touch-with-her-reality religious parents.Dallon sees the buttoned ...more
Published July 2nd 2010 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about Carnal Ecstasy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Carnal Ecstasy

Dina
Vegetables as sex toys? Nah, that is so passé. Beer bottles and pool cues are the hit of the moment, according to Dallon. Yikes!

The happy recipient of Dallon's creative sex plays is Carrie, a 30-year-old woman who's - finally! - gotten tired of living a sheltered life under the influence of her parents and is ready to break loose. Who's better than Dallon, a tattooed bar owner who once lived in the same lifestyle, to help her find her naughty and wild side?

As you may have guessed by the first pa
Anthi
Ok I picked this out of curiosity to read it after a friend's review here in GR and I'm halfway through and I'm thinking: is it me or the sex is kind of boring? Maybe it's because Carrie is boring 'cause Dallon's ok and kind of hot, in my mind at least he is since Matthews didn't even bother to descibe him so I have no fucking clue what he looks like. And what's this crap about Carrie never had had tasted any kind of coffee like Latte or Cappucino because it would be a sinful experience! I mean ...more
Cyn Mistress Kitty
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Nov 14, 2010 Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Erotica Romance fans
Good Lord. Carnal Ecstasy is HOT! When Dallon sets his eyes on sweet Carrie, he finds that he can’t stop thinking about her.

The two have never been more different. Dallon is a sexy bad boy bartender and Carrie is a sweet and naive woman who has lived a sheltered life. But when Carrie quits her job and comes to the bar seeking Dallon out, Dallon can’t fight the temptation of turning this sweet girl into something naughty. When Carrie tries to break out of her sheltered dome and find herself, Dal
UKSandy
Dec 06, 2010 UKSandy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Jan 07, 2011 Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog) by: Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Shelves: read-in-2011
Steamy short story by Lissa Mathews.

Bartender and co-owner, Dallon helps Carrie break out of her protective shell by showing her the ropes.

How you ask?
By showing her proper usage of “bar objects” such as barstool, pool table, que sticks and the unforgettable beer bottle. He is very creative. ;)

Dallon is bar co-owner with Vinter (who I love) and Jaz (the next book). Note, that these men once shared not only the bar ownership but shared partners in bed. Totally BAD boys. Fun books to read.

Thank
Riverina Romantics
I wasn’t expecting to love this book. I have read a Lissa Matthews story before and it didn’t sit well with me. It wasn’t badly written, I just didn’t like the characters and their extreme lack of inhibitions. But I am the first to state I am a moody bee with an itch when it comes to erotica. I need to be in the right naughty and dirty frame of mind.

Anyway, enough rambling.

I liked Carnal Ecstasy. I was definitely in the right mood for something dirty....and dirty is definitely what it was.

I will
~ Cariad ~
3.5 for me... Lol I'm not really into the whole beer bottle/objects into orifices thing!
Will be reading book 3 as book 1 was brilliant!

Pre-review:
OH YES YES YES THERE'S MORE!!!
dyes yes yes
woman waving arms
Lisa (Fic Talk)

3.5 Stars

This one wasn't as great as the first but I still liked it. It read a lot quicker than the last one, even though it's already very short, and there were a few scenes that kinda squicked me out. (view spoiler) That pretty much turned me off for a bit. Also, it lacked the emotion that book one did. I didn't feel that Dallon and Carrie were r
Riverina Romantics
Carnal ecstasy.

4 stars
5 hotness

Anyway, enough rambling.

Cynthia
If you're looking for a red-hot read, that is short on substance but long on kink, you found it. The H/h are uncomplicated characters and I knew what to expect. I'm not fond of commonplace items being used as sex toys because of the risk of injury. Because of that only three stars. Even though this is Book 2 of a series, it stands alone very well. However, now I need to read Book One!

Ebook courtesy of Lissa Matthews and Under The Covers Book Blog.
Whisper19
Nov 27, 2011 Whisper19 rated it it was ok
I'm a bit disappointed with this one. the other two books from this series are a lot better. this one is just a bit, I don't know... It just didn't "do" it for me. I like kink just as much as the next person, maybe even more, but there was something unrealistic about all of this...

all in all, I prefer Vinter and Jaz's stories
Amelia
Aug 24, 2012 Amelia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hot-romance, yummy, tattoo
First off, the cover doesn't do it for me. So, I'm going to ignore the cover. But the book...I liked it more than Simple Need. Maybe it's because I've always been a little enamoured of that whole seemingly innocent girl meets really bad boy and he teaches her his wild ways storyline. I enjoyed Carnal Ecstasy and am looking forward to reading Jaz's story. Yay!
Lynsey
Feb 15, 2011 Lynsey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-contemp
Where do they keep men like this??

