Start by marking “Hunters of the Dusk (The Saga of Darren Shan, #7)” as Want to Read:
Hunters of the Dusk (The Saga of Darren Shan, #7)

Hunters of the Dusk (Cirque du Freak #7)

4.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  19,608 Ratings  ·  395 Reviews
Darren Shan, Mr Crepsley and Vancha Marsch, are the hunters of the dusk. Their quarry - the Vampaneze Lord. But friends old and new may stand in their way... tHE SAGA OF DARREN SHAN BOOK 7 Darren Shan, Mr Crepsley and Vancha Marsch, are the hunters of the dusk. their quarry - the Vampaneze Lord. But friends old and new may stand in their way... It is six years after Darren ...more
Published by HarperCollins Children's Books (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Hunters of the Dusk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunters of the Dusk

Kyle
Aug 23, 2016 Kyle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Another adventure off to a good start.

Prince Darren, along with Larten Crepsley and Harkat Mulds, are sent off on a special mission to hunt the Vampaneze Lord by Mr. Tiny.

I really enjoy Darren as a main character. It will be interesting to see where the other takes things as the story progresses. As with the other stories in the series, the book is well written, and has no ending. I'll have to read the next book in the series to continue the plot started in this book. Which is one of my bigge

Kavita Ramesh
Jun 15, 2016 Kavita Ramesh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Real rating: 3.5 stars

With each installment, this series keeps getting better. The vampire lore spun by the author is fresh and original...and getting very intricate and complicated. I really like the world-building. It's believable and always has a new facet for the reader to explore. (It's pure fantasy, but also believable, and that's a tough line to walk!)

I can't recommend this series enough. It's a great read, especially for kids (ages 12+).
Charlotte van den Berg
When a friend of mine recommended a young adult series to me about vampires I was a little hesitant. Thinking back a few years to the time I tried many vampire series friends of mine loved I almost lost interest completely. But I trusted this friend and decided to check it out. I could always stop reading after the first book. I was relieved to see that this book didn’t look like any of the other vampire books I tried to read so I didn’t have come up with an excuse why I couldn’t read this serie ...more
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*

Nothing like opening a book in a series and finding out it’s skipped forward…by six years. Yes, six years. Hear me sigh in irritation.

The last book left off with a stunning revelation, but we’ve skipped forward now. Once I got past that annoying development, the story continues to demand my attention.

Darren hasn’t seemed to think or tend to the views of the former traitor he was considering before (peace treaties), and while not enjoying killing, does it with more natural ease when it’s needed.
Siobhan
Oct 12, 2014 Siobhan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book in the series is very much focused around the larger plot related to the twelve books. Whilst some of the previous books were focused more upon Darren’s experiences this one brings us back to the war which is going on.

After being visited by a character from one of the past books, our main characters find themselves at the Cirque once again. Here events are not quite what they once seemed, with questionable motives in the air. Our characters find out that completing the mission that the
Patryk Stypulkowski
Darren Shan, now a Vampire of high standing, is sent on a mission along with an Elite Squad to eliminate the threat of the murderous Vampaneze and their Lord. Will Darren succeed, and if he does, will it have been worth it?
Expanding on the books before it, “ Hunters of the Dusk” might seem like a good book at first. It has action, as well as a fairly interesting plot. However, the problem in the last book has not been fixed. Darren Shan, a mere, young, half-vampire, is chosen by an agent of De
Whitney
Six years have passed since The Vampire Prince and the vampires are at war with the vampaneze. Along comes Mr. Tiny, bearing an ominous look into the future. Darren, Mr. Crepsley, and Harkat Mulds are dispatched on a mission to do the impossible; find and kill the Lord of the vampaneze. If they should fail, the destruction of the vampire world will be on their hands.

Plot

Though I found the overall plot of Hunters of the Dusk boring, I’m glad I didn’t have to sit through the six years that Darren
Cinthia Palomino
As Darren holds the spot of vampire price since he was supposed to be sentenced to hall of death for running away from his trials but was voted by the vampires to become prince wich was the only solution other than death. Comes a well expected vsit by all vampires, Desmond Tiny who is hated by the vampires made a prophecy talking about the Vampaneze Lord and a great war. The Vampaneze Lord is alive and traveling the world. Now, it's up to Darren Shan, Mr. Crepsley and a the Vampire Prince Vancha ...more
Max705
Mar 25, 2010 Max705 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
MAX LEU 705 ELA FINAL PROJECT READING REPONSE ON GOODREADS

