Full Circle

Full Circle

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  4,530 ratings  ·  67 reviews
The 1960s.Kennedy.Martin Luther King.Civil rights.Viet Nam.Tana Roberts comes of age in this turbulent decade, and begins a journey that will lead her from New York to the South during the heat of racial unrest.A thoroughly modern young woman, she yearns for a career and is willing to sacrifice everything to get it.And it's only much later that Tana discovers that she can...more
Published May 1st 1985 by Dell (first published 1984)

Kristieanna
Here's the thing, I never read this book. On a lark, I tried to remember all of the DS books i read during the summer between 5th and 6th grade. At the community pool, Sun-In brand hair lightener in hand, I would devour book by smutty book while soaking up the sun and attempting to get the adult male lifeguard to admire my pert little girl tits. I could finish one during peak tanning hours (between 10-2) and get home to catch the remainder of One LIfe to Live and the entire episode of General Ho...more
Nibra Tee
Most of the Danielle Steel books I've read, not that there's a lot, have a few things in common. First, there's rape or an act of abuse that is bound to scar the heroine, an oversized burden prolonged until it becomes a flotsam in an ocean of events, and therefore irrelevant halfway and discarded to oblivion. This, let me remind you again, is limited only to a few of the author's works I was able to read. Also, the heroine will have multiple relationships, not all at once though, and Steel has a...more
Za Kasanoda
::this is my first of danielle steele's, and i must say, i still love it till now..i practically laugh and cry with it..i really love the part when Harry is dying and asked Tana to give marriage life a try.. when i read it, it's like watching a movie, how the plots being concocted together...aaaahh..i just plain love it !!::
Brandy
This was a good book, but I had some major issues with it. The book started out focused on Jean and then moved to Tana but I wish it had more of the mother in it. Billy should have also been punished or revenged somehow for the rape. Harry never should have died - Full Circle means she & him should have gotten together somehow. She also should have stayed in touch with Sharon Blake's parents or maybe had Sharon's son come looking for Tana. Good book through & good time frame.
Danielle Steel's novels are either a huge hit or a huge miss with me, this one fell somewhere right in the middle (which I feel usually dosen't happen with her books) I have read quite a few of her novels but in retrospect have probably made only a small dent in the numerous amount of novels she has out there. I did enjoy this story, and although some parts of the novel moved along quite slowly, there were other parts that keep me extremely engaged. There were a lot of twists and turns that were...more
Donna
May 01, 2012 Donna rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: feminists
Recommended to Donna by: finally decided to bite the bullet and give Danielle Steel a chance
My first ever Danielle Steel! I've avoided reading her for so long, being an ardent rebel against the chick-lit genre, but I finally succumbed and gave her a go. It wasn't as bad an experience as I had imagined, to be honest, and that surprised me. She's actually not a bad writer technically, and her characters stand for themselves in a realistic way, I suppose. What I didn't like was the storyline itself. It started out fine and built up quite well, but the ending was mediocre and anticlimactic...more
Sharmyn
A danielle Steele novel with more depth than the otherD steele books I've read. This spans generations and speaks volumes about the choices we make in life. The protagonist became dear to me, and I hated to see it come to an end. Great read!
Taffey Champion
I have always loved the televison version of this novel starring Patrick Duffy, Lynda Carter, and even a young Ben Affleck. Yet, finally reading the novel made me love this heartfelt, romantic story even more. I almost could NOT put it down for 2 days. No kidding.
Mary
Jun 08, 2012 Mary rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys historical fiction
Recommended to Mary by: Library Book Sale
Tana Roberts comes of age during the turbulent times of the '60s. She begins a journey which will lead her from New York to the South during the height of racial tensions. A thoroughly modern young woman, Tana desires everything that life has to offer. Most of all, she wants a career and is willing to sacrifice anything to get it. It's not until much later in her life that Tana discovers she can have it all - love, career and peace of mind as life for her comes full circle.

