Start by marking “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4)” as Want to Read:
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4)

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter #4)

4.48 of 5 stars 4.48  ·  rating details  ·  1,417,350 ratings  ·  20,104 reviews
It is the summer holidays and soon Harry Potter will be starting his fourth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Harry is counting the days: there are new spells to be learnt, more Quidditch to be played, and Hogwarts castle to continue exploring. But Harry needs to be careful - there are unexpected dangers lurking ...

Published August 6th 2000 by Bloomsbury Publishing (first published July 8th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, please sign up.

Sarah Nika Vanau Of course you can buy it! It's very popular and easy to find!
Amicha I love the special edition 15th anniversary covers so much!! A Japanese illustrator named Kazu Kabuishi did them! He wrote and illustrated the Amulet…moreI love the special edition 15th anniversary covers so much!! A Japanese illustrator named Kazu Kabuishi did them! He wrote and illustrated the Amulet series as well. (:(less)
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper LeeThe Outsiders by S.E. HintonThe Catcher in the Rye by J.D. SalingerPride and Prejudice by Jane AustenLittle Women by Louisa May Alcott
Best Coming of Age Stories
16th out of 818 books — 945 voters
The Fault in Our Stars by John GreenDivergent by Veronica RothThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingCatching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Six Stars
24th out of 1,187 books — 661 voters

More lists with this book...

Stephen
This was the beginning of my addiction to POTter. I had previously experimented with and enjoyed POTter on 3 different occasions, but could easily have walked away and never touched the stuff again. Then, under some pressure from some POTterHEAD peers of mine, I tried the newest blend called the Goblet...and everything changed. As the warm, easy, potato chip prose crossed my blood-brain barrier, euphoria ensued. My inner child was smitten.

I...was...hooked and I...was...happy.

Ignore the so-call
Hira
*To read more reviews by me visit Views & Reviews *

I seriously have no idea why I still review these books when I have nothing new to say. I mean... J.K. Rowling is perfect. This series is perfect. And I dream day & night of going to Hogwarts. So what I'm going to do is, I'm going to show you how I felt about this book:

When I started the book:

During the book:

At the end:

Umm.. Mam Rowling..

All in all

description

Sorry for the lame review, readers. I just really don't know what to say..
Raeleen Lemay
Re-Read in December 2014 for Harry Christmas To You

SO I HAVE A FEW NOTES ON THIS ONE:

-at the beginning, Voldemort says to Wormtail, "I will allow you to perform an essential task for me, one that many of my followers would give their right hands to perform..." OMG J.K. ROWLING FORESHADOWS EVERYTHINGGGG

-when the Weasley men come to Privet Drive through the Dursleys' fireplace is just.... priceless. Yet ANOTHER scene that I wish had made it into the movie.

-We get to meet Bill in this book (way e
Mohammed Arabey
في سوريا والعراق ظهر قادة الدولة الإسلامية "داعش" يغزون مدنهما يخرجون من ليس منهم,من ليس "إسلاميا" مثلهم من بيوتهم ومدنهم… يقتلون وينحرون رأس من يقف أمامهم, من يختلف عنهم في الدين أو المذهب وحتي الرأي أحيانا..من ليس مثلهم لا يحق له العيش في الدول التي يفتحونها أو ينتووا فتحها
وعلي مقربة منهم ,مكانيا, في فلسطين هناك الصهاينة ,يتغلغلون بأراضيها يخرجون من ليس منهم, من ليس يهوديا صهيونيا من بيوتهم واراضيهم..يقتلون ويقصفون بيوت من يقف أمامهم ,من ليس صهيونيا أو يهوديا هو أقل منهم شئنا...هم الساميون أسم
Susan
Now THAT'S a book! The groove that J.K. Rowling starts to find in HP 3 is fully realized in 4. Partly it's that the kids (and therefore the readers) are getting older so she can delve into more adult, complex themes and situations, and partly it's that I think she's really finding her voice. We finally got our very own HP's, I am happy to report, and it's so funny to look at them all side by side b/c of the HUGE leap in size between 3 and 4. Then they get a little tricky b/c while 4 and 5 look t ...more
9 3/4
Harry Potter changed my life. If I hadn’t read Harry Potter when I did I would not be the same person today. What I am today, in a part is due to Harry. I cannot really say enough to make you understand how much Harry Potter means to me.
Juliana Zapata
Como todo el mundo me advirtió este libro estuvo más oscuro y la historia se complicó bastante. Ame leer como empieza la adolescencia de los personajes, los celos de cada uno en determinadas situaciones y la forma en que afrontaban estas situaciones.