when I read this book I think about how appearences can really change how someone thinks about someone, like evanna when darren first meets her he thinks she is a witch because of how she looks but she is actually a very nice person.people all the time worry about how they look, when someone looks at you and classifies you on how you look because thats the only part of you that they will be able to see. if you are ugly then people will pr
Cary
Mar 11, 2015 Cary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
angharad mair
Jan 26, 2016 angharad mair rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Hunters of the Dusk was most definitely the least interesting of the series thus far, which is upsetting since it's supposed to be drawing closer to the huge finale. Nevertheless, I did find myself enjoying the snippets of information that were littered every so often about Harkat's previous form! I believe he was maybe the brother to Evanna… I'm also pretty sure that the Vampeneze Lord is Steve Leopard/Leonard — since that would make perfect sense!
Eleonore
Apr 25, 2015 Eleonore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mr. Tiny tells Mr. Crepsley and Darren that they have to go find the Vampaneze Lord and kill him, and that only them and one other vampire that they will find later can kill him. Darren and Mr. Crepsley go to find the other vampire, so they start searching. They find Vancha March, the third vampire. All three of them want to find the Vampaneze Lord, but they don't know where to start, so they just follow their instincts. Then, they do find him, and while trying to kill him, they killed all the V ...more
Aurora
Jun 05, 2016 Aurora rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Darren is now the prince and have quests to do, it is just the beginning. The author made it very fun by adding thoughts, I like reading their thoughts and 'watching' their actions. It's pretty exciting when they are fighting their enemies. Everyone should try this book out, continue with the next book! I can't stop reading the series because their too FUN!!!
Essau Alli
Mar 31, 2010 Essau Alli rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is another book that is about the vampire Darren. He has become more mature and he has gained new friends that have stuck with him since he became the vampire he is now. He is now stronger then ever because of his mentor Mr Crepsly.

I can connect this book to the world because it shows that once you have someone to guide you, you will be able to accomplish what ever you want to do. In the world there are many people who like to help others with there future.

I rate this book 4 and 1/2 s
Hannah H
Jul 19, 2016 Hannah H rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dutch
I stayed up pretty late to finish this book and it was worth it. Darren always seems to have this 'vampire luck' while afterwards it seems that it wasn't much like luck at all. I love how short these books all are though
Negin
Jul 18, 2015 Negin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
خود کتاب رو دوست دارم. کلاً دارن باحال مینویسه 0_0 نکته هایی هم بود ک میخواسم بگم ک الان یادم نیس o:-)
Emma
May 03, 2016 Emma rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-books
I've never read any of this series before and when I was given this book I didn't actually realise it was set right in the middle of the series! So I was thrown right into the middle of the whole thing with no previous knowledge of anything except that it was about vampires.
I was pleasantly surprised that a) the plot is easy enough to pick up at this point without having read the 6 previous books and b) that I quite enjoyed it despite being a bit fed up with the vampire genre.
This is aimed at
Dharia Scarab
I picked this series up to donate, but I was curious since I'd seen the movie inspired by the series so I figured I'd read them before donating them.

I have to say, this series was not about what I thought it was. I was expecting books set in and around and with the circus. I was not expecting prophesies and epic questing to stop the killer vampires from destroying the good vampires.

Not what I'm interested in reading, but I'm sure they will be appreciated by someone else.

My love of reading star
Daniel
Overall, Hunters of the Dusk, is a decent book,but it is the last one I am planning to read from the series. This book was the first real change in a while with new settings, characters and ideas implemented in varying degrees of success. The book was decent overall, with the much needed return of old characters but the ideas were all cliche and boring while the setting change is almost not noticed.
Starting with the good, this book makes the must needed change of bringing back characters from
Dfurholm
Oct 27, 2014 Dfurholm rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hunters of the Dusk
Darren Shan

I just couldn't put the book away!
This book, Hunters of the dusk was about Darren Shan, a not fully blooded Vampire, i.e. he has not yet become a real vampire. Darren lives in Vampire Mountain with a lot of other vampires. There is a war coming up against the vampaneze, the vampires’ leading enemies. The different princes and leaders are preparing for the war and thinking of different strategies.
One day, the founder of vampire mountain, Mr Tiny comes to visit the va
Felix
Oct 23, 2014 Felix rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I been reading Hunters of the Dusk by Darren Shan which is part of the Cirque Du Freak Series. It is the 7th book in the series

The hunt for the Vampanze Lord has started as Darren and the team of three vampires, the two vampire princes (Darren and Vancha) and Mr. Crepsly. If they don’t succeed with finding and killing the Vampanze Lord the whole vampire clan will die away in the War of scars against the Vampanze clan.

The most interesting part of the book is was when the Vancha told the truth
Julie Decker
Darren, the half-vampire kid who has recently been crowned a Prince to avoid being sentenced to death, is now traveling with his mentor Mr. Crepsley, another Vampire Prince, and creepy Little Person Harkat. Because there is a prophecy about the Vampaneze Lord being able to bring about the end of the Vampire Clan--handed down to them by Des Tiny, a man whose prophecies aren't ever wrong--the quartet has to find the bad guy and make sure they seize one of the four remaining chances to kill him. Bu ...more
Alvianti Fajarsari
Rasanya saya tumbuh bersama manusia setengah vampir ini. Bersama-sama mengikuti perjalanannya, dan merasakan tanggung jawab berat yang tidak seharusnya dipikul.