Now that is what I call creative.

This is actually my least fav of the three stories, but it still pretty much set my clothes on fire - I wouldn't have missed it!

Jae
For the love of all that is twisted and dirty (borrowing Dallon's phrase) I so wanted to love Dallon's story. But he was just too in control of the sex and himself. He needed to lighten up a bit.. This book just didn't do much for me... Didn't fancy the cover as well..
Rhonda
Jan 01, 2011 Rhonda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really sweet story, and steamy too!! It just didn't grab me the same way Vinter and Jaz did!!!
Juju221
Sep 26, 2010 Juju221 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun and frisky with a little bit of deviant. A 67 page quickie that will definitely get you looking for Vinter, Dallon and Jax's bar! Can't wait for Jax's book!
Nicole
Feb 02, 2011 Nicole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica
Okay . . . It's supposed to be 3 1/2 stars, not quite 4 . . . I liked it better than Simple Needs. Can't wait to start reading up about Jaz!
Mersina Stark is a Bookwhoreasaurus
All I can say is OH MY SH*TNESS BATMAN!
Cecile
Oct 08, 2010 Cecile rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For those of you that know me and those that don't this is my little statement about short books.... I do not judge short stories on the rush of their relationships, because they are just that - short stories. So, yes the relationships always could have been drawn out more, yea it seems like they fall in love to fast and of course the story could have been made longer... but it is a short story. So with that said.... here is my review...

This is definitely a book that will get you blood boiling t
Sofia Grey
I think after the sheer perfection of Simple Need, it would be hard to match it, and I had high hopes for Carnal Ecstasy, the second book in this trilogy.

Dallon, part bar-owner, part-tattoo-parlour-owner and best friend of Vintner and Jaz is not looking for an emotional entanglement. He’s especially not looking for Carrie – the complete opposite of his ‘type’. She’s a good girl, a well brought up Christian who follows her parents instructions in everything. Until now. She’s rebelling – and first
Kristy
Apr 17, 2011 Kristy rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
Following the same formula as Ink Spots, which is actually the 3rd book in the series.....but one that I read first (I didn't know!) - this book is basically one hot sex scene after another....with just enough plot and character development thrown in to make you care about the story and the characters.

This one focuses on Dallon and Carrie. They randomly meet at a store when she asks him for directions to the local Christian university where she just began working. She is new in town and was runn
ൠSinful
Jan 30, 2011 ൠSinful rated it it was amazing
This is the second short story in a series I am reading. I think I enjoyed it as much as I did because I could relate to Carrie to a degree. She grew up in a very conservative Baptist family that had lain an expected path at her feet. Now at the age of 30 she is finally done letting daddy pay the bills and tell her what to do.
She sees Dallon and wants him. She knows she's going to have to quit her job and get out from under daddy's thumb to have the one night with this bad boy of her fantasies.
Boxy Frown
The unfortunately named Dallon in this second of the Simple Needs series is naughty, filthy, and hot. He encounters Carrie while she is looking for her new job. He gives her directions as well as the location of the bar he co-owns. Little Miss Innocent Carrie is tired of living the life her ultra religious parents have laid out for her and decides she wants to take a chance and see if Dallon is willing to show her how to be a naughty girl. (I'll take this opportunity to say that he also taught m ...more
Monica
I have never, in my entire life, thought that a beer bottle could be used in such a way...huh.

One thing I can say about this man is: he's damn creative. Holly Moly, if you want to read this book, know that you will need new panties ASAP.

Just like the first book of the series, this was a VERY short story. What's interesting in this one is that the main female character NEVER narrates the story. Which is great, from my point of view, in this case.

The main male character is a 100% alpha-male-bad-bo
Maloup
Apr 18, 2011 Maloup rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica, quickies
nicoll lu
Nov 24, 2011 nicoll lu rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Did not like this one. I fail to understand why the author centres on the female body. From the viewpoint of a heterosexual woman this is not very exciting. Men don't tend to indulge in this genre all that much, so I fail to see the point of this approach. Personally, I am not particularly interested in how hot and steamy SHE was. The story was not written so much to celebrate carnal ecstasy as it was to celebrate how Carrie is bashful, and needs someone to help her deal with a serious case of O ...more
Leigh
Nov 30, 2016 Leigh rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads, smut
Well, I like book one more than this. BUTTTTT....

