Start by marking “Sunset in St. Tropez” as Want to Read:
Sunset in St. Tropez

Sunset in St. Tropez

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  2,970 ratings  ·  104 reviews
In her 55th bestselling novel, Danielle Steel explores the seasons of an extraordinary friendship, weaving the story of three couples, lifelong friends, for whom a month’s holiday in St. Tropez becomes a summer of change, revelation, secrets, surprises, and new beginnings . . .

As Diana Morrison laid the table for six at her elegant Central Park apartment, there was no war...more
Published June 3rd 2003 by Dell (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Sunset in St. Tropez, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sunset in St. Tropez

هديل خلوف
بدايةً الرواية غالية على قلبي لأنها هدية من صديقاتي , لكني سأتحدث عن مضمونها بغض النظر عما تعنيه لي .. الرواية من نمط " التيك أويه" .. قصة رومانسية مسطحة تتناول العلاقات والحب والصداقة والأبطال كهول وشيوخ ! وأنا أكره جداً تناول قصة حب بين مسنين أو كهلين ! ( على الرغم من أنّ الحب لا يقيده عمر كما يقولون ) .. القصة لم تضف لي شيئاً وأعتقد أنها لن تبقى بذاكرتي بعد أسبوعين من الآن .. لكن منزلتها ستبقى بقلبي إلى الأبد .. لا أنصح بقراءتها عموماً ..
Kristin
I read this when I was in grad school far away from what had become my life. It was an easy, guilty pleasure read. And I very much enjoyed it :)
Debbie
If I could, I would give this book 2-1/2 stars. I'm a fan of Ms. Steel, but this was not her best work. There wasn't much of a plot, and a lot of the descriptions were very repetitious.

I wanted to like Diana, but she was portrayed as pretty unlikable, and that kept me from caring about what happened to her or her marriage. I found myself more sympathetic to her cheating husband, and I wish we had insight into their marriage other than it going from perfect and storybook to completely falling ap...more
Christa
Lianne Burwell
Back when I decided to read this, it was to find out why Danielle Steele is such a high seller, and it was a short book.

Big mistake. It read more like the outline for a much longer book. Characters are not developed, and it suffers from a bad case of telling instead of showing. Definitely not a book worth reading.
Weaam
حسناً..هذه أول قراءة لدانيل ستيل! و هذه الرواية تبدو أنها فرنسية جداً! هل باقي كتاباتها كذلك؟
لم أشعر بالملل كثيراُ و لكن الترجمة ذكرتني بروايات عبير و أحلام !
ناهيك طبعاً عن بعض التفاصيل المستفزة التي تحتوي علي الكثير من الشموع و الليالي القمرية كلما مرت صفحتين أو ثلاثة
Dalyia
الرواية عادية جداً.. ليست بمستوى روايات دانيال ستيل المعتاد

امضيت اكثر من 3 شهور فى قرائتها بالرغم من صغر حجمها
لأنة الأحداث تقليدية ولا تشدك للمتابعة..
مفتقدة للعقدة وان كانت شخصيات الرواية
غنية ..
نجمة واحدة لبعض المواقف اللى عجبتنى فى الرواية
Alison
Adelia Tim
Absolutely one of the best books written by Danielle Steel. It has crying moments and laughing out loud moment! LOVED IT!
Betsy
This one was a fast read very easy to follow and very interesting
Zainab Al-rifai
اخر قراءة لدانيال ستيل
Tammy
Another lovely short story by Danielle Steel. This story is about three couples that are in their 60's. the youngest one just entered the 60 club, so to celebrate this milestone in their lives they decide to all take a vacation to St. Tropez. They get together a couple of times a month to have dinners at each others houses and celebrate New Years every year. This New Years they decide to go on this vacation in 6 months. During this time two of the couples face challenges that threaten the vacati...more
Mary
Jun 21, 2013 Mary rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes ccontemporary fiction
Recommended to Mary by: Bookmooch
As Diana Morrison laid the table for six at her elegant Central Park apartment that New Year's Eve, she had no idea of what was to come in the coming year. New Year's Eve dinner together was a sacred tradition for Diana, her husband of 32 years, Eric, and their best friends, Pascale and John Donnally and Anne and Robert Smith. The future looked rosy for the six friends as they sipped champagne and discussed their plans to rent a villa together in the south of France for that summer. But life had...more
Thayssa
9- If you could ask any character a question, what would you ask? If you could ask the author a question, what might be? Explain why you chose these questions.
I would like to ask Diana if she hasn’t forgiven her husband how she thinks that her life could finish in the book. I want to ask this because I believe that we can make mistakes too, so it is important to try to forgive who we love.
The question to the author is if she wrote the book based in her real experience. I’m curious to know if th...more
Kristen
In Danielle Steel's Sunset in St. Tropez, she took us from New York to a tropical paradise for a circle of friends and three couples. When Diana Morrison set the table in her home for her house, she didn't know what the new year would bring for her husband Eric and herself, and for the best of friends, Anne and Robert Smith, and John and Pascale Donnally. For them, it was a year to forget and a season of change, when they planned to rent a French villa. For Robert Smith, he lost his wife to a su...more
Lizzy B
well, first Steele book I've read, and admittedly not quite what I expected. More about friendships, interpersonal connections and coping with the problems life throws at us. Less about romance, and so on, though maybe my expectations were very missed judged.