Amando profundamente la historia y a todos sus personajes, leerlos crecer ha sido maravilloso

Reseña Completa: http://bastvilard.blogspot.com/2015/0...
Franco  Santos
Excelencia pura. Me encantó. En éste se desarrolla una prosa más madura y oscura. No puedo decir nada más; mi amor por este libro es inefable.
description
—Saludémonos con una inclinación, Harry —dijo Voldemort, agachándose un poco, pero sin dejar de presentar a Harry su cara de serpiente—. Vamos, hay que comportarse como caballeros... A Dumbledore le gustaría que hicieras gala de tus buenos modales. Inclínate ante la muerte, Harry.
Inge
Could you be any more perfect?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Jason Koivu
If the "shit got real" in the last book, well, in this fourth book shit got unreal.

Goblet of Fire took the series forward and yet in tone it felt like a regression to the first two books. Certainly it is darker and slightly more mature in subject matter. However, there's a lingering "freshman" feel which I blame on the inclusion of the Tri Wizard Tournament. It seemed out of place at this point in the story.

I have no problem with the idea that the wizarding establishment didn't believe (or want
Katya
Here be warned: This review contains cursing.

Greetings, loved ones, and let us talk of a young witch named Hermione Granger.

Hermione is, and always has been, a delight to read. Not necessarily because she's a girl, but because she is the only character amongst those 14 year olds who actually has a good head on her shoulders.

When I was young and gullible, I hated this book. Hated how it killed off Cedric and how bloody the series got afterwards. I hated it enough to renounce the franchize. Now
Liza Martin
So after suffering through the first three books of this series, I vowed never to carry on and finish it. That is, until I was at a party and two of my friends gave the Harry Potter saga such a ringing endorsement that I was convinced I was missing out. I picked up the fourth book and was determined to read it, to reconsider my stance on the series.

I quickly got through 200 pages, but it was then that I came to the same crisis I always do when reading a Harry Potter book: Do I really want to go
Mariel
Feb 25, 2012 Mariel rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: flobberworms give bad bite
Recommended to Mariel by: Aragog never killed no one never
I'm a Harry Potter fan. A rather hardcore one, back in the day. The Harry fans at the big meetup of 2007 (last book) ditched me for not being cool enough. Shows what they know.

I don't know if anyone on goodreads followed the intense Harry Potter fanbase core in the good old days. I wasn't on goodreads until after the last book came out. Goblet of Fire was the last Harry Potter book before all of the bitching naysayers. It was never as much fun after that, either to discuss theories or pick apart
Navessa
I don't know why I thought I'd actually be able to review these books. I can't. I have nothing to say that hasn't already been said and really I don't think I could manage anything other than some flailing and fangirling. So here you go:

*flails*

*fangirls*

Jay Kristoff
This was the book that broke me from the HP series. My bride insists they got better, but she also married me, so her taste is... suspect.

I loved Prisoner of Azkaban. Great struggle, clever time-travel story (very hard to do) and our first real glimpses of the dark places where this series would head. I liked that shift, I really did. So what broke me?

Firstly, the plot holes. Well, more accurately, one plot hole, but it was a frackin' doozy. You know the opening scene in Star Wars where the came
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

This was the turning point. Where the books ceased to be books and instead became a lifestyle. Where not only did I laugh, but also cried my eyes out. Where the Hogwarts students became MY friends. MY family. This was when I knew there was no going back and I was committed to the end.

"It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be."

(And The Doctor was in the movie version - so BONUS!)
Danae
I'm going to keep up my non-reviews that I did for the past three books which have been gifs from that particular movie. Because let's face it, there's no way anything I say can do these books justice. However, the pic I chose for this review doesn't have much to do with the series, and everything to do with the fact that I forgot David Tennant was in the movie.
Maxwell
This book is the crux of the series. It really sets up the dark atmosphere of the final three books. And I absolutely love it. It may be one of my favorites of the series.
Thomas
Carmen Maloy
Oct 22, 2007 Carmen Maloy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
What stands out in book 4:

* Hermione's disgust at the reception for the veela (Bulgarian National Team Mascots) at the Quidditch World Cup. Rowling's fourth book addresses issues about growing up--the dynamic between the boys and girls at Hogwarts starts to change. Nowhere is this more plain than the hilarious scene in which magical cheerleaders nearly convince Harry and Ron to jump from the stands to impress them.
* Viktor Krum's crush on Hermione--and Ron's objection to it.
* Malfoy's "Potter
Priscilla
Pretty darn fabulous.