Buku ini banyak sekali konflik yang mendebarkan membuat perut melilit karena tegang dan penasaran.

Darren akhirnya keluar dari gunung vampir mengemban tanggung jawab sebagai pangeran vampir untuk menjaga kelangsungan hidup klan nya. Melakukan perjalanan bersama mr.crepsley menuruti takdir akan ramalan mr.tiny. Mereka menemui lady evanna
Jesse
This book is about vampirers trying to fight the vanpaneze. They even have vanpaneze pets to go out for them to find out where the vanpirers are trying to hide from them. And the vampaneze pets go back and tell the vampaneze where the vampires are thats if they can even find the vampires. the vampires and the vampaneze are always fighting. The vampires are usually always beating the vampaneze in their fights that they have. I think they choose darren to be prince.
Fantasy Literature
Hunters of the Dusk is the seventh book in Darren Shan’s CIRQUE DU FREAK series. Though Shan always does a nice job of quickly and sufficiently recapping the plot, it’d be best not to start here. Go back and begin with A Living Nightmare. And be warned that this review will contain spoilers for previous books.

It’s been six years since the events of The Vampire Prince. Young Darren Shan is now one of the leaders of the vampires because making him a prince was the only way that the other princes c
Baruir Lokmanian
I chose this book because I read the other books in the series and i wanted to continue on. Darren has been a prince now for a couple of years and one day Mr. Tiny visits and says three hunters, which are Darren, Larten, and Vancha, must hunt down the Vampaneze Lord if they want to win the war of scars. Mr. Tiny says they will have only 5 chances to kill him to win. My favorite quote in this book is “Ever hear of the phrase, Banging you're head on a brick wall?"
Ah, but you forget, Darren, vampir
Michael Dako
Mar 20, 2013 Michael Dako rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this series and I can only imagine what I will do when I'm finished it. I can't really say anything without giving anything away. All I can say though is it will surprise you. I am so glad I got Devin, Courtney, Zack, Daniel and maybe Mr.C reading this series. I hope they all love it as much as I do, and as always I can't wait to start the next one!
Bumblebeebookworm
Jan 18, 2015 Bumblebeebookworm rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ahmad Sharabiani
دارن شان، شاهزادهء اشباح، برای انجام ماموریتی کوهستان اشباح را ترک می کند که شاید منجر به مرگ او شود. او یکی از برگزیدگانی است که باید به تعقیب ارباب شبح واره ها برود. اگر او را نابود کند پیروز است و اگر شکست بخورد قبیلهء اشباح را به کام مرگ میبرد. ا. شربیانی
Charleen Blaire
  • Tide of Terror (Vampirates, #2)
  • The Haunting Hour: Chills in the Dead of Night
  • Mexico, 1850 (Vampire Plagues, #3)
  • Ninth Grade Slays (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #2)
  • Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 11 (Dawn of the Arcana, #11)
  • The Iron Fey Boxed Set: The Iron King, The Iron Daughter, The Iron Queen, The Iron Knight
  • Nightrise (The Gatekeepers, #3)
  • Midnight Predator (Den of Shadows, #4)
Librarian's note: Also writes under the name D.B. Shan.

Darren Shan (born July 2, 1972 in London, England) is the pen name of the Irish author Darren O'Shaughnessy, as well as the name of the protagonist of his book series The Saga of Darren Shan, also known as The Cirque Du Freak Series in the United States. He is the author of The Demonata series, as well as some stand-alone books, and a series o
More about Darren Shan...

Cirque du Freak (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • A Living Nightmare (Cirque Du Freak, #1)
  • The Vampire's Assistant (Cirque Du Freak, #2)
  • Tunnels of Blood (Cirque Du Freak, #3)
  • Vampire Mountain (Cirque Du Freak, #4)
  • Trials of Death (Cirque Du Freak, #5)
  • The Vampire Prince (Cirque Du Freak, #6)
  • Allies of the Night (Cirque du Freak, #8)
  • Killers of the Dawn (Cirque Du Freak, #9)
  • The Lake of Souls (Cirque Du Freak, #10)
  • Lord of the Shadows (Cirque Du Freak, #11)

“Ever hear of the phrase, Banging you're head on a brick wall?"
Ah, but you forget, Darren, vampires can break brick walls with their heads.”
303 likes
“A little knowledge is a dangerous thing."

- Harkat Mulds (Hunters of the Dusk)”
93 likes