I did enjoy this book...more
Aboyer
This book was published in 1984 and was on my grandmother's shelf. I took it from her house and just now read it, all these years later. I really enjoyed the story as well as the history of what was happening in the world in the 60's and 70's. Good read!
Lynda
Vowing to never have a relationship with a man like her mother, Tana was careful with her heart. As time went by, Tana experienced such heart wrenching pain to further support the cause not to commit to a man fully or get pregnant. She channeled all her energy in advancing her career succeeding beyond her dreams instead. It took her acceptance to enjoy life and when the right man and the right time came along, her life flourished with abundant joy. For me, the book had a constant flow which seem...more
Shilpa bagla
i don't know what made me write a review for this book now years after i read the novel but here it is.This is one of the few books that have made me cry or actually made me think about it for days after i had read it.The life of Tana ,her struggle and fight for survival really touched me.This is easily my favourite Danielle Steel book.I loved Harry in this book and i cried the most when he died.the courage of Tana was really admirable and how she overcame her trauma and became successful was re...more
Bobbi
Another "of the multitude of Danielle Steel books I read again and again as a teenager" stories. This book follows the life of a girl who lost her father before she was born and spent her girlhood in the shadows of her mother's boss/boyfriend and his kids. I love the friendship she finds with Sharon and then Harry when she move out on her own and the story her life in the latter portion of the 20th century.
Marriyam Gunaratne
Gave me hope as my life is similar
Yvette
Sep 20, 2007 Yvette rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: chicklit likers
Shelves: chicklit
It's your typical Danielle Steel book. Entertaining but predictable. I compare it to the friend who calls and you ignore the ring, but later listen to their message; you know you like them but sometimes you are not in the mood...lol. Easy read, entertaining, but not spectacular...just okay.
Katrina
Started out OK when it seemed like the protagonist was going to be strong and resilient but lost a lot of steam midway through when she became wishy-washy and made some pretty unlikeable relationship choices. Improved quickly in the final few chapters but definitely not her best work.
Lucy Angela
I just felt sorry for the heroine. she deserve sth better but good to know she had a happy ending ;)

actually I wish she'd end up w/ Harry but only we knew that D.S wouldnt let our hope come true rite? ;) she's out of ordinary. at least when she's writing this. who knows?
Cath
Not the typical story and I love how the story begins just before Tana is born and finishes when she is in her 40s. We grow up with her.
One thing that I like about it is that it feels real, it's not a fairy tale story (even though I love to read some of those).
Karen
What can I say? Up until the mid-90's I read every Danielle Steel book the minute it came out (this and Message from Nam were better than her usual). It's kind of like my obsession with Harold Robbins and Sidney Sheldon. I'm so over all of them!
Gina
Jan 03, 2009 Gina marked it as to-read
Another book I don't recall reading. So I'll have to read a little and see if I did before passing on any review. So either I bought it and stowed it away or it wasn't memorable, I'll let you know once I figure it out.
Amel Armeliana
The funny thing is, I had already read this book but I didn't remember the story. This is not in favorite list of course, but one thing I remember I liked this book at that time. So, I gave 3 stars for this book.
Mary Randall
I've read almost all of her books and I love 'em. She's actually the first author I started following. It all began my senior year at good ole Udall High School, when I read The Promise. :-)
Elsie
May 21, 2008 Elsie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: steel
Sometimes what we think we want and what we really want aren't the same thing. Don't lock yourself into a life pattern because as you grow older sometimes your belief systems need to change.
Sandy
For a Danielle Steele book it was pretty good. I got on a kick where I read three or four of her books and then I just needed a break from her style of writing.
Linda
I loved Danielle Steel when she first starting publishing her novels. I find her like a book machine - just cranking them out now. This one is really good however.
Lesley
I remember reading this in high school then again before my daughter was born while sitting on the beach. Just saying Danielle Steele books are satisfactory!
Mary Ann
Good beginning, haven't read far. It promises to be wonderful and just right for a cozy winter's evening read. Danielle Steel has never disappointed me yet!
Sandra Lewis
This is a special book and I like to read it from time tot time.
Hope others like this book too. Danielle steel writes such wonderful books.
Adam82
This is a perfect example that your past will eventually catch up with you. Everyone that has skeletons in your closet please read this book.
Mukul Tope
I think this was one of the first few books when I started reading novels, I liked this book and still remember some of its scenes and characters.
Danielle Steel Bo...: Full Circle 1 1 Nov 20, 2012 03:22AM
  • Do You Take This Rebel? (The Calamity Janes, #1)
  • キャットストリート Vol. 2 [Kyatto Sutorīto] (Cat Street, #2)
  • Till We Meet Again
  • Evergreen
  • Public Marriage, Private Secrets
  • Harvest
  • A Secret Affair
  • The Wingless Bird
  • Kentucky Sunrise (Kentucky, #3)
  • Hollywood Kids
  • Runaway Ran
  • Rock My World (The Wrong Bed) (Harlequin Blaze #215)
  • The Rule of Four
  • Rumah di Seribu Ombak
  • Small Town Girl
  • Tail of the Moon, Volume 7
  • The Case of Lucy Bending
  • Delta Girls: A Novel
Since 1981, Ms. Steel has been a permanent fixture on the New York Times hardcover and paperback bestseller lists. In 1989, she was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for having at least one of her books on the Times bestseller list for 381 consecutive weeks. But Guinness was premature. The fact is that one or more of Ms. Steel's novels have been on the New York Times bestseller list for...more
More about Danielle Steel...
Safe Harbour Sisters The Gift Kaleidoscope Fine Things