1) Did I mention how much I love Dumbledore?
2) LOVE HARRY.
3) Ron and Hermione need to kiss already XD jk
4) The story was seriously epic .___.
5) EPIC, I SAY.

A written review will be up soon!
Steve
I'm not going to try to review this book or add any new thoughts to the thousands of reviews that are already all over the web. I do have a few observations about this book though.

5 stars

The first, and probably the most obvious, observation I have is that this is the first of the series that didn't start out with Harry struggling over the abuse he's taking at the Dursley's home. This one started out much darker, focusing on He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named and his initial attempts to regain his physica
Brad
Goblet of Fire's sprawling messiness is fascinating to me. It seems to mark the moment when J.K. Rowling gained full power over her creation. She wasn't a struggling, driven, single mom anymore -- she was J.K. ROWLING! She was a literary superstar, and suddenly she could do anything she wanted without hindrance.

The result is a giant mess. She's got a Quidditch World Cup happening; she's got the crazy Triwizard Tournament, and all its machinations; she's got Harry's hormones starting to rage; she
Shelby *wants some flying monkeys*

If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals...Sirius Black
Elena
This will always be one of my favourites, and if not than my absolute favourite, of the series!
Ariel
It just feels good to read Harry Potter, you know? Goblet of Fire has always been my favourite book in the series. I love the quick pace, and the official change of mood: this is not just a childrens book anymore.

I've actually been considering doing a video about my feels on Goblet of Fire, so I wont say too much more, but I really enjoyed reading this.. It took me awhile to read it, but I loved that.. I loved just spending my time, no rush, with Harry and the Gang.
Laz
Jan 26, 2015 Laz rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: magic world lovers
“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

This book and all its glory.. I loved this. It was simply extraordinary and unlike any other Harry Potter novel. This was considerably more mature than any of its predecessors. I loved the size of it. It was a book I couldn't get enough of even though it's actual the biggest so far and the most detailed one. Mrs. Rowling never ceases to amaze me.

I loved how in each and every book we see how
Saniya
Edward Lorn
Jul 13, 2015 Edward Lorn rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fellatio afficendos and gushing geriatric gangbang groupees.
Recommended to Edward by: Shelby
Alternative American Titles:

Harry Potter and the Flaming Cup

Harry Potter and the Chalice of Embers

Harry Potter and the Burning Cuppa Hot Heat That is Also Quiet the Inferno

Okay, I'll admit it. This book is pretty rad. Some of the chapters were overly lengthy and the monologues at the end were long winded even for my liking (I've written my fair share of villains monologuing, as Gregor Xane has pointed out on numerous occasions, but this was riddikulus!). Overall, though, I enjoyed myself.

It too
Favorite Magical Creature? 27 65 Jul 08, 2015 01:57PM
HELP!!! Pottermore 10 164 Jun 28, 2015 07:26AM
Live, Laugh &...: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 5 24 Jun 26, 2015 11:01AM
Miss Powers' Hono...: My First Book Of The Summer 2 8 Jun 16, 2015 08:29AM
  • Briar's Book (Circle of Magic, #4)
  • Rise of the Evening Star (Fablehaven, #2)
  • Raven Rise (Pendragon, #9)
  • The Lives of Christopher Chant (Chrestomanci, #2)
  • The Long Winter (Little House, #6)
  • The Austere Academy (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #5)
  • A Fúria dos Reis (As Crónicas de Gelo e Fogo #3)
  • The Castle of Llyr (The Chronicles of Prydain #3)
  • Triss (Redwall, #15)
  • Dragon Spear (Dragon Slippers, #3)
  • Silver on the Tree (The Dark is Rising, #5)
  • Which Witch?
  • Forest of the Pygmies (Eagle and Jaguar, #3)
  • The Magician's Nephew (Chronicles of Narnia, #6)
  • The Ballad of Sir Dinadan (The Squire's Tales, #5)
  • Danny the Champion of the World
  • Under the Jolly Roger: Being an Account of the Further Nautical Adventures of Jacky Faber (Bloody Jack, #3)
  • The Mirror of Merlin (The Lost Years of Merlin, #4)