I found it really hard to start reading as it probably took me a good half the book to grasp the characters, remember their names, and whom was partnered with whom. However, by the end I was a lot more involved, and bits of the story (not ju...more
Aliaa Talaat
لطيفة .. واضح ان النهارده عملت ريكورد فى القراءة عشان كده مقدرتش اسيبها غير لما اخلصها ..
النهاية السعيدة لكل الأبطال زى المعتاد من دانيال استيل بس بطريقة مقنعة ومفرحة تنفع الرواية اوى فى أوقات الأكتئاب أو الأحباط ..
وبتبين قد ايه ممكن الستات يكونوا قاسيين على بعض بطرق غير منطقية ..
Joanne
A quick light romance novel. Thought the characters could have been more developed especially since they had issues behind their actions.

Three 50ish couples always spend New Year's Eve together and decide to plan an August vacation in St. Tropez. Two weeks after the holiday, tragedy strikes one of the couples, but they decide to follow through with the rental property. The rental turns out to be a little different than the brochure pictured and the house staff very unique couple. Things have ch...more
Erin
Awful. Way way way too perfect. Something tragic happens to everyone and yet everything works out perfectly. And as usual it's all about the lavish lives of the rich and the famous.
Traci Shipley
OK little book. Not one of her best. Narration seems choppy. I never got interested in the characters and didn't really get to where I cared about what happened to them.
Kamal
It was a good read and you learn how to value relationships and appreciate the fact that friends play a big role in your life
Mary
I would love to have friends like these. What a great story of friendship and support. Would read again and again
Missghana77
This good was not the best but once again still i enjoyed reading it.
Sue Harris
I have read quite a few Danielle Steel books and this isn't one of her better ones. She must've been having a bad moment or something. Nothing exciting happens. Not as emotional as some of her other work. Not much of a plot - rather boring. The end is so predictable too.

She seemed to repeat herself a few times as if she was trying to fill out some pages!

Only took me a couple of days to read it as it wasn't taxing on the brain at all and less than 300 pages with big writing. Would have done bett...more
Cara Byrne

Marlena
Danielle Steel is an author that I can always pick up and know that I am going to enjoy the story. This book was no exception, but I did feel like the development and changes in the relationships of the three couple could've been developed more. Strangely enough, though, the one couple that I didn't care for in the beginning, I grew to appreciate in the end. Overall Sunset in St. Tropez is a good book, but definitely not one of her bests. If you want a quick, relaxing read, though, that will hav...more
Kellee Skipper
Enjoyed it but it didn't seem very realistic
Katandra Jackson
Three couples. Each seemingly, happily married. Then it happens. Loss. Infidelity. Betrayal...

Isn't Life just like that. Full of surprises that are sometimes unpleasant and undesired. Unexpectedly, an agent of Death raps upon the door and in an instant, changes everything! How precious the balance is. An ongoing cycle that we are reminded to cherish, especially when Fate comes around once more and blesses you with a second chance.

I adored the storyline and appreciated the steady flow of this boo...more
Tina Levy
Actually 2 1/2 stars. No big deal for DS...
Danielle Steel Bo...: Sunset in St. Tropez 1 1 Nov 20, 2012 08:53PM
  • A Secret Affair
  • A Ruling Passion
  • Lost Souls
  • The Devil's Hunt (Hugh Corbett, #10)
  • Crossroads
  • So Happy Together
  • My Beloved Son
  • Custody
  • A Room For The Dead
  • What You Wish For
  • Errands
  • Whirlwind (Welcome to Tyler, #1)
  • The Forbidden Zone
  • A Song for the Asking
  • So Far...
  • The Goodbye Summer
  • The Uncanny
  • The Summer I Dared
Since 1981, Ms. Steel has been a permanent fixture on the New York Times hardcover and paperback bestseller lists. In 1989, she was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for having at least one of her books on the Times bestseller list for 381 consecutive weeks. But Guinness was premature. The fact is that one or more of Ms. Steel's novels have been on the New York Times bestseller list for...more
More about Danielle Steel...
Safe Harbour Sisters The Gift Kaleidoscope Fine Things