Cc
Jun 10, 2016 Cc rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5-3.75 ⭐ For some reason the first sex scene seemed a little clinical or sterile to me. It got better after that I think. I really liked the first one in this sereies and have the last one ready to go in iBooks, but I still liked this one. Certainly not bad at all. I like this authors writing, you don't have to worry awkward, stilted or stupid conversations. ...more
Samantha
This was just ok for me. Not much story or relationship development. Just jump into bed and fuck your way to love.
Kimi
Jul 29, 2012 Kimi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, I absolutely loved the first book of Simple Need, yet this second book didn't do it so much for me. Parts of it were sexy but other parts were a little bit weird and over the top. Over all it was a good story and I liked how the woman changed and the similarities between the battles that the characters had in their past and present. I'm very excited to finish the third book. I've started it and so far so good.
Red Iza
Mar 18, 2013 Red Iza rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
That's official, I'm addicted to Lissa Matthews' writing ! I finished this one little hot'n'steamy read and my, was it steamy !
And sweet too and for once, I liked the female character (though I couldn't understand why she was still so depending on her parents while she was 30 ?). I also liked the fact that she has curves :)
A little kinky, a little dirty talk, a lot of heat and passion, wonderful read !
Juli
Jul 29, 2010 Juli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The only words I can use to describe Ms. Matthews’ new novella is hot, starts out hot, and it gets even hotter. With a smoking, no holds barred hero who has done it all, and a innocent, yet brave heroine willing to try anything once, so long as it means breaking out of the shell her parents have hidden her away in all her life, this novella is definitely fuel for some very nice daydreams. :)
Lili
Jul 06, 2011 Lili rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
ugh!
I got tired of Carrie since the begining, good thing it was a short novel... it felt like Dallon was seducing a kid, sort of a kinky pedophile.
Carrie and her non-stop questions... and how can she be almost 30 and still have her parents pay for her house, clothes and car?
and just to add to the awfulness of the whole thing... the guy on the cover is one ugly man.
Jamie ~ Bad Boy Inspector
Although the cover art leaves much to be desired this was my favorite of the series. Dallon was the perfect bad boy: brooding, tattooed, HOT but with a soft juicy center. I loved him from the start. Carrie was awesome also. Good girl on the surface with a naughty girl trapped just waiting to get out. And boy the things Dallon does with bar objects YUMMMMY!!
Meghan Rose
Ummmm hott and adventurous, but didn't enjoy as much as the first. Don't get me wrong I liked it a lot and actually related in a way to Carrie, but I don't think Dallon did it for me as much as Vinter did. Maybe if it was longer and I connected with him more than it would have been a better rating. But still good and a quick, sexy read.
Eva
Really enjoyed Carnal Ecstasy (the 2nd book in the Simple Needs series) revolving around tattooed bad boys and the girls who love them. I really dislike the cover on this book. It almost put me off enough not to read it. I am surely glad I did read it despite the horrible cover art. On to the next book in this series.
Alice I Have Become
HORRID COVER. Hot read. Not all that different from Simple Need the first book. Another hot guy, another plus sized woman, but with the addition of some pool table action and the use of a beer bottle and pool cue as "toys," haha. Loved when he drew on the woman with the chalk, that was inventive and seductive.
MountainKat
*4- Stars*

Short, maybe too short, but definitely steamy and still good.
Kim C.
Dec 16, 2013 Kim C. rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Awful. This novella was nothing like the first in the series. The storyline was ridiculous and completely unbelievable. There was no chemistry and the sex scenes were uncomfortable.
Veronica~Nhaughty
Oct 08, 2011 Veronica~Nhaughty marked it as to-read
How's this for a warning!! ;)
Reader Advisory: What Dallon does with a beer bottle may be illegal in forty-eight out of fifty states-and at least two territories.
Shannon   The Romance Addict!
A little too much for me.
Jessica
Um...not a fan. There were so many things wrong with this short story. Both main characters were annoying and very contradictive. Wouldn't recommend
Netanella
Jun 23, 2012 Netanella rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Had a hard time with this one - hard to believe in Ms. Straight-Laced Never-Had-A-Latte-Cuz-Caffeine-Is-Dangerous going for beer bottle or pool cue sex.
  • On the Edge (Uncommon, #0.5)
  • Graceful Mischief (Graceful, #2)
  • Black Jack
  • Size Matters (Lovers on the Fringe, #1)
  • Coming Clean (Dirty Laundry, #3)
  • Sinful Southern Ink (Sinful South, #1)
  • Mr. Buff
  • Working Out (The Works, #2)
  • Dirty Thirty
  • Talk Dirty to Me  (Dirty Laundry, #2)
  • A Little Harmless Pleasure (Harmless, #2)
  • Chance of a Lifetime
  • A Shot in the Dark (Long Shots, #2)
  • Indelibly Intimate
  • My One
  • Hot for Santa (Hot in the City, #5)
  • Pleasure Bound (Hard to Get, #2)
  • Kristen's Addiction

Simple Need (3 books)
  • Simple Need (Simple Need, #1)
  • Ink Spots (Simple Need, #3)